It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:23 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:12 pm 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
I'm saying this with the thickest dose of sarcasm imaginable: Thank you everyone who recently have been finding every loophole imaginable to find grey areas in the rules. Seriously I'm actually getting annoyed at people who just because it's not stated "don't do this in this exact way" people are finding rule loopholes so people are getting off with warnings. And I don't want to make 1,000,000 rules for every possible evil thing people could do to each other. Place nice kiddies and I mean it. And I'm not just talking to Reds or Just PKs. I've been faily nice about jail times but I'm going to start asking staff to be really strict if people don't start following the rules more.

Anyhow the whole point of posting this on the news it to officially tell everyone about these 2 new rules. Anyone breaking them will be jailed for at least 24 hours.

Rule #11.Illegal.E. Using area of affect spells to kill someone that it would be impossible to otherwise harm (ex. PK'ing someone or killing their animals in their locked house with earthquake or chain lightning)

Rule #25. Do not exploit pathing problems with monsters. If a monster is stuck in a location where it's impossible for them to hurn you but you can kill them this is a pathing exploit.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Last edited by CyberVic on Fri May 21, 2004 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:15 pm 
Is ir illegal to attack and/or kill a grey in town on sight just because there grey and cant call guards?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:18 pm 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
Greys can call guards, criminals can't. And yes it's legal to kill both greys and criminals.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:22 pm 
just a side note, if you're acting like an ass, or using loopholes, i won't care the rule's not written

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:40 pm 
I cant call... Im a scroundrel and i cant ... This noob kept attacking me and in middle of fight he would call guards like an idiot trying to jail me... when he attacked first and then he would die... Attack me again and this went on about 5 times and he said i was res killing... couldnt call guards...

"What's the shard policy on rez-killing?
Rez-killing is the repeated action of killing somebody just to have fun doing it.
If somebody you killed (let's call that person Jack) comes back after you killed him and attacks you, it is not considered illegal to kill Jack again.
If Jack resurrects and tries to loot his body in order to prevent you from obtaining items from his corpse, it is not considered illegal to kill Jack again.
If Jack calls you names after dying to you, it is not considered illegal to kill Jack again.
However, if Jack walks up to you after resurrecting asking you why you killed him, it is considered illegal to kill him again. Provided you dont want to answer and transmitted that information to Jack, and he still bugs you, it is not considered illegal to kill Jack again as a warning. If he comes back again, bugging you, consider paging a GM for harassement.

Know that staff and staff only is the final judge on what is a rez-kill and what is not. This is only a guideline and is used as a reference to staff, and a line to follow by players. Judging rez-kills is hard, and no complaining, bitching or whining on staff judgements will be tolerated"

-Hunter-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:25 pm 
24 hours is really not that much. anyone f****** around should get 1 week jail, i bet they will think twice before doing something wrong again. be strict...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:46 pm 
some people would quit if jailed 7 days, because they'd try another shard then stay on it after a couple of days. i'm all in for mean, strict punishment though. i believe staff is too nice to players (i'm the only one i dont consider too nice :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:07 pm 
not to ruin dai's rep but i think hes one of the coolest staff members hes fair an hes willing to help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:51 am 
Yar, he's just a great big cuddly toy really... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:56 am 
i'm *not* nice so stop saying i am :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:26 am 
Dai's a big ugly ogre with a bad temper.

How's that? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:50 am 
i'm not ugly :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:11 pm 
dai and sonne my favs, that hydro, just eesh...... and some others..

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]