It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:21 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: Provocation
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:04 am 

Yes true and i no who your talking about hes a very good friend of mine and he is pissed out of his mind. So am i u should have least gave him a warning or little jail time.

Decimation[Dark Honor]
Shadow[GWAR]
Hemlock[Outkastz]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:26 am 

Your friend got off very light, and he should know that. If he's pissed now, just imagine how pissed he would be if it was another staff member who saw what I saw.

All he lost was his ill-gotten gold and a little pride. He could have (and SHOULD have) lost a hell of a lot more.

If you guys want to be upset, then so be it. It's your own fault, and he got less of a punishment then he deserved. Grow up and be thankful for what you still have rather then focusing on what you lost, because you didn't loose much at all.

If you want to discuss the matter further, please PM me or find me in game. If you feel that the punishment was not acceptable to the crime, I'd be more than happy to fix that for you and your friend.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:17 pm 
If a player uses a skill that is bugged and does not know that it is, he should get a warning. This skill should have been disabled right off the bat of you guys knowing it was bugged, why even make this post, take it to bob and tell him to disable it untill it is fixed, quit causing mother f****** problems when they are not needed. This is the type of shit that pisses players off to the limit to where they don't give a flying f*** anymore on what happens to them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:56 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Not to get into this argument at all but.. A Log of which Staff Get In the game and What They Do would be nice for the players to know.. A more streamlined event schedule, or any at all, would be cool.. If all it's gonna be is punishments and nothing else though.. I dunno if it's worth playing.

"This isn't a PvP shard" was what the staff said to me when I first joined Obs. and I personally never cared much about the pvp aspect, seems to create more grief than anything.. it's never not been buggy in 5 or 6 years now also..

I kindly asked staff in 2 PMs and also in a thread to help me with the snow bucket Christmas prize for which I purchased a home, but have gotten no response after several days..

Thass did say staff patch coming soon so.. though newb counsies can't do much for a long while and no one knows if they will be any better than some our worst current staff...

It's like a weird thing we got going on, players are scrutinized and ignored but if those same players become the staff they get immunity from scrutiny.. .

anyway ciao

Eshmaki

http://www.youtube.com/user/IloveJesusY ... ature=mhum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:30 pm 

Quote:
Any player, new or old, couild tell provocation working is a bug.

It allows you to kill with absolutely no threat to yourself, or evne work on your part.

Obvious bugs like this will never be warned about, and if anyone is caught abusing it they will be punished.

A simple way to tell if it's a bug, ask yourself if something is "too good to be true". If the answer is probably yes, then it is more than likely a bug and you should not do it. If you REALLY think it may not be abug, ask staff(preferably me in a pm), and they'll tell you straight up if it is. But don't assume something isn't a bug if it may be.

Also the musicianship skills are appropriately re-disabled until the bard patch comes in later this year (probably end of summer with the current timeline)

For other things, i am mildly unhappy that this happens on a weekend i was out of town, i am sorry about that, it is fixed now.
HOWEVER, i'm also mildly annoyed this wasn't caught in the past few months. I had a fix in place to prevent this when t4a started, but at some point it got rolled back. So players, staff, adn myself, we all need to try to be a tad more vigilant. Such obvious bugs should not exist. :)
Since I have played here it has been disabled i think, I never knew what it was to me it was just an annoying thing that you couldn't find ff for. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:28 pm 

i have been playing here for 4 yrs and still there is ALOT of skill that i neva try.

the point here is the WAY the post was maked, not nice.

i still feel that u ( staff ) treat in a not cool way some issues some times, not doing the right way. but hey im just a player here. but everytime i can i try to make this point.

like changing the way of how work some skills and not telling the players, well thats not nice or right dont u think.... yeha i got it, some players like to search and investigate , and most of them got banned or jailed or something ,cus eventually they found a bug,staff push ppl to found that kind of issues cus sometimes u dont post the changes u make , even the little ones r important dont u think?

trying to FIX ALL at the same time neva work, u need to go step by step, at first u try to fix all and screw more things lol.. like skills, like gains, like pvm ,like pvp, like a lot fo stuffs... LOL

sorry got my 5 min of winning

P.D. im still DUNNO HOW TO MAKE DAMN FISHING POLES... why i need ? CUS I WANNA MAKE SOME , and all the guys who say: i know how, i can... any of them EVA should make one in from of me, cus even them CANT DO IT. why ? dunno.....

5 cloths 1 log and a joining plane, thats what they told me i need.... but still u cant do it, well at least i cant... the old system was way to easy just need logs.... :P

Iori Yagami - The Old Fisher Of Obsidian
Yashiro - From Old School
Saga - Golden Wizard
Orochi - The Vamp Stoned
The Sorrow - In The Darkness were he belong
[ Merovingian's Dynasty ]

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!
Get your own at Flyffables!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:34 am 

I want to know how we were supposed to know the skill was bugged. Its been disabled aslong as i can remember.

I think a simple warning would be perfect, I meen the guys thinking about quiting because of this. And I dont even know who you are i guess your a old staff member that just came back?

Decimation[Dark Honor]
Shadow[GWAR]
Hemlock[Outkastz]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:39 am 

Many of the questions you guys are asking about provocation have been answered somewhere in this thread. If there are concerns that I can help you with that have not already been addressed, please send me a PM.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2