It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:01 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:05 pm 

I know you asked us not to bob but im making a combo thread because some people cant grasp corresponding threads.

Please read these before this
http://www.dxgaming.com/forums/viewtopi ... 69&t=22581
http://www.dxgaming.com/forums/viewtopi ... 69&t=22569
Quote:
Your last post is all about poisoning this thread is about pets. Even if poison hit every time, how would that have anything to do with me not being able to unshrink pets. Mages have ability to hit every time with poison warriors currently dont. Your trying to give warriors ability to hit everytime like mages do, but at the extent of us loosing one of our major weapons. But having mages still be able to use em?

Im saying i like it how it is now. I dont care for poisoning much. All the pvp battles ive fought in, in duel arena during pvp pyramid i didnt use 1 single poison pot. and Im 5 - 0? Poisoning isnt a neccesity for me, i think the current poisoning system bob made, pretty much hit the bullseye for his goal of making poisoning not needed. Warriors without it stand a chance. Sweet used over 150 deadly poison pots on me and i outlasted him and eventually killed him.
The reason shrunk animals should be taken from players is because having p pots land everytime is much more of a disadvantage to mages than warriors (thought was obvious)

Yes mages can use poison spell which can't be dodged but it takes a lot of casting time and recourses to use so mages use p pots which are much more effective.

As for taking away one of your major weapons. Animals shouldnt be taken from warriors entirely, it should be dependent on whether or not you have animals (ice elf or wood elf).This way wouldnt have the same ice elf warrior build accross the board, difference in players will be more fun.

As for it being one of your main weapons, thats the problem. Main weapons shouldnt be bought then deployed without any skill. This goes for p pots aswell.

You beat sweet without any p pots? Shit. I like to see someone who isnt the richest player in the game with the most powerful race (which again, requires materials) do the same. Grats, at this point, warrior vs warrior is a battle of materials, not too suprised you won it.

There are few things that differ this game from runescape. Spell depth and poisoning are for the most part those things as they (should) require skill. Poisoning doesnt have the impact that at it should, pvp is dull and dependent on luck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:04 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Battle Vs sweet. I had +1 Weps, Val Armor. Sweet had Blackrock, Vanq Magic weps.

So what if im richest doesnt mean i will spend my money to win at pyramid.
By the way im no where close to being richest.

Also there are alot of other warriors besides Ice Elf. There are many Vampires, and Human Warriors. As for Material Wise... Poison pots also take materials.
Your comment about main weapons taking no skill. That is also wrong. It forces us to have 20 animal lore if we want to use 1 pet. 40 if we want to use 2 pets..
Mages get auto slot. Warriors dont, we have to train a skill to get it.
As for me being most powerful race? My race only effects Mages sweet is a warrior if you didnt know.
All battles are about Materials. I understand your trying to change it all to skill because you dont have time to play and gather materials. But for those of us who do spend time gathering stuff, we should be able to use it to our advantage.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:04 pm 

You say the system is fine as it is than i guess we have different hopes for this shard. The pvp on our pvp shard is clearly flawed. The pvp of this game is now more dependent on materials than a persons skill, Aswell as the flaw of being able to dodge all poison pots in a system that is now more reliant on poisoning than before.

I guess the fact that there is only ever 4 players on and no pvp on this pvp oriented shard or that everyone that comes, leaves (new or old) doesnt make it clear that this system isnt good.

Ive made my points and am tired of argueing with the same and only person. Of course you like this shard silk, you have everything to benefit from it.

I hope you look into my ideas bob when doing pvp patch because im sure it will fix our problem. If not, PVMers, enjoy your shard.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:54 pm 

this isnt a solely a pvp server if it was we would have everything gmed to begin with. animals are dumb personally id like to see a limit of 5 of them out at any given time since having 20 bears or around there unbalances everything... fact of the matter is what your saying is making poison stupid having it being able to be dodged is pretty nice it sure beats getting poisoned automatically and then having anat only cure poison and then getting re-poisoned and getting killed that way. pvp isnt that unbalanced a few things need to be tweaked and then itll be good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:56 pm 

Quote:
this isnt a solely a pvp server if it was we would have everything gmed to begin with. animals are dumb personally id like to see a limit of 5 of them out at any given time since having 20 bears or around there unbalances everything... fact of the matter is what your saying is making poison stupid having it being able to be dodged is pretty nice it sure beats getting poisoned automatically and then having anat only cure poison and then getting re-poisoned and getting killed that way. pvp isnt that unbalanced a few things need to be tweaked and then itll be good.
Ever googled obsidian shard? Sais were focused on pvp combat in our description. As long as thats our advertisement that should be our goal.

for 7 or 8 years we had that poisoning system. At that time we had more than 4 players and they were pvping. It wasnt a stupid system. You dont want your heal to cure poison? drop anatomy below 60. Otherwise keep the extra dmg, healing, ability to res and become skilled at timing cure pots, disarming weps at times to heal or use ice wall to break LOS.

This system is flawed as shit. Disarm your weapon and run in a circle. You wont die. The motive behind the current system was to make pvp unreliant on poiosoning. Ive yet to see anyone win a fight without poisoning in this system, you couldnt.

