It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:55 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 6 of 6   [ 79 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:53 am 

Quote:
Leads to the conclusion that those runes are and aren't legal.

New obsidian logic. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:50 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Website: http://www.facebook.com/editbadge.php?bid=2100#/profile.php?id=515737718&ref=profile
I had a million runes given to me so it will have been one of them that io didnt even use!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:41 pm 
Game Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
I had a million runes given to me so it will have been one of them that io didnt even use!
Actually you were put into timeout not jail - and that was for owning a passage ticket from the tutorial. Be thankful you didn't get your house nuked for owning it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:28 pm 

I'm pretty sure that ANY location you cannot reach by 'normal' means is technically illegal.

Normal means are standard methods of land-based travel, runecodes, or items that allow teleportation which have been placed by a GM.

Anywhere that you can only reach via rune would therefore mean the rune was created illegally, as it would be through a bug, event, or GM assistance to reach that particular location.

Now, the single exceptions to this rule would be where a GM in times-gone-by has placed a fence or wall around a particular housing area so that a rune is required in/out. While we do not generally do this anymore, there are (I presume) still houses in existance from times when this was done, unless they've been purged? A similar situation would be 'islands' where players have had runes passed down from a long time ago. These houses were always permitted as the 'damage' has already been done, but again I'm not sure if shard policy has changed in any way.

If Bob/Echo can clarify for me if any of the above is incorrect, that would be great. But as far as I'm concerned, if it requires a bug or a rune to get there, you shouldn't be there, unless it is a designated housing area such as a guild town, and there would be extremely few exceptions to this.

If you're supposed to be in a particular area, then it would be accessible via normal, ingame means.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 6 of 6   [ 79 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6