It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:41 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:06 pm 

hey there is something me n Palameta have been arguing about all night yesterday:

are energy vortex over powered underpowered or jsut right

i think the actual '' 1 energy vortex can kill a drake'' is kinda easy

plus the blade spirit.. they are summoned by mob like elemental in shame 1, but 1 blade spirit can take out 3-4 elemental by themself..

are the monster too weak?
are the summons too powerful?

lets ear what you guyz have to say, or not.. doesnt matter

peace

love u pala

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:36 pm 

I can't say i've really tried the vortex but I have found blade spirits to be hugely overpowered recently. You seem to have a much harder time putting them away then the monsters that spawn them.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
ill agree with the blade spirits being awefully strong.. but i dont think they are over powered since its... a bunch of blades spinning at high speeds in a circle... and i think EVs are just right since they used to be under powered as hell

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:20 am 

Hmm yeah I agree with Blob on the blade spirits. That's not because I enjoy completely owning the graveyard with them... really! HaHa! Vortex I haven't really tested yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:24 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
Vortexs are a bit overpowered, well comparitively to b4 , but they were underpowered before,
I think blade spirits should require a larger amount of mana to cast if there gonna be better then b4, I didnt test but thats what it sounds like, but now atleast this gives people the options of actually using different tactics and summons in battle, the price for the power is it might kill the mage, (cuz u cant cast with a BS on you) so summon at ur own risk type thing

monsters are about correct except for a few, but most are good,
and if we take logic into it, why is a goo goo so damn good? we should miss more and when hit it should die easy.... but w,e

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:26 pm 

Quote:
Hmm yeah I agree with Blob on the blade spirits. That's not because I enjoy completely owning the graveyard with them... really! HaHa! Vortex I haven't really tested yet.

The problem is that is exactly what will happen if they stay so strong.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:15 am 

You've said before though that mages are a bit underpowered these days, perhaps blade spirits could cost more mana as chips mentioned and have a slightly slower health regen rate.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:47 pm 

But the answer to an underpowered char is not to give it one overpowered spell, I tried an energy vortex at hythloth and all I had to do was summon one and let them go. I didn't even have to fight. Ask Echo he was there and i showed him.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:12 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
so true, but its not really over powered in PvP
in PvM you can knock out lower levels to dungeons with no thought just alot of EV casting, which shouldn't be, I didnt create my pvp mage to PvM anyway lol
but ya as i said b4 more mana, so you cant just go spaming but other areas of a mage should be a bit more workable

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:39 pm 

in my opinion i think Vortex is over powered Blade underpowered and elementals are just right there not ment to be uber :P

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:11 pm 

nnyeh i think its a good thing that they are as strong as they are... before i remember a warrior could melee most summons except for a daemon (and sometimes even they could get meleed) but maybe im the only one that thinks they are fine the way they are...

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:22 pm 

I've tested every single one and ill tell you that the monsters are weaker than before. The vortex are just right on how they should be. The blade spirits are a little overpowered but a small tweak and they will be just fine. What puts my water to a boil here about the situation is that we are flaming about something that has less importance of fixing then the real problems at hand. Like getting the server up to obsidian standards on how it use to be. Monsters is a fast quick fix. Get it done and fixed and the rest leave it alone. NO need to mess with it it just wont make sense too. THe faster the fix>> monsters>> the faster we can get the server up.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:25 am 

I understand what you are saying palmetta but just because we are talking about it diesn't necessarily mean we want it done right away. People are just voicing their opinions about all things on the shard and what we would eventually like to see when it is at 100%. But I do agree make it playable first then do the rest.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

these got nerfed a few patches ago back to around old levels. Everyone happy with them now?

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]