Poisoning needs to be recognized as a main factor and optimized. Shouldnt be that you need 50 p pots to go into a fight so that you have enough to spam. This should be dependent on skill, not luck, it would add depth to pvp. Manipulation of p pots was a large part of pvp in T3A and it was great.

PVP in runescape consists of who has the money. Those with money can afford to risk better gear in pvp. Once fighting, its all up to your gear. Obsidians pvp is becoming exactly this. I agree materials should be a factor of pvp but to an extent.

Can you afford to bring 50 deadly p pots, a silver snake or two, lightning wep thats blessed and the ingots needed to become an overpowered vamp master? As long as your moving while you fight, you've won.

Reason we went to this system was to avoid poison dependency. Why do we still have the system? its flawed, clearly less enjoyable to majority and replaces skill dependency with item dependency.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:25 am 

Is it me or is he the only one bitching about this...?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 am 

Quote:
Is it me or is he the only one bitching about this...?
This

and if you rely on poisoning to win a fight, you suck.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:19 am 

dw your a poop head. it may have pvp but it is not a pvp server. even if it says it its not a pvp server. if it were like i previously stated wed all have every skill gmed getting weapon drops wouldnt be pulling teeth and another thing it wouldnt have taken so long in the past grinding skills out to gm them currently skills gain faster which i like in the past they took along time.

so tell me where is the skill in fighting a warrior with gm anat if all you have to do is cast poison to kill them? current healing system is fine and i believe a staff member stated that before it was broken and now it is fixed.

all im going to say is that you want a system that makes a few char builds super strong again for your own lack of skill at pvp. which is fine but just admit it instead of saying everyone else sucks for saying it isnt that unbalanced.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:54 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
actuallly i think for a good pvp server you would need to make the skills hardd to gain,
cuz it gets boring and everyoen would find the best build very quickly, and g et boored very quickly. but higher traffic in players on the other hand.. yet no long term players

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:39 pm 

I love how you compare The low amount of players due to the pvp system. But Pvp system = same as runescapes.

Yet runescape has millions of players. The Pvp isnt the reason we are low on players. Its cause the older players have grown up and dont have time to play. We have not started advertising thats why we dont have new players.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:22 pm 

If it sais we are a pvp focused server than we should be a pvp focused server. Then again, false advertisement would explain alot.

Wes, i was pvping with 1 gm skill, swordsmanship and owning bitches. If we were all pvming wouldnt we be trying to get all gm skills? The f*** is the difference? the goal of the game is to get your guy good whether its pvp or not and of course were not all getting our guys ready for pvp. There isnt any pvp to be had.

What skill is there in the current pvp system? being able to move while you fight and spam p pots? OH wait. You do have to click shrunk animal before your hit. Jesse, you dont pvp. Play this system, you do need poison to pvp.

Silk if pvp isnt the reason than how come we went from 15 players in this beta to 4? This shard is better than before as far as everything but pvp.

Tell me after recruitment when there are no players that im wrong. Ill be back then with this same solution.

As far as argueing, im done. Ive made my points and am now argueing with the same people who enjoy this system... The only people who play this game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:38 pm 

christmas season = busy with finals for some players and others with family thats why it droped so much.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:57 pm 

Deathwish... Shut the f*** up. Poisoning is fine how it is, its not insta-hit like it always was before so its not a game ender for mages, and you have to pretty much be moving WHILE they throw the pot to dodge, so that helps both mages and warriors with their high anat.
If you dont like getting poison spammed drop your anat and just lesser poison yourself, problem solved.
You were decent back before a lot of the changes and now you suck, learn to adapt, the system isnt going to change because deathwish and like 2-3 others insist its completely wrong, when at least 75% like it.

I kicked ass before change, and i still do, with non GMd chars. With a warrior, mage or tank, doesnt matter.

Warriors are just easier to use and harder to take, but still the top PvPers are mages. Theres only a select few actually skilled warriors. Most of the good mages around have always been good, Darkshadow is a newer player and hes getting pretty good on a mage.

And deathwish... You don't even pvp, i've seen you online like maybe 5-6x in the past few months and usually its just at the bank. I get at least 1 kill most days i log on. If you think theres no PvP lets set up a date :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:23 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
welll i dun really know mage vrs warrior cuz i use my necro mostly now.. when i do get on a mage it doesnt seem that hard to kill people... dark shadow was specially easy one ryoko :/

anyyyway, i think there should be a way to really differentiate warriors with skills and warriors with the right build/ equipment...

there should be some skill envolved for them also.. it shouldnt just be easy annd the mages who figure out how to take them own all.. cept the warriors wit (skill) orrr really no skill just the right build...
skill should go both ways.... the only way i see doing that besides some next wild coding stuff would be poison sadly :/

anywayyy there should be a way to tell which warriors have skill rather then just them trapping hitting and spaming poison like they currently do.....

welllll cept hemo.. he has skill... he throws snow ball uses ice wall thennn traps and kills... so much more skill -_-

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]