It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:24 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: What would u do
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:03 pm 

Ok just to start things off im sayin that this is not meant to offend any staff at all its just a way to get players to say wat they think witout them havin to critisize staff , who knows maybe some great new ideas will be brought up, ok so players What would u change or do if u owned obsidian? plz dont talk shit bout staff just give ur ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:19 pm 
Host obs in more places, get someone with plentry of free time to do scripting whenever ur busy. Hire a few more staff members when numbers are up, and try to find someone who would know how to fix a lot of the existing bugs and probably hire them for a few months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:20 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Bot Check: GAMER
i would goto runuo lots easier to deal with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:21 pm 

since i have no connection to handle a shard it would simply die, i could play it alone at home though Hooray! id pretend to be the almighty BB and host Boat Battles !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:21 pm 
But that would take away years of the custom scripting on this shard :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:22 pm 
i would smoke pot.... drink beer..... and take a shit.... thats what id do....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:29 pm 

Basically what Shadow said but also add new stuff and new scriptors to script the new stuff. Like something I think it was Duo saying new rare items, new monsters, fix pvp, more interesting events and quests, games, I like to see an in flux of new people in cove like Death pointed out in a earlier post its a ghost town now. Most people sit at the bank because they are bored as f***. Every monster in the game is killable create new dungeons if possible... I don't know anything fun like that capture the flag thing maybe a new scriptor can fix that? OMG and boats that would own..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:12 pm 
ah yes... i remember boat battles... those were fun. You just need a gm to run that event. not an admin if im not mistaken... there should be events daily. i mean why not? if the staff is online, its nothing to host a FFA, or a monster bash... or a treasure hunt... just to get people active again thats all... because i know alot of players are getting fat just sitting at the bank not doing anything :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:21 pm 

I remember back when Orisus was GMing, there'd be like 2-3 events daily, it was so f***** sweet ass.. I think we just need some scripters who can and will script, that would take care of most the bugs, then we just need dedicated staff to promote outside of the game, and run events in game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:22 pm 

If you don't like obs, don't bash it, this post is for the IMPROVEMENT of the shard, not to bitch about problems without offering answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:01 pm 

Quote:
i would goto runuo lots easier to deal with
Common misconception.

RunUO, in my expect opinion, SUCKS. :P Sure it, MAYBE, can be considered easier, but it's facilities are less complex and you cannot achieve the variety of options you have with a sphere based server. The only thing it has is an easier codebase to hack. :P Besides, obsidian is running on one of the most advanced and secure sphere codebases you will find running right now, there's no need to change it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:36 pm 

ya that what i am trying to say obs is to advanced and hardly noone has access to changing anything. Bug fixies should be immediate and not take 12 months to fix one bug. I think it should be a little easier. I know it is mainly the scripters whom take 4 ever, but the whole way obs is constructed is too advanced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:15 pm 

I would like to see the major game/balance effecting bugs addressed before anything else was taken care of.

Chronos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:31 pm 

The only two things I could see this shard needing to make it the best shard out.. would be 1) Staff who CAN script AND have acess to being able to change things with their scripts..(we'd see bug fixes, new items, balancing, etc etc) .. 2) Playerbase, which I think would come once no. 1 gets put into action.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next