It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Slow Month
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:35 pm 
Game Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Nothing new to report! It has been a slow month sadly, but work is still plodding along.

If you have an interest in helping, I have a number of projects I would love some help with but it'll involve a lot of number crunching and theory work.

Things such as weapon balances, armor balances, spell damage, npc loot etc.

If you've got the time and the inclination, fire me a message.

Post subject: Re: Slow Month
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:25 pm 

Quote:
Nothing new to report! It has been a slow month sadly, but work is still plodding along.

If you have an interest in helping, I have a number of projects I would love some help with but it'll involve a lot of number crunching and theory work.

Things such as weapon balances, armor balances, spell damage, npc loot etc.

If you've got the time and the inclination, fire me a message.

I can help with this weapon balances, armor balances, spell damage, npc loot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:17 am 

Unban me and rufus the grey :?: lets set up a time machine :idea:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:32 pm 

I know this is an older post. But maybe it will cause a spark in a few. If only we could make a time machine. Speaking of time machine lol. My youngest son told me he was going to make one. I think he has watched back to the future all of them to many times lol. But at least he sets his goals high. And if he does ill share with all of you just use it wisely. Any way my post was (this includes me) I'm just going by posts I have read. No one needs to bitch about anything. I know we have smart people that could step up and help out with the number crunching and the balances so if you haven't offered to help no bitching. As I said that includes me I'm just a tester outer. But I could have logged on more. Anyway I wish we all would log on more and just help with w/e we can might be echo blowing you up or running a maze. But hey I guess it helps. And I know how busy rl can get. My youngest girl is 5 now and my oldest girl is twenty and in college. And my next to the oldest son just turned 15 and my oldest son is 19 finishing school planning for college. And is in the top 5 starters in foot ball and basket ball. Not to brag or anything. Ok ok I lied I was bragging :) So almost everyday we have something going on some sort of ball game or band. Something. But just saying if anyone knows how busy rl is. Its the wife and I. But I think we all could take 10 or so minutes and logon and help. Maybe if we could pick a day and time we all could get on and help. maybe once a month or so would really be cool. Or just sit at the bank catching up. Or shooting the bull. Point being if you don't help if you CAN (yes I meant caps) then no pissing and moaning. I know at one time a few was like let me script I know how let me script. But I noticed they shut up when echo or bob posted something to the effect. If you cant help with the boring stuff and things that need be done and just want to help with the fun easy stuff then shut up. Again not word for word I could go look the post up but to lazy to do so. Point of all this is. I'm getting older as we all are but I have 15 years of memories. And I don't want to give obsidian up. I have had so much fun here. My wife and son have played my little brother in law has played. And have made good friends. Like bit me and all them duck all helped me and my kids. Don't think they even knew they were my kids. Just the kind of players that they are. Sorry for such a long post. SO what's my point of all this. Please help with what you can and not just what you want to. And I don't want this shard to stay like it is dead. The people on this shard or like none you will meet in any online games wow or w/e. We are family. So let try a little harder I need to. Again sorry so long and my sound corny but its how I feel about this shard and the people here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:38 pm 

We would all love to see this server live again. But I have helped echo, I've scripted for him what little he would let me do. (Which was fixing dispel) That was 3-4 months ago, after I completed that I asked for something else to help with and he just told me to hold off. Dispel still hasn't been changed, he was trying to add new armor muls, new monster animations, he tried revamping the website, all of these things I listed are things that do not need to be worked on, they shouldn't even be thought of until the main problems are fixed and the player base returns to a reasonable number.

My assumption is echo knows a bit of scripting, but not enough to get this server back on its feet. Hopefully echo doesn't take this as an insult because I am in no way trying to dog on him. It's just from the past years and numerous promises and what not, nothing has been done.

Help is here, everyone wants to help, I know of numerous people who have helped. But one of the main problems is echo and bob not wanting to let people who want to help view and fix the scripts. Which IS understandable, I wouldn't want to give away all my hard work over the many years to everyone who says they can help. BUT, when the server has been completely dead for 3-4 years and nothing has been done, I'd most definitely start working with people, giving them a go at some of the scripts, hell I'd most likely release all the scripts and give anyone who wants to a chance at making their own server. At least this way the memories can live on, instead of dying right here like it has been for the past years.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:06 pm 

Exactly what Apo said.
Don't have much more to add to it really.
I tried to get a response for a very long time, cant even play my char,
cuz its bugged. I can delete him and create a new char but I dont want to (nostalgic reasons).
So these days I just craft by myself, and lurk in the world (hoping that some day things will get better).

猿も木から落ちる

Last edited by shooter on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:54 pm 

Slow month? Its been a slow year.

