It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 80 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Vampires
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

Vampires are a unique race, in that they are not as uniform as the rest, although there are a few traits all vampires share.
The most important aspect to the vampire race is their cover of darkness, and it is important to note that the night is the period between 7pm and 7 am.
The second most important aspect to the vampire race is that unlike most races, which grow more powerful with age, vampires also gain power from their kiss. So a young vampire who has sired may eventually be comparable to one who is older but has never sired another.

All vampires, reguardless of bloodline, have the following:

Passive:

Creature of the Night -- All vampires are creatures of the night, and gain power during the night and lack it during the day. This affects both physical aspects and their abilities (some may not be usable during the daylight hours)

Unlife -- Vampires are undead creatures, and as such rarely really die, however reviving from such a state takes a lot of energy
-- -- Vampires who die have a time they must remain dead to regather their energy.
-- -- -- The more powerful the vampire, the longer it stays dead
-- -- -- Older vampires do not stay dead as long as younger vampires of the same level of power
-- -- -- However once this period expires the vampire will again stand up and seek to wreak havoc upon the world.
-- -- -- A Stake can be put through the heart of a "dead" vampire to make it harder for it to revive.
-- -- -- Suceptible to necromancy

Active:

Chant of Blood - Talks to every online vampire of your bloodline. Use via .blood <msg>
Drink Blood - Consumes a bottle of blood to restore a little health/stamina/mana, this is also the only food a vampire can gain sustenance from.(limit 5 at any one time)

The scribes have noted the following abilities in some vampires, but please note this is by no means an exhaustive list, and it is believed that the most powerful abilities are kept secret.

Main Bloodline
---------------------------------------
None

Ancients Bloodline
---------------------------------------
Unknown
Infrared - Gives nightsight
Invisibility - Turns invisible
Create Sanctuary - Marks a sanctuary
Visit Sanctuary - Visits sanctuary

Hunter Bloodline
--------------------------------------
Hunter's Sight - Reveals any invisible creatures within 2 steps (magic or normal).
Scent of Power - Gives information on the state of the region, in terms of living/dead.
Unknown
Unknown

Blood Magi Bloodline
-------------------------------------
Photokinesis - Takes 1/3 max hp of caster, purges magic from everyone nearby except himself, 15 minute cooldown.
Runic Blood - Takes 1/4th max hp, 5 second immunity to magic damage, 10 minute cooldown.
Unknown
Unknown

Coureur Bloodline
Unknown
Unknown
Relentless Stamina -- Never overloaded
Garlic Allergy -- Cannot cross tiles containing garlic

Lunars
Unkown
Stand and take it - Absorbs the next 4 seconds of damage, and can't move for the entire time plus some time after
Moonlight Shadow - Every evening the magical aether protects from a different casting

To kill a vampire:

It is possible to permanently kill a vampire, but only those that are not animated by an outside force, as such any vampire under the protection of a stronger vampiric master will be impossible to kill permanently as their animation is done through the power of their master.

Therefore, one must go after the master vampire. However how to go about this is a method of much debate, and as such is still unclear, although further study is being done. All that is certain is that if the master vampire is killed, and no suitable vampire of power survives to take control of the bloodline, it will indeed perish. It then assumed the surviving vampires will quickly be absorbed by the main bloodline or risk death themselves.

Post subject: Re: Vampires
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:22 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Oh my god bob... this is so epic....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:55 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

OK, I'm impressed....really impressed

there are 5 bloodlines....as such there are 5 master vampires (I assume).

will those master vamps be players or NPCs?

and....did I hear you right? permanently kill......like...we loose our character?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:18 pm 

[quote="Azimuth"]OK, I'm impressed....really impressed

there are 5 bloodlines....as such there are 5 master vampires (I assume).

will those master vamps be players or NPCs?

and....did I hear you right? permanently kill......like...we loose our character?[/quote]

I THINK what he means by peranently kill, is remove them from being a vamprite, and then youd probally have to do a quest to be one again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

nope... permanent is permanent.
It's dangerous stuff. :)

It has to do with the fact that vampires are such a powerful race, and that master vampires are the most powerful amongst them being as they will have the most vampires under them. It is entirely possible that if another vampire gains sufficient power under themselves they might be able to even split and form a new bloodline from an existing one. Course it's also likely everyone gets annoyed enough at a vamp or few and hunts their bloodline to death, or even all the vampires. There is danger with being so powerful you are nigh unkillable, and that danger is when you are killed... you will stay dead.

Trust me that both goals will be very very complex to attain, and that it would take a very conceited effort on the part of quite a few people, or a very innate disregard for personal safety on the part of the vampire himself, for one to be properly killed. Please note that this is not merely hp = 0 but a very complex and time consuming process, since hp = 0 will only render a vampire temporarily unalive, not dead. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:46 pm 

that...is...so...awesome...
When are we able to go to the stone and change?!
If at all...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:16 am 

so....if someone makes a guild with 3 or 4 other good players, and decides to play "buffy the vampire slayer", they they could (in theory) rid the world of vampires and delete a lot of other peoples characters?

I like the idea, but I think I'll hold off on going full out vamp until I see it in action....I've had my main for too many years to risk him being permanently deleted. Maybe I'll make a newbie first to test the waters.

I'm looking forward to trying the other side of things.....too see how hard it will be to kill off a bloodline. I can just imagine how pissed someone will be to loose a 75 or 80 year old character that they spent years making....I'd rather be on the giving end of that then the receiving end.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:48 am 

so we get to choose bloodlines or??? We have to do the quests?...Sounds like cool stuff though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:20 am 

If there is a way to lose your character forever, I think it is a bad idea.

As well. Overall, there is not enough info given to make an educated decision to take this race.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:52 am 

Also, how and where do people interested change to vampire?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:20 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
im pretty sure if you get to delete someones character,, it will be HARD

H_A_R_D HAARRRD so i think this will be a RAARE occassion....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:26 am 

i think if to perm delete a char it will have to be roleplayed more than anything think about it killing the master of the bloodline etc this is mostly roleplay..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:03 am 

I think gone is gone...not roleplay gone, but gone gone.

The first time someone looses a character for good all hell is gonna to break loose....rare or not, it WILL happen, eventually someone will suffer an ultimate death.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:07 am 

For many people losing a character, means quitting a game completely.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i think a quest should be implemented to go to the depths of hell to retrieve your other characters or something

or a quest out of hell... either way lol

through a portal that opens up 1 time a month or something out of hell hhaha

but being leader of a vamp blood line im guessing would make that character OWN f***** ASS...
but if you dont want your character to suffer the ultimate death ( i wouldnt) just pick the main blood line.. there kinda like old vampires but without bezerk...

ps. about bezerk.. which blood line has it? i know its back... thats been relased already... just who has it?

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 80 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next