It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Cooking not gaining
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:32 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
So I cooked a bunch of stuff including over a hundred stat fishes, but my cooking is still 68.2, not a single gain.

Post subject: Re: Cooking not gaining
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:17 pm 
Staff

Hm. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for the report Dario.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:47 pm 
Game Admin

Currently there isn't anything implemented that is able to raise cooking above 30.0 skill.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:34 pm 

except a GM Cooking skill stone haha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Currently there isn't anything implemented that is able to raise cooking above 30.0 skill.
Yeah think echo got this from the notes and not the scripts, so there's a few things going on.

First off, cooking currently has no craft menu, so that system can't produce gains. As more cookable items are added, this will change, but no one's put any ideas out for interesting ones and i'm against one-trick skills, which cooking currently is since it's only for fish.

Fire cooking runs off the skillreq of the item, and has harshly reducing gains, as well as reducing burns. 80% innate burn rate at minimum skill, goes down 2% per 1.0 skill above minimum, with no burns at 40% over required skill.

Potion fish are 20.0 cooking req, feast fish at 25.0, fff and stat fish are 30.0
Which means you won't burn any of the fish at 70% or above cooking.

Certain really old fish will be bugged, but any recently fished fish should have the appropriate cooking reqs for skillgains.

TL:DR - You can gain, just not over 30 from ribs/corpse cut/non specialty resources, like fish.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:11 pm 

I know I've mentioned it before, but being able to actually use ovens Ultima 7 style would be cool. Let us make mundane breads and cakes for gains. In real life, most fish is extremely easy to cook over a fire; that method should not be the fastest way to gain cooking skill. Also, perhaps we can add a couple of items that give slight buffs. For example:

Artisan Bread - Can be crafted at cooking level 75. When you craft a loaf of bread, you have a x% chance of crafting artisan bread. When artisan bread is consumed, the player gains +5 health.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:03 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I know I've mentioned it before, but being able to actually use ovens Ultima 7 style would be cool. Let us make mundane breads and cakes for gains. In real life, most fish is extremely easy to cook over a fire; that method should not be the fastest way to gain cooking skill. Also, perhaps we can add a couple of items that give slight buffs. For example:

Artisan Bread - Can be crafted at cooking level 75. When you craft a loaf of bread, you have a x% chance of crafting artisan bread. When artisan bread is consumed, the player gains +5 health.
Interesting idea, can you post it in the suggestions subforum so we can discuss?
Cooking definitely needs more stuff, and I agree fish are "easy" to cook, and they aren't the fastest, just the fastest right this second at a very low skill level. Higher skill level items gain faster later.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]