It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:27 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Automated Macro Check
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:09 am 
Site Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
As everyone knows the staff here at Obsidian are against unattended macroing. This is leaving your computer alone unattended while automatically working to gain skill.

We have been fairely lax on this rule until recently. As you have noticed for 6 hours on March 5th, Obsidian was peaked out at 100 players total online. While this was awesome it did make it very difficult for players to log in. The server upgrade will happen eventually happen to resolve this however in the meantime I have coded a quick fix.

In the past you only had a macroing check placed on you if a staff member caught you unattended and thought you were macroing. This check would give you 10 minutes to respond before being disconnected. The problem is when the server has 100 players online staff are way too busy answering pages and running events then to check for people breaking shard rules. This is where the automated check comes in.

Whenever the server reaches 75% capacity or higher the automated macroing check will be activated. What this will do is randomly drop a macroing stone near your character that you must double click on to prove your active. If you fail you will be disconnected.

We feel that if only players who are at their screens should be playing Obsidian and if your AFK for an extended period of time or macroing then someone more deserving should get that slot.

Hopefully this will alleviate some of the full server issues people were running into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:53 am 

Aww, does this mean I won't get to go around killing unattended macroers anymore? :P

I reckon this is a fair enough measure, just means I'll have to expand he capacity of my bladder a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:13 am 
Are you guys still using the auto-account deleter where an account is deleted if not used within 30 days?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:06 am 
dont think we ever used this hybrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:01 pm 
UP with mAcroing,

Down with macro stones,

Repeat after me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
We're going to soon. Inactive accounts make everything run slower. Usually we delete 90 day inactive accounts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:24 pm 
Hey, BB... just to say (I've said this in another thread)... I have donated $20 bucks. Keep up the good work. My email is [email protected] .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:23 am 
amen, especially with necromancy, I've noticed people macroing that afk which is just lame; anatomy/arms lore/evaluate intelligence is one thing because they don't do anything other than passive bonuses, but to macro a main skill while you're afk is just messed up for all the legit players out there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:36 am 
I hope an account that is not running for two days doesn't get deleted. Cus some days I am just too buisy with college to get online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:09 am 
2 days? no way crystal :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:55 am 
about how long ? like 6 months ? :pP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:19 pm 
BB said 90 days... that's 3 months of inactivity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:51 pm 
Blah I read that wrong I thought he said he deleated 90 accounts per day.... Problem when reading first thing in the morning....

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]