It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: March Update
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:02 pm 
Game Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Welcome to Obsidian, population currently: 1.

As I sit here, in what was once called Blackthorn's castle, I have a quiet moment of contemplation about what to tackle next. Will it be some mapping work, a bug fix or two or will I just go and open another bottle of wine and kick back watching two dragons tear each other to pieces?

The shard has been quiet for a long time now which I could stomp and complain about but really the only thing that will change that is a lot of hard work.

Monster loot needs to be reworked, map zones aligned, character classes adjusted, staff promoted and demoted, towns to be built and rebuilt, crafting to be overhauled and new events created that inject LIFE back into the game.

Myself and a couple of dedicated staffers (including the newly appointed GM Overdrive, congratulations!) have been working towards getting things firing up again. It's slow work. Agonisingly slow but steady.

We need more scripters, staff, players to run and enjoy a game that is nearly 20 years old. It doesn't have the latest and greatest graphics or sound files and it can be a bit slower than your current game of choice. If we are to bring life back to this game (And I know you all remember the good times) this really will take a LOT of work.

But I'm up for that challenge. Are you?

Post subject: Re: March Update
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:12 pm 

Quote:

As I sit here, in what was once called Blackthorne's castle, I have a quiet moment of contemplation about what to tackle next. Will it be some mapping work, a bug fix or two or will I just go and open another bottle of wine and kick back watching two dragons tear each other to pieces?

The shard has been quiet for a long time now which I could stomp and complain about but really the only thing that will change that is a lot of hard work.

Monster loot needs to be reworked, map zones aligned, character classes adjusted, staff promoted and demoted, towns to be built and rebuilt, crafting to be overhauled and new events created that inject LIFE back into the game.

Myself and a couple of dedicated staffers (including the newly appointed GM Overdrive, congratulations!) have been working towards getting things firing up again. It's slow work. Agonisingly slow but steady.

We need more scripters, staff, players to run and enjoy a game that is nearly 20 years old. It doesn't have the latest and greatest graphics or sound files and it can be a bit slower than your current game of choice. If we are to bring life back to this game (And I know you all remember the good times) this really will take a LOT of work.

But I'm up for that challenge. Are you?
Amen
I am up for that challenge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:17 pm 

I may not log in everyday, but I certainly am down for that challenge!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:33 am 

I am definitely willing to log on when I can as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:08 pm 

I still check in sometimes. Would play if others did.
3 online right now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:58 pm 

Quote:

As I sit here, in what was once called Blackthorne's castle, I have a quiet moment of contemplation about what to tackle next. Will it be some mapping work, a bug fix or two or will I just go and open another bottle of wine and kick back watching two dragons tear each other to pieces?

But I'm for that challenge. Are you?
Actions speak louder then words.

Hope you take your words serious, Echo. I don't mean to be rude, but this message has been written many times in the past couple years and it honestly gets old to hear the same message, but the action behind the words not be taken seriously.

Only time will tell.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:56 am 

Ive been on every day, A buddy and I have been killing each type of monster and reporting loot and personal input and general bug testing for staff. There is a lot of work to be done and other peoples opinions on where loot should be would be great.

Some of this shit the 2 of us cant kill alone, if people are interested we could run hythloth. Or hop on your Pker and come find me

If other people on here working with the staff I'm sure it would motivate both and staff and players to get the re-release done in a timely fashion.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm 

I'm curious, who is going to be handling scripting? I'm sure bob is too busy for any of this, hopefully you can get someone because without a dedicated scripter anything anyone does will be pointless.

If you were to announce that you do have someone who is going to be dedicated to scripting, I'm sure that alot of the players will feel that their work will not be wasted.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:58 pm 
Staff

Quote:
I'm curious, who is going to be handling scripting? I'm sure bob is too busy for any of this, hopefully you can get someone because without a dedicated scripter anything anyone does will be pointless.

If you were to announce that you do have someone who is going to be dedicated to scripting, I'm sure that alot of the players will feel that their work will not be wasted.
I for one can tell you I'll be assisting with it (already have my hands on one script that needs fixing) and I am not the only one. Now is not the time to get into specifics of who exactly is doing what. Try to be positive about the fact that were ARE working on things now. We've got some huge stuff coming up fix-wise, update-wise, and new content-wise! I can be confident in saying this isn't all talk because I'm seeing the work first-hand behind the scenes as well as doing some of the work myself now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:26 pm 

Don't really see how anything I said was negative, but ok.

And yes it is the time to get into specifics when you have very old players that have been through a lot of posts like these throughout many years. I'm not saying you guys aren't doing anything, but when you have people who have stuck with this server through thick and thin and have read posts from staff saying this and that will be done and nothing comes of it, then I think they deserve a little knowledge on what is going on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:23 pm 
Game Admin

I'll help clarify in the next news post. Right now I still have a few things I want to get knocked off my list before that swings around. I know everyone's sick of just hearing words and not seeing a result. So we'll simply show the result.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:01 am 

Any chance any veterans still watching :?:

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]