Nothing has been done thats going to get players playing.

This post is coming up on 2 months old. What? nothing new done at all?

You all would rather see this server die then give it to someone who could put the work in.

Its really sad.

Decimation[Dark Honor]
Shadow[GWAR]
Hemlock[Outkastz]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:25 am 

It really is sad though you are right.
I can understand they don't like giving others a look into files from the shard.
But then again if nothing changes, it will keep being empty.
This discussion has been going on for how many times now?

Things can change for the good very quickly.
With people who can script and people working on the things that are needed the most.

but I doubt it will be anytime soon 「unfortunately enough」.

猿も木から落ちる

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:27 pm 

There have been plenty of people that has tried to help. They wont take it.

They hired a bunch of staff a long time ago. Pretty much made them players with blue robes. *could not even tele around or invis* And they wonder why all but one quit.

the shard will not go anywhere at this point. Hell they are to *busy* to even reply to the post they made almost a f****** month ago.

Give the shard to someone who will atleast try or let it die.

Stop acting like shit is getting done. Its not.

Decimation[Dark Honor]
Shadow[GWAR]
Hemlock[Outkastz]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:54 am 

I know exactly what you mean.
There was a bunch of staff that could not do anything even
if they had to do/ fix something they could not do it.

In any case, what is there even to protect if there are no people to begin with

I mean i love the shard and i always will but,
things can't get worse then they are now.

The effort to keep the shard running, still shows there is
still (some) hope.

Scripting is not boring at all atleast in my opinion.
Especially when working together with people that are trying to make things better, atleast thats my honest opinion.

You also dont even have to give the shard to some1 in order to make big changes around here.

Why do we even have the test server then ?

I have also offered them help but if messages never get answerred for years straight there nothing to do about that

If anything about trust there are only people here that want to make things better. Even after so many years.

People been here for god knows how long from the start.
Im getting old aswell been here since my kid days.
They should atleast reach out a little bit.

If they dont have the time fine, life is important but atleast get someone who can do things when they are not there.

猿も木から落ちる

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:46 pm 

I tried. Didn't mean to stir up shit. Was trying to maybe get some motivated.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:49 pm 

Quote:
I tried. Didn't mean to stir up shit. Was trying to maybe get some motivated.
That's the way it should, there are still people out there that have not lost their spark.

We have to keep this ball rolling, otherwise it will be a forgotton post again and really nothing changes.

猿も木から落ちる

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:03 pm 
Staff

There are not many staff members left now. I don't have nearly as much free time as I used to about 6 years ago due to my work, but I'm sticking around.

We probably will not be hearing from Echo for quite a while. He's fine from what I understand, but has had to step away.

While construction (my Axis skills are pathetic, but I'm trying) and new content are put on hold, perhaps we can try to get some other things rolling again.

Would you all be interested in me scheduling some events soon? Monster Bashes, PvP, whatever you like. That might get some more interest going.

As Apoc mentioned I also think at this point we should concentrate on "fixing" what needs to be fixed rather than adding more work to the pile. I'm open to starting a discussion on this and deciding with the players EXACTLY how they want it to be fixed. If they can't agree, we vote. I don't want to change something thinking we've fixed it just to have more players whine about the fix.

I respectfully ask that you not tear into me for chiming in on this.. let's at least try to keep things moving along in a constructive matter rather than feeling sad and angry about the state of things here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:25 pm 

Quote:
There are not many staff members left now. I don't have nearly as much free time as I used to about 6 years ago due to my work, but I'm sticking around.
I am happy for atleast getting a response, which means this thread is getting some attention.
with Echo being on ice for the time being, staff is indeed running low.
Quote:
As Apoc mentioned I also think at this point we should concentrate on "fixing" what needs to be fixed rather than adding more work to the pile. I'm open to starting a discussion on this and deciding with the players EXACTLY how they want it to be fixed. If they can't agree, we vote. I don't want to change something thinking we've fixed it just to have more players whine about the fix.
I agree with this, but rather then just aiming at everything, do it categorized as

PVP
PVE
Crafting
Race
Quote:
I respectfully ask that you not tear into me for chiming in on this.. let's at least try to keep things moving along in a constructive matter rather than feeling sad and angry about the state of things here.
I'm not angry about the state, I just want to see it improve.

猿も木から落ちる

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:15 pm 
Staff

I am still around, just have been having an insanely busy summer with work amongst other things. I believe miner tweaks need to be made in order to get things running smooth. Skill gains need to be eased up, pvp needs re-balanced, some crafting needs looked at, smithing in particular. Dialing in what we already have in place should be the first and biggest step in my opinion. I'm open to any ideas and feedback.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next