It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:16 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:47 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Ok guys you have a total of 4 weeks in a town called Cove,for the first 2 weeks your char can be killed in dungeons, outside of towns, from pk's etc but you will just return to Cove with all your stuff intact unless you abuse this privilege and kill other players,then you can die and be looted so the first 2 weeks is a good time to explore the world of obsidian as well as train.The second 2 weeks you can now die so be more cautious.You can still train in Cove where killing and looting is forbidden between players.

By now you should know enough to survive the outside world and will have made friends maybe joined a guild,but be warned this is not a ps2 game it's real people and you get good and bad people just like the real world so don't dive into things then complain you got your fingers burnt.Each new char you create has the same privilege of using cove.It is wise to create a working char first e:g miner/smith,fisher,tailor etc to make gold.Gold is needed to buy food goods from the different stores and to support your main char.You will be faced with a lot of decisions for your choice of chars so choose wisely but don't despair as u can make 5 chars on 1 account and if you choose wrong you can delete after a week.

I have only touched the surface of the world of Obsidian and after almost a year here I make huge mistakes,who knows this maybe one :( .I would like more players to help new players feel welcome and add to this thread with tips,help etc.In my opinion if a new player comes to our world and are confused and helpless they will just leave.

pls make this sticky and feel free to alter any mistakes I have made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:01 pm 

Previous posts deleted due to miscommunication.

Thanks for the input...

This thread will be expanded upon soon and then made sticky. I will discuss the possibility of a full new player's guide for Obsidian with my superiors :)

If anyone else has some information they think would be of use to new players, then please post it here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:49 pm 
yeah if you need any help ingame just go to vesper bank and look for blizz... i do alot to help newbies like dungeon runs and player made events with cool prizes to get you guys started.... and i dont pk!! so dont worrie...

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]