It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:36 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 68 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Why no one play?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:16 pm 

Flaming BB isn't a good way to get your point across. I think, personally, that Bob has done very well considering the enormous workload he's taken upon himself to make this shard better (in some peoples' opinions). Thassius has been on, but given the low player count when he is on, it's rather pointless for him to hold events.
I agree that the shard isn't the same, even for the given time that I've been here, and it's been hard for older players to come on and play, and I hate it, but change isn't exactly good for people sometimes.
I also agree that camping noobs' doors to pk them when our player base is so small isn't exactly a bright idea.

Rob - GM bank sitter/self-preservationist[Restless]
Ichigo - GM miner/blacksmith/ider/philanthropist[StoneD]
Cedar - GM Lumberjack/Master Tailor/Master Carpenter [Crafters]:(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:06 am 
This game is dink now, I used to love playing this game would never leave it but now I cant stand going on its so boring. theres no players, the best part was PVP and now that all went tits up because u ahd about 20 people all pvping and about 20 crafting and the crafters did there own thign adn the pvpers had battles constantly and it was FUN now its dink
so yea ill log on like once every few weeks and see if things get better if not ill just log off

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:27 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
playerbase, playerbase, playerbase...that's all about!

Since I started playing back in 2003 obsidian was always in BETA (meaning that patches/fixes were still going on)....

I do not understand what is the damage of implementing the playerbase in this shard eventho we still are in beta...

I personally believe that more players will:
1. Obviously increment the playerbase with new players incoming and old players coming back.
2. Give different points of view and more investigations on BUGS/SUGGESTIONS.
3. Won't increase or will increase the bug abuse, but hey..bug abusers will always be there, new and old doesn't matter.
4. Give a chance to move the economy, implement fun, implement staff recruitment. implement almost everything.

About BB.

I can understand his disinteres other than having the server up.

What's the point of working hard if there are like 20 ppl who play this shard??

I also think that a larger playerbase could implement the effort that staff is giving into the game (eventho BOB is doing a GREAT job!)

I agree with previous posts about not playing because of the player base, but about skills and other things, I'm 100% fine with the changes.

I do not think that PATCHES are the actualy priority for the shard: account creationg system, top100's voting are, because if you are patching and fixing for no-one or just maybe 20 ppl that still are around, what's the point?

With Echo promoted to higher staff we now have 2 devs, and other lower staff personel (which maybe is probably even a higher number than the actual players playing).

Thing that maybe Bob did not understand is that we do not want him to work as hell 24/7 to be putting those patches out constantly, but simple getting into the shard new players to evolve the situation which is day by day degenerating.

I speak for myself obviously, but I hope that someone will agree with me (I think they will).

Not having new players will totally get the few left off the game, and having an empty shard patching daily is not really what people are looking for, rather than having a buggy shard in developlent (as it has always been) with many players on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:09 am 

I know there alot of things to change, and alot of things have changed, but MOST of the old players dont get on long enough to actually try them out to see if they like it or not. It has changed, and some for the worse. But most of you take the word of someone that posts over your expereince.

im soooooooo tired of ppl that read part of post, and dont read bobs reply, then post reply that bob already said an answer too.
like bane- on thread about silver serpents- it was said like 3 times at least throughout thread about how you CAN get the snakes other places besides donators. instead of reading and paying attn? he decided to bitch to high heaven about how unfair it was that silk cheated and hd donators and it was unfair. which also bob said he was working with bb on the donator thing. then he quits because he didnt want to read all of post OR he listened to someone else bitch and just joiined suit.

I think pvp is out of wack for almost only one reason...bears.
i made a tamer/mage and ill pvp ayone here and im not even gm yet. i can drop 10 grizzleys in like 3 secs. If you gt trapped in a wall with me...your done.
i think it needs to be different, like grizzs being worth 2 slots or something, not sure but something.

