It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:33 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:36 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Noticed that "luck" was introduced. I like the idea of it affecting the chance of next special weapon drop. I don't like the idea of it affecting the content of chests. Chests should randomly spawn the same "strength" of things all the time and the contents should not change once a player opens a chest with bad luck.

Unsure of how I feel about it being involved in actions, IE... I still FAIL healing WAAAYYY to much for having the anatomy knowledge of Da Vinchi! I don't care if my healing is in the 60s, that's just always annoyed me. Maybe make it so people with high luck get more successful heals.

Also, please nothing silly like wearing gold armor gives you more luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:12 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Luck was something introduced into Ultima Online long after T2A, and as such I question the logic behind enabling it on a T2A shard. However, if it had to be implemented, I like the way it's done...As a passive ability in the background that works the same for everyone. The idea of luck being manipulated through items or clothing is an idea that I hope no one seriously mentions.

I hope that luck is something that is applied to everyone equally. If someone opens 4 chests and all they got was crap, I'd like to see some luck go their way. It should not matter who the person is, or be influenced by anything other then their previous attempts....IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:49 pm 

Quote:
I hope that luck is something that is applied to everyone equally. If someone opens 4 chests and all they got was crap, I'd like to see some luck go their way. It should not matter who the person is, or be influenced by anything other then their previous attempts....IMO.

If you are refering to lockpicking, i would say that the only thing that dictates what type of goodies is in the chests is the skill required to open them. Luck should have nothing to do with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:15 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

If you are refering to lockpicking, i would say that the only thing that dictates what type of goodies is in the chests is the skill required to open them. Luck should have nothing to do with it.

But the skill lockpicking dictates opening harder chests, not putting better loot inside, obviously harder chests will have better items.. IMO i think luck should be little baclets, and earings, like a four leaf clover, or a rabbits food, so on and so forth, and the items increase your chance of getting i magic item.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But the skill lockpicking dictates opening harder chests, not putting better loot inside, obviously harder chests will have better items.. IMO i think luck should be little baclets, and earings, like a four leaf clover, or a rabbits food, so on and so forth, and the items increase your chance of getting i magic item.
I disagree totally i think that the lucky charms thing on other shards is just gay.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:15 pm 

Quote:
The idea of luck being manipulated through items or clothing is an idea that I hope no one seriously mentions.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:42 pm 

What I understood the change to be is that if you don't get an item drop on a monster that should drop one...you get better hit rates etc vs the next one.

I dunno....clarification would be good as to what exactly luck does. Adding Luck does sound interesting though and I look forward to testing it out....if my computer co-operates that is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

All luck does is this:
If you kill 1 monster, get no drop, your luck goes up.
the chance for a drop on yoru next monster is a little higher based on your luck.
whenever you get a magic drop, your luck goes to 0.

If i implement luck on anything else, it will NOT STACK, and will RESET TO 0 when changing activities.
For example, say i put it in on crafting gm items.
whenever you don't get a gm quality item, your luck goes up, when you do it goes to 0.
however if you kill monsters, get luck to 50, then go to craft an item, the luck will instantly reset to 0.
That way luck gained one way won't affect other things, so people can't "stockpile" luck on easy killings or processing resources then use it on expensive items or boss monsters.

Basically all i added it in for was luck was already in as a stat people could view, and this way they could "See" their chance to get loot rising the more "unlucky" they were without getting drops. It is not intended to reflect "OSI" luck at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:05 pm 

I like the way it's implemented. If possible, could we have more then 1 type of luck? so that when we change activities we don't loose the luck we gained? Due to my crappy connection, I have a hard time staying online for more then an hour or at a time. When I log off, am I going to loose that luck? Or when I ID a magic wep, or use animal taming?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:42 am 

Ah, cool Bob.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:06 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
so,,, if i get bob correctly...

u cant go out and kill rat men or w,e there called and wait till you get a "unlucky" streak, then go to a dragon and use the luck you earned on them? i would hope not..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:09 pm 

im guessing that would be the case but im ok with it since you never know when your drop will come....someone at bank said they had 69 luck and no drop yet, when i had 28 and i got one. i think its still pretty random.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]