It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:09 pm

Forum locked Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:46 am 

It's unfortunate that Platinum has been passed up on supposedly my account, i had no idea if I was made GM that he'd be casted aside and looked over. I just knew for the times i come on, there was a total void, the staff slot is pretty empty during the night and early hours. I just merely tried filling a hole. Didn't know me becoming GM would be such an issue. I know about this "staff seniority" thing that seemed to me more recent, If this is the case Fiskern should have been GM 6 months ago except his Seer acct never got reactivated from the whole summer staff cleaning, though he recounts emailing 3 times. At any rate being a GM now, i've taken the responsibility and privledge of maintaining fair justice and get the players better involved into the Obsidian Community. Perhaps bring some old players back. With the new help of Counselor Kinetic, Seer Zaphod and Seer Thassius we created our first quest (Zaph and Thass' storyline) and will continue to make them as long as people are enjoying themselves. :) It's yet also unfortunate that CV wasn't informed on these staff add-ons, but with all this help that i had asked for months prior, it's great that i finally have some relief. I welcome and thank the new Staff aboard and the Old Staff who keep this great shard running and improving it, after all we ARE the oldest free shard out there and STILL running! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:52 am 
you make me hott sub :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:39 am 
Me too, though I want a slice of Subcity and Sonne and Platinum:(

and guys please don't take sides over this, the deed has been done and it seems to be going pretty well. Let's not spoil what seems to be a good thing by complaining to CV and other staff about who you thought was most deserving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:18 pm 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
The main point I was trying to make was I wasn't appreciating the fact that when I logged on to Obs or my messengers or checked my PM's on the board I was being spamed by random people that Plat got screwed and it's all my fault. So again, for the record it's not my fault and I don't appreciate being accused of something that's not my fault. I have no power to promote or demote staff as I stated in my inital post. Here are just some examples of crap I got:
Quote:
HEY MAN HOW MUCH MORE DOES HE HAVE TO WAIT U HAVE SOME NEW SEERS AND COUNSIE AND NOW HES HERE 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS AND STILL SEER

HAVE A NICE DAY
Quote:
Ok I have a question why is Subcity a GM ? He is never on, Summoned Mustangs for hennessy and .killed stuff for him, and Platnum to whom has been seer a YEAR! YES a year is still seer He was always on and as I recall you promised him a promotion around december.Its been what?..a year since hes been seer. He is hard working and dedicated and feel he should have gotten that promo. He friken EARNED IT! And can you tell em when was the last time you seen SubCity on? I cant its been 3 months or more.
This makes me sick,
And knowing you you are probaly there not careing a f*** what im telling you but im really sad and feel bad for him because you have made him quit uo and feel HORRIBLE.
Bye
On the flip side I AM really happy about the other staff changes and am glad to hear things are going well on the shard. Thassius especially has done a LOT of the shard in helping me orchestrate the moderators, hiring of new counselors, etc so I think that he diserves his promotion.

On the subject of Platinum being a GM as well... now that is something I've got conflicting opinions on. I do think he diserves it, on the flip side I think that the too many chiefs, not enough indians situation comes into play, but whatever. As long as there is good communication especially between Sub, Plat, and Hydro for quests and stuff then I fully support Plat being promoted as well. But one of the powers that be that has the power to do so has to do it, again I can't (so stop PM'ing me, messaging me, and otherwise spamming me telling me I need to do so).

That is all /game on

I love you guys.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:36 pm 
hmm....

well my point was,
i'm glad that something was done when there was no info from 'upstairs'.
i'm glad this isnt the military, where if there is no order, then nothing is carried out.
i'm glad that the staff that remained decided to do SOMETHING instead of nothing.... and that something was to help the shard out.

i dont see it as so-and-so getting promoted OVER so-and-so, but as the shard gaining the much needed trustworthy staff, and as the shard improving itself.

the ends justify the means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:39 pm 

As i had explained before to whoever wrote that note to Vic, I am usually only on during the pacific coast late night and wee hours so i wouldn't have been surprised if you didn't see me or not as i work during the day which i had relayed to Vic previously about work building up and maybe not being on for a bit but it only lasted 2 weeks tops, And as far as Hennessy goes, I'm the one who JAILED the dude for being a dirty cheater why would i help him? he caused me TONS more grief as a seer than any other player especially his last escapade (those who were there know) so giving him mustangs or "summoning" them would have been last on my priority. And if I DID summon him a stang once was because a mistake occured or something had happened just because lots of people cried about him in pages doesn't mean he was always at fault, he was a pker and did what any pker normally would do so if bitterness got in the way of your reasoning i'm sorry, i just try to be fair! :) Even to those who were the biggest pains! Anyways I'm all for GMing Platinum as well hope we can make that happen! :D [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:38 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I have nothing agains Plat being promoted to GM, but all you people who shouts and screams that he has been seer sooooo long and deserves it. Lower your voices a little bit and get your facts straight. I was made seer on this shard 1 year and 2 months ago. Plat wasnt even counsie then, so that he has been seer over 1 year now is wrong. But hey he has been good as staff, first as counsie and the as seer, so he should get a chance at GM sooner or later. And about Sub being GM is just great, he has been good as staff, just a tad bit shorter than Plat, but hey hes been a devoted player for 4 years+ i believe. Well good luck new staff, and hope youll get your promo too Plat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:42 pm 

Rules are rules. Not being involved in any drama (RealLife drama for a fantasy RPG... what a concept!) I don't know/care who pissed who off...

I will say I thought it was very cool that I went up to Thas and jokingly said "How bouta monsterbash?!" and he sez "Sure why not".

Perhaps some sort of scheduling is needed for this whole seer deal. No one who is over the age of 20 can really be expected to be on the shard for even 3 hours EVERY SINGLE night.

I'm sure everyone could probably agree that what we NEED are few good veterans in this position... not only of this but also Ultima 1-7. Ex AD&D 2nd Ed Dungeon Masters would probably also make good candidates ;) We don't need a lot of "chiefs"... I remember having great games and being helped as a newbie when Hydro was the only one on for a while.

I'm definately not going to run for office myself at this time... I know I can't put enough time into it at this time and I know there will be quite a few going "How is THIS DUDE a seer?!" Apparently that's what a few are saying now as well though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:01 pm 

we love you too vic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:47 am 

i play like 8 hours a day ill be one. 8) and im 21.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:10 am 

Quote:
i play like 8 hours a day ill be one. 8) and im 21.
maybe its time, to find some work ? :S

Tammie-> Shadows Leader
Sandra -> Gm Mage/Fighter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:52 am 

that... or to he needs to get laid

Peter - GM fisher, GM cook, 80% tailoring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:00 am 
Staff

Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
Ok now the thread is getting fucktarded. What needed to be said was said. Stop spamming me. I'm trying to get in game more and will be hiring some new moderators as well to fill the positions of those staff that have been upgraded to counselors. Platinum's GMship will be looked into and we'll see if we need another GM if so he'll get it.

Peace out.

I love you guys.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

On a side note, I'm the one who upgraded the staff at the request of Hydro, incase anyone was wondering. Sorry I haven't been around much, but after playing this game for 8 years, I seem to take long breaks. BLINKERS LUVS EVERYONE. (But CyberVic more.)

Forum locked Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2