It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:13 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:11 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
the next 'cycle' is put on hold because account creation isn't up...
as a newwer player has came to the forum and said already....

i cant see things being any better without account creation up...
player testing = moving forward.. but if u have no players to test whats the point?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:14 am 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
Account creation needs to be fixed to get new players, once people find us they try to get an account and it doesn't work they assume the shard is no longer here. Voting again to get the word out would be great as well. This game will NEVER be 100% ever its been up for 11 years I've been playing for 6 in that time we have been in beta mode for at least 3 years YEARS in those years we have seen a SHARP decline of players because we are only relying on vets to play, and the vets are getting frustrated because there has been so much change. we need some new blood. and change will continue to happen for the entire life of the game thats the nature of the game always something new.

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:44 pm 

As one of the newer players, I think it's up to the vet players and staff to keep this server alive and kicking. Vet players are the ones that have developed relationships over years of playing this game. Obviously, you all still care about the game--you are the ones posting suggestions and complaining (mostly the latter) in the forums.

Why would new players come onto the server when they can't interact with others? Vets need to be active to help new players get acclimated, answer questions, go hunting, pvp, at least during the absence of the staff. In the past 4 months that I've been playing I've only seen 3 staff members (Thanks Kraken for checking in on me at the GY) and I've had more interaction with them in game and on the forums than most of the players.

GM Bob has ALOT going on in his personal life and I think we need to be more understanding with the time frame in which these updates come out at--I mean he is the only one scripting. BB hasn't been around to help. Echo has had a few events and Kraken has been around to help the relatively few newbies that are playing.

I think we all need to quit complaining and f****** just log on. It's creating memories and having fun what this game is all about? Do we really need to be bribed by staff to log on and have fun? I say we take the initiative and figure something out where we can all agree to log on and play. Maybe a player sponsored FFF, a massive hunting trip, something, anything.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:21 pm 

true, but obsidian is also about meeting new characters with new playing styles, and such
,, like me personally idc how i actually pvp, even though' i can be a good pvper ... its easy timing spells and knowing the timing and reacting accordingly... but i try to play like im actually the character.. not playing a video game.... it's my own little sense of role playing.. specially when im high.. i remember i was w/ duck high and he was like.. lets go on an adventure.. and we spied onn restile and adam... for actual gain.. it was awesome.... i wanna take a noob on an adventure to accomplish something against other good players....

so noobs need to be there for vets to actually support.. i would support noobs as i did b4.. mostly by killing them and givin them GOOD free stuff lol...
(i wasnt a noob at the time.. but... duck was the shit lol to hang out with :D, taught me a whole nother level of sneaky :D :D :D )
but if anyone wants to do anything in obsi just pm me :D.. event... just hunt... massive hunt.. 1 on 1 hunt... fight... im down... just lettin ppl know lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:19 am 

Good point....then I suggest a player run dungeon crawl.....we clear a dungeon or two weekly. Everyone is invited...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:48 am 

im down,, if that has to be said need times though lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:22 am 

Dungeon crawl? Sounds sweet. I'm down as long as we do a pub crawl afterward. Slaying dragons really does work up a thirst ya know?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:12 pm 

i think the solution is to reload T3A again it has alot of bugs and unfair things but it was very funny cause of the much ppl that were playing,, the truth that T3a when ashes and all were playing and the game was full of bug was much funnier than nw cause stupid ppl like BM and so didnot used to get owned that is all... so they left obsi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:39 am 

Quote:
i think the solution is to reload T3A again it has alot of bugs and unfair things but it was very funny cause of the much ppl that were playing,, the truth that T3a when ashes and all were playing and the game was full of bug was much funnier than nw cause stupid ppl like BM and so didnot used to get owned that is all... so they left obsi

lol.... We were forced into T4A because the shard went fubar. We cant go back to T3A

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:58 am 

moving back to t3a would not help.. like it or not...
if we had the players we had in T3A... t4a would prove to be mostly the same, just more stable less bugs and alot more features...
the only thing t3a had more that was positive was players... and thats what we need now in t4a to save the shard....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:32 pm 

what chips said +1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:42 pm 

When you have a dev team of one man, with a lot of his own rl issues, obs will always be what it is. Although i think Bob is doing a great job with the time he has, it is just not enough to get a steady player base going. So what do we do? It took BB how long to even give scripting access to anyone else? We can try to recruit but i dont think we are ready to be honest. Obs is what it is and you can either except it or move on. There may be more players down the road but i dont think it is going to happen any time soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm 

Have to agree with Belg...lots of old players left without steady recruitment of new players to replace them so Obs is where it is because of that. Staff won't log on. I mean we been there and seen that then seen Obs population bounce back. It's just not going to happen this time..Diablo 3 is around the corner with it's beta coming out next month and Skyrim is due November... Only way I see getting population up is heavy recruiting at other UO shards...and sites dedicated to UO.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:43 pm 

as for getting new people.. bob can do so much..... but we can't do ANYTHING with account creation closed... all that needs to be changed is that.. and maybe some links to sites or something, then it's on us... not like we need many ppl to get the ball rolling... while skyrim won't compete with us.. (not an MMO) a player base of 50 is so minute in todays world its not very hard to get... no matter the game.. if we get 10.. they'll get more which will get more and the ball rolls... but there needs to be something where they actually can stop.. account creation ....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:02 pm 

yea might be a good idea to get that account creation fixed.... I guess.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next