It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:33 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 49 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:54 am 
Yep. Even reds should roleplay. And by that I mean kill, loot dry and be a$$holes. My red will be exactly like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:18 am 

I kill, I loot, I have sexual intercourse with your mother. Sue me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:15 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

By reading some of the responses....no wonder newbies don’t stay very long....Just cuz your red you gotta be assholes to people? Why not show a little compassion so they don't get discouraged...if they don't get discouraged then they'll come back with better stuff to loot next time. Why loot a set of Iron plate when you can loot a set of GM Myth or Shadow the next time? Why loot a regular Viking sword when you can let the player mature and loot a vanq Viking sword from him later?

Think about the long term…This isn’t a FPS game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:17 pm 

I'll tell you why, because it's funny as f*** to see them cry when you trash their iron. You think I loot the stuff cause I need it?? I stopped looting for that reason LONG ago. I've got more than enough armor/regs/pots etc etc to last me. I loot for the simple joy of messing peoples shit up. It's funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:01 pm 
If a new player gets looted, what reason do they have to play anymore? They lost their items of value, they lost a good portion of their gold, simply no fun to the new player anymore. What reason do they have to keep playing if everything they worked hard for just simply gets trashed in two seconds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:12 pm 

My point exactly....

New players meet up with assholes like ashes and they never see a reason to log back in again....

He's just cutting his own throat by being a prick....and making the game less fun for the rest of us who look forward to new players.

Ashes...grow up man, or go play Counter strike for your instant gratification.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:16 pm 
Man, new players should stick to new player places. Orc fort, cove and brit gy, the wilderness, etcaetera. You don't go to wrong if you're not prepared to lose a shitty iron armor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:26 pm 

New players "should" stick to new player places...but they usually want to go where the people are...there's not too many people in the new player areas these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:31 pm 
Yes, but going to a dungeon!? When they can't even handle 2 orcs put together :) If they take the risk then that's that. Pk'er chars are cold blooded killers, brigands, thieves, in a word - EVIL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:35 pm 
A new person would want to explore... not stick to 3 whole areas out of the entire world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:36 pm 

Yes and if they want to go to unfamiliar lands, they will meet unfamiliar faces and go through unfamiliar situations.. I got pked and looted every day when I was a noob, I'm still around aren't I? I know all you guys were pked and looted when you were noobs, so why are you still here?

The noobs coming here and leaving aren't the kind of players we want on Obsidian anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:39 pm 
I have only been pked TWICE unintenionally. All I lost both times were a few dyes and some iron ores.

The other times i was killed was in an event, or I was just f****** around and asked someone to kill me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:40 pm 

Dude don't lie like that, Me and Anadivine used to kill you daily when you followed us like a lost little puppy. I remember when we kicked you out of our guild we were like "OMG SHADOW COME MEET US AT THE HOUSE" so you came and we pked you in our house, looted you and kicked you out of our guild.. LOL :wink:

I still remember who you were Shadow *cough*TRIGATH*cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:42 pm 
Nope, Don't remember that at all... I only remember getting killed twice. And a bunch of times by abib and bryan just screwing around.

EDIT: Plus, all my warrior chars in the past have just been jokes. Never really cared for em too much, I was always more into crafting.

Last edited by shadow_tamer on Sat May 14, 2005 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:43 pm 

Quote:
The noobs coming here and leaving aren't the kind of players we want on Obsidian anyways.
Funny....I was just thinking the same thing about PKers who think that being a prick to noobs is ok because...
Quote:
it's funny as f*** to see them cry when you trash their iron

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 49 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next