It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:31 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:01 pm 

Alright even though iwas far from rich i still had a few 100k ,and i Dont mind,I dont remembver spending much gold nyways,alwaysh unted down my equip or crafted,or looted,so let the shard roll on:) GET CRUNK

thx for all the great work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:40 pm 

This may be a new concept but how about punishing the people that actually abused the bugs and not the rest of us? The people who have played here have already suffered 8 month rollbacks to where they had to totally retrain chars and rebuild, this was also due to bug abusers. And if this is to as you say "balance the shard" this is the problem with it, there will always be new players and their will always be old players so what are you going to wipe bank accounts every 3 years or so just to balance the economy for new players? You may get new players and some of the old ones may stick around but i'll tell you one day you will look back and say, "Hmmm maybe we should not have taken a loyal player base and kicked them squarely in the nuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:58 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
Quote:
Yeh it is staff's fault there are bug abusers, if we had more active staff on everyday, im pretty sure no one would take the chance of getting caught a abuse a bug =\
That logic is like blaming Microsoft that your machine got a nasty virus and had to be formatted again to fix the problem because a hacker found a hole to exploit. Blame the damn hacker man! OK, I do admit that blaming M$ for EVERYTHING is pretty fun :lol:

In fact I do blame Microsoft for viruses. They PAY HACKERS to hack. They hire people to make viruses so that they may come out with new virus protectors. That is corruption that has been going on for years....are you saying Obsidian staff are corrupt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:19 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
Quote:
Quote:
I really don't like it when people complain about the staff... is it their fault that there were bug abusers? and will be more in the future because if there is one thing i have noticed in my time here its this :things get "broken" DEAL WITH IT your gold is gone I'm sure you all have things laying around in your houses that is enough to buy a new house and keep going I made 13k today selling junk from ONE house...I believe I have 6.... before they remembered that there was gold on the vendors I had got mine bought a new house AND moved everything from a mining shack with no poly thats before i knew i could use the new command :lol: and ya know what im fine with it. cause they are right hiding gold on a vendor would have been easy for the cheaters.

as for people complaining about inactive staff....most of us have had "obs downtime" it happens, if you don't like some of the people here drive them off DO SOMETHING YOURSELF instead of piss and moan that staff don't do enough.
Yeh it is staff's fault there are bug abusers, if we had more active staff on everyday, im pretty sure no one would take the chance of getting caught a abuse a bug =\

Riiiiiight....kinda like if guards killed on site we wouldn't have any more pkers in town.... :roll:

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
This may be a new concept but how about punishing the people that actually abused the bugs and not the rest of us? The people who have played here have already suffered 8 month rollbacks to where they had to totally retrain chars and rebuild, this was also due to bug abusers. And if this is to as you say "balance the shard" this is the problem with it, there will always be new players and their will always be old players so what are you going to wipe bank accounts every 3 years or so just to balance the economy for new players? You may get new players and some of the old ones may stick around but i'll tell you one day you will look back and say, "Hmmm maybe we should not have taken a loyal player base and kicked them squarely in the nuts.
I thought you were quitting?

Because it looks to me like all you're doing is the same stuff you've been doing for the past few weeks.

1. bitching
2. whining
3. not listening

Now the first two are just annoying, and i laugh at them.
the third one i can't help you with. No one can force you to listen if you don't want to. So do us all a favor and either READ or stop bitching, because to keep posting a bitchfest without reading or trying to listen, you just make yourself look dumb.

This isn't to balance the shard for the new people, this is to balance the shard, PERIOD. This has nothing to do with old people vs new people. what it DOES have to do is that the shard economy is a joke right now, and the only way to put it in a somewhat balanced state is to either A. make all gold under 1 milliion worthless, i.e. that's the price for a loaf of bread, or B. delete all gold.

The second one is less retarded and makes more sense. For reasons why A. doesn't work, see germany post world war I.

As I said, unless you have not played for over 2.5 years, you have benefited from bug abouse, directly or indirectly. So no one here can say their gold is legitimate, because the economy is all interconnected. This has been stated aroudn 3 times, along with my earlier statement.

If you continue to just ignore what people say, you can just not post in topics. Because topics are about reading the previous post, thinking about it, and responding.

Not "see first post, bitch about first post, continually bitch about first post because it makes you less powerful and balance be damned".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:41 pm 
Game Admin

Things are going to be tough for awhile. Hell I can't get axis working, I'm answering new questions where I have to learn the answer first. It's not easy on anyone this change.

But we had to have it.

Things will be sorted, they will be fixed, it just takes a little bit of time like most good things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:59 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I thought you were quitting?

Because it looks to me like all you're doing is the same stuff you've been doing for the past few weeks.

1. bitching
2. whining
3. not listening

Now the first two are just annoying, and i laugh at them.
the third one i can't help you with. No one can force you to listen if you don't want to. So do us all a favor and either READ or stop bitching, because to keep posting a bitchfest without reading or trying to listen, you just make yourself look dumb.

This isn't to balance the shard for the new people, this is to balance the shard, PERIOD. This has nothing to do with old people vs new people. what it DOES have to do is that the shard economy is a joke right now, and the only way to put it in a somewhat balanced state is to either A. make all gold under 1 milliion worthless, i.e. that's the price for a loaf of bread, or B. delete all gold.

The second one is less retarded and makes more sense. For reasons why A. doesn't work, see germany post world war I.

