It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:29 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: New classes
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:54 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
This is a suggestion for new classes for crafters.

Maybe have a Gatherer and Handy Man Class.

Gather would only be able to get gathering skills like lumberjack, Mining, Fishing, etc...

Handy Man class would only be able to get crafting skills like Carp, Tinker, Blacksmith, Inscript, etc...

and possbiley give the classes a 100+ skill bonus ontop of the 100+ they would get for being a race... Because it wouldent throw pvp balancing off due to them not being able to get any magery or anything. It will only help the players out so they can make and gather there own pvp items, instead of having to rely on those who never log on to go and get them stuff.

---------------------------------------------
Also if you think it would be a bit unfair you can think of it this way, older players that already have most stuff gmd usualy have mining and blacksmith together, or lumberjack and carp.. So it would cost them a few mil's to be able to not have there skills drop when they turn to the classes.

Post subject: Re: New classes
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:55 pm 

so you would have to do your mining and lumberjacking on one char and your smithing and capr on the other? With only five char spaces i say HELL NO!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:04 pm 

no he is saying that you could have a class that has up to 900 skill points but you could NOT put gathering on there like mining and lumber, and you would have another class that CANT have crafting , so that you would be able to get all the crafting skils on one char so that you can make almost anything if you did it right.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:20 pm 

Quote:
so you would have to do your mining and lumberjacking on one char and your smithing and capr on the other? With only five char spaces i say HELL NO!!!!!
These are classes. It doesnt mean you would have to pick em. Im just suggesting these as being added for people who do want to pick em. To be able to have more crafting skills without having to have a 6th char slot.

Its just somthing for the overachivers that have nothing left to do. Also for those who want to have all crafting skills on 1 char without having to switch over if they have resources in there house.
This would also be really good with the crafting system bob has made. Now that you need 2 skills combined to make certain items.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:04 pm 

I probably prefer it the way it is.
Every player does not need the ability to perform all tasks among their characters. Having it so it takes multiple skills to create certain items limits the range of items a single character can make. This will make for diversity in who you need to buy from. It will also make you choose more wisely on what skills to train. You can't have it all.
In fact, having it so a single player can GM all skills on one account makes it incredibly hard to grow and support an entire gaming community. It weakens the value of every craft-able item. That is the problem now. Even with so few players, there are enough craft/gather-able goods to go around.
I would go so far as make some more valuable items harder to create. Perhaps 3-4 skills should be needed to create some items.

I would be happy if it became a bit more restrictive to be honest. The way it is would be okay. I am totally against raising skill caps so that players can be self-autonomous. That is not the point of this game.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:24 am 
Site Admin

Hell no.
That completely goes against the entire point of the class system in the first place.
It is not "everything for free".
It is "checks and balances".

If you want a new class, then give it some actual restrictions other than "oh this would be convenient, and we can pretend that losing skills i wouldn't want on it is a restriction.
It's like warriors saying they can do without meditation.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:03 am 

How about a new warrior class? We can learn all the weapon skills, but we cant use any magic, crafting, gathering, or any animal skills, but we still have all the other fighting skills like archery, mace fighting, fencing, swords, healing, poisoning, anatomy, parrying, and all the other good stuff?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:03 pm 

Quote:
Hell no.
That completely goes against the entire point of the class system in the first place.
It is not "everything for free".
It is "checks and balances".

If you want a new class, then give it some actual restrictions other than "oh this would be convenient, and we can pretend that losing skills i wouldn't want on it is a restriction.
It's like warriors saying they can do without meditation.
I am giving a point. Skill caps are there to balance out the pvp system. But for crafting skill caps are pointless if they have no possible way to pvp. Tell me whats the point in skill caps for crafters besides the fact of not being able to do everything by yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Tell me whats the point in skill caps for crafters besides the fact of not being able to do everything by yourself.
You answer yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:01 am 

i dun agree
i think the classes are more than just fine,, only class that i see ain't fine is rangers,, just because they can't wear heavy armours and they won't use shields anyways

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:21 am 

yep rangers should get more benefits like added archery damage or make tracking more useful like you can get a grid of a area and players in it (map) by GM Skill you can basically tell where everything is in your radius easily...like gps 8)

Rangers should get benefits for dexterity as well....since they use bow and arrows...maybe increase shooting speed or a skill where they can shoot multiple arrows at once lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i think thats a good idea having rangers having a class skill... but no other classes have class skill... b/c tbh archery by it's self isnt worth having no armor.. if anything its about the same/ worst then any melee skill due to the damage it does..

my 98 cents xD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:13 am 

I dont agree with your rangers ideas. rangers are ABLE to wear heavy armor. It just affects there stamina... I think its a good trade off since all the other classes that use archery only does 50% of archery damage (besides human ofc).
Also the fact that most archery wepons are way more powerful than any other weps, and are extremely easy to get. I can lumberjack and bowcraft 30 Uber bows by the time I get 1 decent wep for other combat skills that matchs up to the bow aka power+

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:52 pm 

Quote:
I dont agree with your rangers ideas. rangers are ABLE to wear heavy armor. It just affects there stamina... I think its a good trade off since all the other classes that use archery only does 50% of archery damage (besides human ofc).
Also the fact that most archery wepons are way more powerful than any other weps, and are extremely easy to get. I can lumberjack and bowcraft 30 Uber bows by the time I get 1 decent wep for other combat skills that matchs up to the bow aka power+
The stamina loss is actually debilitating. You cannot function wearing heavy armor as a ranger. Impossible...zilch...nada.....fubar.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:44 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
The stamina loss is actually debilitating. You cannot function wearing heavy armor as a ranger. Impossible...zilch...nada.....fubar.
Bob has the idea to add a ranger type armor in the future. When it is released I do not know.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next