It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:54 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: New Players and Top 200
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
I would like to once again welcome the new players joining us through supernova! I'm glad you guys have taken the opportunity to give Obsidian a shot and hopefully you will be drawn into this living breathing world and become as much of a part of it as everyone else! Please don't hesistate to ask staff or players for help in direction. There is a learning curve, but once you get past it you will find this game to be most rewarding.

I would also like to state that I have officially withdrawn ourselves from the UO Top 200 list. I have come to the conclusion that the majority of players we get from that stinkhole of a site are problem players whether they be hackers, flamers or just plain whiners. Additionally I feel no need for us to be offering the other shards on the list even the opportunity to be blessed with players are supportive as you guys. Apparently the top shards listed on the site pay to be there and every time we have joined the ranks of the top 3 we have been deleted time and time again with no explination or apology. The owner of the site is obviously a greedy site admin who is more then happy to drop quality shards for ones paying $20 a month for premium placement on the list. Good riddence!

Thanks for supporting the shard and voting daily for it, but I have come to the realization that we are too good for the list as result of being deleted so many times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:42 pm 

Broadband, u rule!! U tell them hackers from all those other UO shards. No other shard tops Obsidian :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:59 pm 
Those haters can suck my fat hair balls.

Post subject: Thorfin
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 2:06 pm 

damn right BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 2:23 pm 
Woot!

You ROCK BroadBand! I'm on my way right now to make a donation. Anyone else want to "ante-up"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 2:49 pm 
Someone is definatly supplying the hatorade to those guys. I say, Tight Game BB. Might have to bust out a GM Roundhouse kick or something....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:03 pm 
Good for you

I would rather see the latest news and who is in the game than a list of other shards that don't mean nothing, who cares what rank we are in on that site, its what is happening on this site that is the important thing

I joined this shard through word of mouth several months ago and have been here ever since, i have no intention of leaving as long as it keeps on going. I have told many others about this shard and they have also joined and are no doubt telling their friends, that is how it should be.

Good Shard, Good feedback, Good players. We don't need loads of new players, just a steady stream of quality players, and that is what you will get with a good shard, keep your regulars happy and you will do just that.

Thanks Broadband and CyberVic and all the others working away in the background, tweaking the game and running events, keep up the good work guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:57 am 
got that right! I think most of our good players game from suprnova. Lol I First downloaded Obsidian From Suprnova because it said Free UO. But now I am glad that I did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:06 am 
we shouldnt post on suprnova we dont need any more people like shadow tamer....nah just kidding :P what sucks about top 200 is players using it are shard jumpers and aren't as fun to work around as newbie players...sure you gotta answer same questions over and over but they dont run around trying to find exploits, twist rules to their advantage, or get bored after 1 week because they know how to GM all their skills in 2 months

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:26 am 
I may have just joined this shard a few short days ago, But in those few short days, I have met some of the most INCREDIBLE people.

One being CyberVic. though our talk was relatively short, he was quite possibly the most helpful, and ... just plain awesome GM I've met out of all the shards i've been on. and from the sound of it, All the staff here are just that cool.

and just about every player i've ran into (with a small exception) showed nothing but kindness and awesomeness toward me.

I will be sticking around, and when I get some spare cash, look forward to recieving a donation from me. rock on BB, and the entire staff and player base of this ROCKIN shard.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]