It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3
 Post subject: Re: Use of Animals
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:56 pm 

Quote:
We are not in beta. We have been out of beta for quite some time...

Also you say Poison is a big part of the PvP system. That is the thing.

Bob doesnt want Poisoning to be a major part of pvp system, he wants people to be able to fight without having to have poisoning thats why the poison system has been set to how it is now.
I know his goal. But that is the very problem. Have you ever seen two people fight in this shard without poison? f*** no. Its hard enough killing someone with poison. With the changes to anatomy, this system is more reliant on poisoning then ever.

He tried to make system that didnt rely on poisoning but that is simply unrealistic. There are few factors to pvp in uo, We cant be leaving the main one up to chance. Now we have a system that is flawed, skill less and less enjoyable than then the old one, as seen by player base. I see no reason to keep this change as it has no benefit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:32 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Player base isnt low because of pvp... It is low because of Ultima Online becoming old and newer games with alot more people are out there. The Gold wipe didnt help either.

some players left because of pvp but most left for other reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:55 pm 

No, i hear players all the time saying they would play if there was someone to fight. This goes for me aswell. Id play but there is no one to fight and its due to this system. But what you said has an impact aswell.

Do you not see how flawed this system is?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:01 pm 

I know it has some flaws but the changes your asking for wouldent make it any better. Your trying to make it so warriors stand no chance against mages and their pets.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm 

Quote:
I know it has some flaws but the changes your asking for wouldent make it any better. Your trying to make it so warriors stand no chance against mages and their pets.
Not at all.

If poison pots land at all times how wouldnt it be less flawed?

No longer would we have our main pvp factor reliant on luck
Mages wouldnt be able to run in circles casting w.e they want
players wont be able to live simply by running in a circle avoiding poison.
Our best pvpers would be those with skill, not those with the most money.

Pvp is more dependent on poison than it was before. With anatomy as is, you simply cant do enough dmg to kill anyone without poison.

Im not at all trying to make it so warriors cant stand vs mages and pets. Quite the opposite. Warriors would have to time when they use their p pots and land it on bear summon. Apposed to throw as many p pots as possible and hope they hit.

"Your trying to make it so warriors stand no chance against mages and their pets"

Mages would no longer be able to use shrunk pet, Players who want a warrior with pet can be wood elf which would actual use of this race.

How at all would this cause that?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:45 pm 

Your last post is all about poisoning this thread is about pets. Even if poison hit every time, how would that have anything to do with me not being able to unshrink pets. Mages have ability to hit every time with poison warriors currently dont. Your trying to give warriors ability to hit everytime like mages do, but at the extent of us loosing one of our major weapons. But having mages still be able to use em?

Im saying i like it how it is now. I dont care for poisoning much. All the pvp battles ive fought in, in duel arena during pvp pyramid i didnt use 1 single poison pot. and Im 5 - 0? Poisoning isnt a neccesity for me, i think the current poisoning system bob made, pretty much hit the bullseye for his goal of making poisoning not needed. Warriors without it stand a chance. Sweet used over 150 deadly poison pots on me and i outlasted him and eventually killed him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:27 pm 

Im pushing these changes to be done with each other, without it, there wouldnt be a balance

Apparently telling you 3 f****** times isnt enough to get it through ur head so ill make a combinational thread like bob asked us not to.

Continuation of this thread is here - http://www.dxgaming.com/forums/viewtopi ... 69&t=22602

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:19 pm 

I agree with you deathwish but i also think you are wasting you're breath. The people who actively play and "test" pvp here don't want a balanced system they want to be able to effortlessly win any battle, it is the way it has always been since t3a. They had to be good on a warrior to beat a mage, provided the mage was any good, and they said mages are too overpowered. Now that they can just stand there and hack and use turkeys and snakes and walls and not have to do anything they don't want anything changed. And now the comment will be belg you don't play so you shouldn't be saying anything. Well let me just say that i don't have to play to know what is going on here, and I am not the only one who doesn't play. There are lots of people who tried to come back and when they tried to make suggestions they were told you don't know what you are talking about and it is balanced and blah blah. Well after recruiting has started we will see just how great and balanced it is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:56 pm 

Quote:
belg you don't play so you shouldn't be saying anything.
+1

P.S. DW i was just stating my opinion your goal is not to change my mind, i am to stobborn you cannot. Your goal is to change Bobs mind.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:14 pm 

I like the current poison system, but i suggest taking out the resist factor, keep in the dodge.
Animals are fine.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3