Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]

Should Guilds be able to Hire Guards?
Yes  44%  [ 14 ]
No  22%  [ 7 ]
Yes with some constraints  25%  [ 8 ]
Yes but only one guard no plural  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 32
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:25 am 
I wanted to know what other thoughts were on this idea?
To have the ability to hire guards and to have to pay them same as
you would have to pay a vendor in vendors lounge.

I couldnt find the prior thread where it was mentioned but think that the idea would be usefull for the guilds overall. Maybe even allowing hiring of red guards by PK guilds. Just to make life more interesting.
Though guards would have to be required to be in certain area to guild stone.

Thoughts?

(Sorry for repeat BB but i forgot what your response was, i think it was heph who may have originally mentioned this in concern to mines i just expanded on that suggestion so im giving credit where its due. Poll is just to see general interest in topic BB has final say on everything.)

------------------------------------------
CptAhab "Fisherman"

Last edited by l0ki on Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:33 am 
good idea.. it would be realy cool if you could hire a guard

Last edited by Sakura on Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:34 am 
I agree, I think it would be a good idea to be able to hire guards...But there is one thing tho, why would you need them, although its a good idea?

Post subject: Guards and Other Staff
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:41 am 
I think that guilds should be able to hire what ever kind of staff they want (ex. Bankers, Vendors, Guards Ect.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:56 am 
Bad idea. Say a larger guild of craftsman who make alot of cash get the bright idea to go buy alot of deeds to guild stones, make a bunch of no man guilds just to hire guards to guard everywhere they go and their routs to and from these locations. You'd end up with way to many guards and people just putting stones down everywhere.

Towns should be the only guarded areas. Not mines, not dungeons, not open fields... just towns.

If all you crafters have such problems with being pked then guess what... play a game that doesn't have pvp.. Everquest and Final Fantasy 11 are always looking for more sissies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:04 pm 
But but but but I like Final Fantasy 11 its soooo cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:20 pm 
Quote:
Bad idea. Say a larger guild of craftsman who make alot of cash get the bright idea to go buy alot of deeds to guild stones, make a bunch of no man guilds just to hire guards to guard everywhere they go and their routs to and from these locations. You'd end up with way to many guards and people just putting stones down everywhere.
Good Point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:26 pm 
Quote:
If all you crafters have such problems with being pked then guess what... play a game that doesn't have pvp.. Everquest and Final Fantasy 11 are always looking for more sissies.

Well guess what.. without the craftsman, you will have no armor, no weapons, no house decorations, no good steeds, no good potions.. the list goes on and on. Most craftsman are noncombatants and serve a vital role in UO. There is no reason to PK them period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:05 am 

shut up, where are you so i can pk you

mainline is right, go play something without pvp if you cant deal with it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:14 am 
I have never said there was anything wrong with PVP. I just think you are a worthless coward if you attack people who cannot fight back. Why dont you and all your buddies try living without everything that craftsman make for a month and see how you like it.

As for where I am, I have already seen you hunting for me a couple of times tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:22 am 
While I'm more pro-PK than nemnoch, I have to agree with him somewhat. It's not like the guards would be free or anything: they'd take a big chunk out of our hard earned funds. And if it discourages the minority of PKers who are really cheap then so much the better.

Last edited by Cetrocet on Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:37 am 
Hum, guys, I'd hate to have to delete your post... I know it's a sensitive issue but please try to keep it civilized. Thanks

Note that I'm not aiming anuone in particular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:40 am 
coKane,coKane,coKane.... mannnn i cant wait to run into you.BEWARE... budio i`ll have yours and pico`s heads and it dont matter what the reward is,they wont be staked on no stake in a rune chaamber,they`ll be decorating my front steps.

Sorry lil off topic,just getting tired of reaading this cocky lil twits posts.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]