Anyway, some of you guys at least have to try things out before bitching too much.(older players)

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:01 am 

i agree on the bears thing.. actually pvp atm is only pets fights.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:49 pm 

Oh we have tried and tested a lot of the new features, and like azi said it mostly left us frustrated to the point where we logged off. And after a few attempts and really trying to give it a chance i have gotten frustrated to point now where i don't even bother to log in anymore. It is to the point now that i just have to accept that Bobsidian is what it is and will never be the same again. And i either have to play it how it is or move on. And that is exactly what i have done. I will continue to go on the forums and keep my account refreshed, and who's i might even come on an banksit sometime. But i honestly don't see myself playing ever again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:08 pm 

The best fun that we all had and enjoyed in t3a.. is PVP and Events..

i think i will make a new thread to post things that i personally think it should be changed in pvp, and so ppl also post their own opinions.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:39 am 
Quote:
The best fun that we all had and enjoyed in t3a.. is PVP and Events..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:56 pm 

I love what bob has done to the shard,and the pvp is fine get use to it, its just the playerbase

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:11 pm 

Belgarion's posts are accurate and I make his words mine. This isn't the shard I loved anymore.

'And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 pm 

You and belg are a bit harsh IMO, you can still play and get used to things like you always did, and also BOB has done great things to the shard so I like it more than t3a.

As I said in the past, as I said in this thread and as I will always say is that playerbase is the prob. If more ppl were on the game wud be more enjoyable!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:44 pm 

If what i said sounded harsh it was not intended that way at all it was simply an opinion. There are no doubt players who prefer the new obsidian to the old, and that is fine, but there are some of us who feel that this obsidian is NOT in any way close to the obsidian we have played and loved, and we do not like the new obsidian. It is not meant to be harsh or an attack on anything or anyone it is just simply our opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:08 am 

Quote:
If what i said sounded harsh it was not intended that way at all it was simply an opinion. There are no doubt players who prefer the new obsidian to the old, and that is fine, but there are some of us who feel that this obsidian is NOT in any way close to the obsidian we have played and loved, and we do not like the new obsidian. It is not meant to be harsh or an attack on anything or anyone it is just simply our opinion.
So what's the point in posting that u will never play again and stuff?

Also, I can understand that things have changed, but I feel more like that this shard is not near as it was because ppl who used to play it have left and there is no one to play with.

I don't know about you guys, but I had more fun having diff kind of relations with other players rather than looking at pvp/craft system at all.

But be real, old t3a before Bob was?

No balanced pvp (and you know that mages pwned warriors)
No crafting system at all (just spamm mining, spamm alchemy and stuff and dont have all the cool things we have now, plus we had 80% less stuff to do!)
NO RACES (that includes a lot of stuff)
No voting system
No account creation

and for all the reasons above, seriously, if Bob wasn't there and the shard had left like the few months before it would have changed to t4a, I do not think we were anywhere near as we are right now.

Obsidian has always changed, and always will time by time..we got used to it and we still have to get used.

At least now we have patches everyweek and someone working hard on it, eventho the playerbase sucks balls!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:57 am 
bullshit mages were not overpowered at all just people where to lazy to actully try and pvp with warriors.
I was one of the best mages at pvp and count croxton adn vlad who where good at warrior pvp almost beat me/beat me so thats bullshit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:25 am 

Quote:
bullshit mages were not overpowered at all just people where to lazy to actully try and pvp with warriors.
I was one of the best mages at pvp and count croxton adn vlad who where good at warrior pvp almost beat me/beat me so thats bullshit
true that. in the old system, most warriors didn't know how to duke it out right... I watched a few fights between a warrior and a mage where the warrior was actually duked out with good weps and stocked with pots and kicked ass.

the gains atm suck.... seriously someone go and try to gm poison. do it. count how many deadly p pots it takes to reach gm skill and think about all the resources it took to get that far. this shard is and has been cool as hell and i'm still here. I dont dig the idea of trying to make the game close to "real life" gaming is made to escape from real life. For a Uo shard... an online game that is barely hanging on with all the other top dogs... making it a chore to play is just a chore and chores suck. I hope that the scripters would stop throwing in random things and focus more on what the players are asking for. Mostly what everyone is asking for is what we had for years... too hard to get I guess.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 68 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next