It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:26 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 44 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:03 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Bot Check: GAMER
I would also like to add that I just read the rules again to make sure and I found nothing in there that would even insinuate that this tactic or what ever you want to call it is in any way illegal!

Thank you and have a nice day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:08 pm 

Warrior vs mage pvp is still unbalanced atm with archery/pot range, reactive armour, healing fail rates etc...

Allowing mages to do that would just be ridiculous! As a warrior pvper I have to think several moves ahead like chess, and this would be impossible with fake spell spamming.

And I'm afraid you missed one rule:
Quote:
Jorus, Blinkers, and Broadband may at any time declare something illegal. The reverse is also true. Thier rullings supercede anything written on this page, so do not try to exploit the wording of these rules.
The higher staff decided this was illegal some time ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:59 pm 

No I have seen that!
But I have not seen Jorus,Blinkers,or Broadband Say anything about this.

BTW my main char is a pure warrior too!
But like I have seen Drizzt say alot latly "you just adapt".
So, I would also like to say it is sad how when ppl cry alittle a staff member thinks they can bend the rules the way they think it should be!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:40 pm 

there are rules on this shard. why do people think they can break em cause they think its a better idea. drizzt they dont have to list every rules somewhere you can find it thass knows what the f in rule is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:51 pm 
It was decalred illegal to spam fake spells not long ago as mentioned above, maybe you werent playing much at the time, but people were jailed for doing so, and it soon went out of use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:56 pm 

Well then put it on the rules.
I know that valerie Is a new player because she was in Cove training at the same time as my new char that I have!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:11 pm 

Xkill i'm not bending the rules, I have experienced this kind of sh*t first hand and rest assured it is definitely cheating.

Just because you have a pure warrior doesn't mean you know what it's like to live as one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:40 pm 

I didnt say I had a pure warrior. I said my main char was a pure warrior char. Which is the only char I played for over a year!

Last edited by Xkill on Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:42 pm 

Quote:
BTW my main char is a pure warrior too!
:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:51 pm 

I have talked with one of the moderators on aim and he pointed out to me that it was made know that this was against the rules back when I was working on my own shard. I do apologize if I have offended you in any way. I just know that on every other shard I have played on it was apart of pvp. I would like to add that Valerie is a new char because she was training in cove when I was with my newest Char. (not saying that she/he is a new player to OBS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:58 pm 

No offense taken dude...and yes I have every faith that Valerie is an AFK Macroer, Bug Abuser, Cheater and...wait...ITS F*CKING HENNESSY :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:32 pm 

how hard is it to just agree that its because we all dont have gm magery here. on some shards the cap is much higher and every single character has magery. if that was the case here, then the only people that would not like the word wops are the ones who have too slow of reactions to win against it. trust me, if you ever experienced a one vs one with someone who has the exact skills and stats as you, faking each other out with your own custom combo wops and all, its extremely challenging and fun.

but it simply wont work here because the characters that do not have magery are defenseless, the mages can fake them but they have no way to fake the mages. if you do it here yes its cheating i agree. so well obviously im agreeing with what most of you are saying, just wanna make things clear though that when you say its cheap and what not please realize that it is indeed considered to be a very effective and must have tactic on some shards. and it does indeed take a little thought and planning to maximixe its effect as well.

so dont sell it off as a bug or exploit or what not, just agree that it doesnt work on obsidian because we have a unique shard in that somehow they've managed to make so many totally different characters yet there is still a really good chance that one can defeat the other its all based on your skill and experience as well as you reflexes and strategies. to me thats what makes obsidian stand head and shoulders over all other shards. in order for obsidian to be able to achieve its suprisingly good balance, things like wop cannot be allowed.

if this shard was an anything goes type shard like some, then i can tell you from experience it would probably be boring as hell after a short time because the only way to compete consistently would be to have all the exact same type skills and stats. some people enjoy that, it makes ultima online a lot faster paced thats for sure, vlad compared uo pvp to chess, you could call those other shards speed chess maybe. in speed chess you dont have time to be positive of your move you just move, mistakes will be made and the challenge is how quicly you can recover and launch a new effective attack before your opponent makes you pay.

some pple play speed chess lol. pple like thass and kinetic play chess.
its all in what you like. i like speed chess but i just happen to suck balls at it, so i play chess cause chess nerds are easier to beat.. *runs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:36 pm 

lol I never play real chess, it sux :(

To be fair I've never said that fake spell spamming is a bug or exploit - but given that it has been declared illegal and severely upsets the balance and rhythm of warrior vs mage pvp - then I do consider it cheating or at very best breaking the rules. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:09 pm 

yup and the main thing is everyone knows its not allowed here so no matter how cool it looks when its done its obvious it was intentional.

i would comment that theres should be a little judgement on staffs part concerning punishment for pple who use it.

meaning that i wouldnt think someone who is simply sitting at bank playing around spamming spells would deserve as harsh a punishment as someone who uses it to pk people.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 44 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next