It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 3:14 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 55 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:11 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
1) For one. AFK MACROING. Allowed. Why not let players use they're hard earned resources to macro while they work, stdy, or even watch tv? Ther eis no negative impact on the server allowing players to macro afk. AFK macroing should be allowed as long as it is NOT used to gather resources (Fishing, Mining, Lumberjacking, ETC)

This will support the 15 year old gamers who leave their computer on all day with a macro program running because mum and dad foot the internet/power bill for them. It's a rule that was put in place so people are playing the game - not simply 'buying' their way up, because that's effectively what they're doing. We're not going to change the rule.
But things like Eval int..Why sit there in front of the Pc when your essentially doing nothing?
There should be some skills that can actively be AFK macroed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:21 pm 

there is only a few skills that are hard to train everyone else is just whining

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:36 pm 
Game Admin

Let's say for a moment that this is facebook.
Quote:
But things like Eval int..Why sit there in front of the Pc when your essentially doing nothing?
Dislike.
Quote:
Like.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:37 pm 

Quote:
Let's say for a moment that this is facebook.
Quote:
Dislike.
Quote:
Like.
lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:30 am 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
just for an idea while training skills that take little interaction set up uoloop and run around the world exploring ya never know what you might find.

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:32 am 

I agree with Nemo and mumu. Ive been playing this shard for along time now, atleast 4-5 years now, but I sincerely get angry when some players tell us to stop whining. 1 Day is too much, ok 1 day might be and it might not. 1 day=24 hours. 24 hours of gameplay is alot and Im pretty sure that most players have other things to do then to spend 24 hours on training within a week, even a month. I know i use to play maybe 2-3 hours a week. Everytime I look at server status its always the same players who are online, and they are the ones who think its fine. Obviously, you guys are always playing, no offense, not trying to be a jerk, but for people who have other things to do like work part-time, full time college student and balance a social life, this game is too hard.

BUT, when I first started it was hard and FUN, but only because there was a lot of noobs who were as nooby as you were. So you and your noob friends could hunt covetous level 1 and stuff and have a blast, but with a low player base, you end up alone in cove, with no new players and the only way to have fun is if your as good as all the other players who tend to be veterans and have played for years. So players get discouraged because the only other players are people who have played for years and unlike them they do not have other characters to give them resources to build a gm character as fast as some vets claim they can do it.

YES it is possible to gm a character within a few weeks, If you play an insane amount of hours, but no one wants it to be standing in cove gy hitting skeletons alone, so you end setting up a macro and just wachting your screen. For those who have the patience I congratulate you.

Basically to resume, either recruit a bunch of players, so being a noob doesnt make you the odd man out, and that you and your friends have peers at the same level, or Make skills easier so the few players who join the shard arent discourage because most players who play already know everything and have a few gm characters.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:15 am 

When I made my 2nd warrior Hemlock I did nonstop training in Cove Gv for like a week. Gmed 5 of my skills by doing that

I do agree about the afk macro. I think staff should still Dc when they see people afk but thats it, there should be no skill lose for afking or jailtime.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:16 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
seeing that server bandwidth doesnt happen to be the issue here, id agree with nemo.... what are you doing besides sitting there for skills like anatomy?

other skills like magery, necromanacy and the melee skills i understand completely, but when theres NOTHING else to a skill besides press macro button, click character, wait, repeat... and the real gain from the skill is passive and not active, why make them hard.... there are games that make you work for your gains,, and thats fine!, but i cant pull any game off the top of my head that makes you sit there and press 2 buttons for HOURS for a passive skill... (besides obsi of course),, id say make anat and eval int easier, or allow them to be afk macro'd

unless someone can explain how those skills can be REMOTELY fun...

oh wait never mind... we can explore for hours! while your skill goes slowly up for hours and hours :roll:

edit- i made it seem it was HARD to gain anat and eval int.... it isn't by any means, just a waist of hours that could be committed to something more fun and worth while.. to me, it just promotes bank sitting for that breif amount of time it takes to train,, which is stupid... but thats just imo.. it wont change anything.. so dunno why im typing this :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:23 pm 

Quote:

BUT, when I first started it was hard and FUN, but only because there was a lot of noobs who were as nooby as you were. So you and your noob friends could hunt covetous level 1 and stuff and have a blast, but with a low player base, you end up alone in cove, with no new players and the only way to have fun is if your as good as all the other players who tend to be veterans and have played for years. So players get discouraged because the only other players are people who have played for years and unlike them they do not have other characters to give them resources to build a gm character as fast as some vets claim they can do it
EXACTLY
When i started there was 40+ ppl in cove, people fighting for ore in the cove mining location, ppl fighting to kill and loot skeletons at the gy ppl in every dungeon and pvp spot. Pks would rune in and kill your ass and it was fun. Now as he said, being a noob you are the odd man out and it is NO fun what so ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:34 pm 

id rather be able to train in peace than have to fight with other players for shit thats just me but agian i say its not hard to gain skills if you think it is your a whiny fuking bitch who should just not play this game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:45 pm 

Quote:
id rather be able to train in peace than have to fight with other players for shit thats just me but agian i say its not hard to gain skills if you think it is your a whiny fuking bitch who should just not play this game.
And I think your an idiot who cant come up with anything constructive to say.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:13 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

dont u still have your guy nemo why do you giv a shit about gains hes already good rofl. besides you were a good fight even when u was a noob at 70 str. or maybe u got new accnt that would make sense you want faster gains :P.

but yeah gains are shitty slow, some like it, some dont, i could care less either way since its fair for everyone. but most all gains are slow and shitty, saying otherwise is just silly.

anyways back to you and impe arguing, is epic stuff.

and echo srsly wtf facebook u and drakarr r such noobs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:25 pm 

ill deff be out fighting very soon even with low amgery and stats
but Im makign a ewn char

but regardless if i get my old acct back, skills should be easier (then when i played) macroing eval int right now and tis actually rly fast..
But anyways when new ppl join they will deff hate how slow gains are. just saying.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:21 pm 

I agree with nemo and chips, i think afk macroing should be aloud if your just gaining mindless skills like animal lore, anatomy, eval int. Skills like magery and melee skills shouldnt be allowed to afk macro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:10 pm 

nemo i do have constructive things to say like "hey, nemo stfu this topic has been discussed before. you are whining and bitching over things that are stupid. gains are quick very few skills are super slow, and the ones that are have good reason to be slow. in short nemo you are a tool, tools are used, therefore you are a used tool."

the fact remains at this point in time i dont think gains have ever been faster on obsid. when i started back in 2000 it took me 3 months to go from 30 fencing to 70. i played just about every day that summer healing took me until december to get from i think vamps started with 30 then to reach 60. this topic should just be locked because you have brought up something thats been talked about before. honestly set gain rates to what they were in 2000 so that way everyone here will be on even footing since i feel like ive been given the rawest deal possible. since when i started noobs had no safe place to train, we werent babied in cove for a month, there was no poofing, and buying things was hard as f*** since pks dry looted noobs on a hourly basis.

basically anyone who isnt active (drizzt, belg, and a few others) really don't know how easy things are. there is a few skills i wont try to train because they are boring like fishing and taming. otherwise ive tried them all and i think gains now are tons easier than they were in the past. so people need to quit bitching and no afk macroing shouldnt be allowed and if you do it and your caught jail time/skill loss is perfectly fine by me.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 55 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next