As I said, unless you have not played for over 2.5 years, you have benefited from bug abouse, directly or indirectly. So no one here can say their gold is legitimate, because the economy is all interconnected. This has been stated aroudn 3 times, along with my earlier statement.

If you continue to just ignore what people say, you can just not post in topics. Because topics are about reading the previous post, thinking about it, and responding.

Not "see first post, lover about first post, continually lover about first post because it makes you less powerful and balance be damned".
And the only solution is to wipe everyone down to nothing? And yes i have been complaining for the past 2 weeks i tend to do that when some dickhead with a god complex wants to just wave his hand and erase 3 and a half years of my time. This is reminding me more and more of another shard where someone just did w/e the hell they wanted and didn't care what the players said about it. I can't remember the name of it tho it has been down for quite some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:18 pm 

Quote:

Things will be sorted, they will be fixed, it just takes a little bit of time like most good things.
I don't think EVERYTHING will get fixed (ie - we won't get gold back, houses are gone etc)

And I can see where some people are coming from
'this screws over the vets'

and no doubt it does.

But kudos to the staff for taking a punt on something!
But we had like 7 people online max before this patching stuff started up - and some drastic changes were needed to fix things (that bottle dupe crap seriously screwed the game, not just the economy - people stopped hunting, so PKs got bored etc etc!)

It's worth risking 7 players for the possibility of 77.
And who knows - maybe the 'long serving players' who've gone through all the rough stuff might get some reward down the track.

But I don't play for any hope of reward - just for the fun of it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I don't think EVERYTHING will get fixed (ie - we won't get gold back, houses are gone etc)
I don't understand why people don't listen. Houses aren't gone unless you have a hard time following 4 steps.

1) Pack house
2) Demolish house into a deed
3) Place the house again
4) Unpack your belongings.

Number of lost items = 0

If those 4 steps are the definitions of "houses are gone" I'm speechless.

Thanks for your cool head and understanding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:01 pm 

When are we suppose to do this? People are telling everyone not to do it till sunday, or monday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:11 pm 

Whew! Quite the read (of all the posts). Thus I will attempt to keep this short and sweet.

1) Thanks for the explanation and the pack option, Bob!
2) Just a thought but, maybe some of the more level headed players can suggest a step by step "guide" for demolishing/replacing ones house? I'm still nervous about stuff like our ATM chest, anvil, forge, etc.
3) To heck with it. I might just go for the house replace and let my good/bad experience help others/staff! :P In fact, I guess if I'm so worried about certain things I could just ask staff to help replace them since, to be honest, I'm a horrible liar. ;)
4) The gold wipe now totally makes sense to me. Yeah, times are tough but our combined experience should help everyone see it through. Help thine neighbor!
5) I apologize for being a "devils advocate" in other posts. I should have known better. I thought that by saying some things somewhat politely might have saved someone else from saying them, well, not so politely. However, I was wrong. Lesson learned.

In short, good luck to all, even those who might be leaving. Remember that our giant guild (Firestorm Gemini) of 2 players ( but several characters) at The Steel Fish large smithy east of Britain, will always try to help anyone in any way we possibly can. If we can't, we will at least have a bottle of ale ready for you.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have some housework to do. That and I have to find out what the going rate of stat fish and GM shadow sets are now. ;)

Rock on and keep on keepin'... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I don't understand why people don't listen. Houses aren't gone unless you have a hard time following 4 steps.
:oops: bad example with the houses - but hardly the point I was trying to make anyway :D

Following the tangent though - what's the command to unpack the house?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:36 am 

Quote:
Whew! Quite the read (of all the posts). Thus I will attempt to keep this short and sweet.

1) Thanks for the explanation and the pack option, Bob!
2) Just a thought but, maybe some of the more level headed players can suggest a step by step "guide" for demolishing/replacing ones house? I'm still nervous about stuff like our ATM chest, anvil, forge, etc.
3) To heck with it. I might just go for the house replace and let my good/bad experience help others/staff! :P In fact, I guess if I'm so worried about certain things I could just ask staff to help replace them since, to be honest, I'm a horrible liar. ;)
4) The gold wipe now totally makes sense to me. Yeah, times are tough but our combined experience should help everyone see it through. Help thine neighbor!
5) I apologize for being a "devils advocate" in other posts. I should have known better. I thought that by saying some things somewhat politely might have saved someone else from saying them, well, not so politely. However, I was wrong. Lesson learned.

In short, good luck to all, even those who might be leaving. Remember that our giant guild (Firestorm Gemini) of 2 players ( but several characters) at The Steel Fish large smithy east of Britain, will always try to help anyone in any way we possibly can. If we can't, we will at least have a bottle of ale ready for you.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have some housework to do. That and I have to find out what the going rate of stat fish and GM shadow sets are now. ;)

Rock on and keep on keepin'... 8)
i've already done the .packhouse and .unpack in the old house still, it kept everything the same and in the same spot, forge/anvil etc, i cant answer the ATM question cause i dont have one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Right now you can't demolish a house, nor can you place deeds so as a player I assume come "Sunday" there would be a detailed posting on how to do it when it becomes available.

Patience....seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:43 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
:oops: bad example with the houses - but hardly the point I was trying to make anyway :D

just my observation

but .unpack only works for house items, not the house, and i was messing around today and .unpack was changed to clicking fast 4 times on the present, but i'm sure that will change aswell..

minus the no gold thing, i'm loving it

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next