It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:03 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Poisoning
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:55 pm 

Bobs initial reasoning for changing poison pots was because he didnt want poisoning to be the center of pvp.

This is just rediculas, I think pvp is more reliant on poisoning now than it ever was. With the system in place, you need to have your enemy poisoned at all times or else they will get a big heal due to gm anatomy (which everyone has). This results in spamming of p pots as players move and dodge them. This sytem requires WAY less skill and makes the poisoning a matter of material which shouldnt be the case in good pvp. The main flaw with this system is a warriors ability to disarm their main wep (-2 secs of heal delay) and run in a circle avoiding poison and heal full.

I propose we put the old system back in place. It is much more balanced, enjoyed and skill dependent. This would definately require some adjustments but would better the shard.

I understand you would like to have pvp not be reliant on poison but the current system caused the exact opposite. Poisoning is a good addition to pvp and its use is enevitable for a good pvp system as it adds more depth.

Post subject: Re: Poisoning
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:13 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i can agree with this!...

buuut as bob said b4.. you cant just say 'put it bak to how it was b4' you have to list the changes.....

ummm to change it backkkk i would sayyy these things would have to be done...

*poison pots fizzle not reliant on tick, what so ever.. only fizzle happens on point of impact of poison pot*
*poison ticks act as if a light / medium wep were to hit you fizzle wise NOOT damage wise, sooo u have a SMALL chance to fizzle on each tick.. *
*unequiping a wep shouldn't effect a healing timer until the next cycle. EG. unequip with 4 secs left to heal, and now you have 2 secs left*
*equiping should effect your current healing cycle. you have 5 secs left to heal, you equip wep, you should now have 7 secs to heal*
*poison clouds shouldn't be the main way people are poisoned. it should be if you target them and hit the target, there poisoned, period, there should be a chance to miss. eg. you throw it at 1 tile, but it hits anther tile... it shouldnt save ur pot when u miss a target, you still through the pot. when you stumble and drop a pot it should drop on the square your on. and even gms should drop pots sometimes, jus rarely*

dunno if this is implemented now but-
*above 60 anatomy should give you the option to cure poison, or just heal through it.*

thats all i can think of off the top of my head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:59 pm 

I agree with most of this, except for the curing part. I think you should always ONLY heal through poison, curing poison are what cure pots and cure spells are for.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:18 pm 

yeah, I think anatomy above 60 should be forced to cure poison, its a draw back to the +4 damage and ability to res.

I would like to see poison clouds can be quite tactical so id like to see them still in play but only if you target a tile with the pot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:08 pm 

its dumb you think poison is over used now? i remember the few warriors that had poison above 60 would just keep getting poisoned. till they died. it works fine as it is. although disarming should reset the timer to what it was when you had the weapon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:34 pm 

I never said it was over used, just the way it is used is stupid. You spam and hope they arent moving when/if it lands

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:02 pm 

I personally like it better now then before, Im not saying it is perfect but maybe somewhere in between. Before was silly, because gm anat was useless unless u put the timer for p pots much higher, givign the chance for gm anat to actually work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:13 pm 

I see your point, Thats when juggling your pot timers comes to play. Use your cure pot before heal or use your heal pot to compensate for curing the poison.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:54 pm 

I like how the current poison pot system is, where you can dodge the p pots. That makes the game a little more fun during pvp.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:57 pm 

I disagree. I think it makes it flawed, luck dependent and a matter of having enough p pots to spam.

By flawed i mean the classic 5 min chase near death trying to get the disarmed warrior poisoned.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:26 pm 

If u use the spell then they have no chance of dodging. only resisting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:34 pm 

and warriors are just f*****? Thats not balanced

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:49 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
edit note weapons and stuff were rebalanced yaaaaaaaay sooo all in this post (all imo) might be irrelevant now
juuus so you know, u cant dodge the poison spell now, he is just saying how it is,
and warriors are far from 'f*****' lolz

buut poison pots have ups for mages because u can cast right after instantly throwing one
instead of casting after waiting for the poison spell to cast and hit,
which can make a difference when the warriors -2 second healing delay is causing such a big problem.

what it tells me healing is over powered, not by alot but it needs to heal less / have more fails... specially with warriors average DPS being usually so much higher then a mages with no cost doing the damage (no stamina aka infinite swings) and auto swing...

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]