It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:38 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 8 of 8   [ 118 posts ]
Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:33 pm 

im sure its getting old hearing this but... how about more spells. perhaps we could have cold damage spells . Like SnowStrike with the same animation as flamestrike but only the color is changed to white. and a spell where u could temporarily turn into another players shape.

The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes preferred, since the right is not confined to verbal speech but is understood to protect any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:38 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
What if we could have an NPC transfer animals and items for you?
Quote:
Or have a blacksmith NPC repair pieces of your armor for an amount of money.
Wow. Well thought out and brief in statement (I will take lessons from you...) :P

Transfer option: awesome. Maybe even make a "super-vendor" for those that want to transfer at their house. Heck, let strangers use it for a fee.

Repair option: again, awesome. It will have to be scaled somehow of course. Cheap enough for the newbies yet costly enough for the L33t so that we don't eliminate the reason for making smith characters altogether.

Good stuff, A-poc!

However, a word of caution... The whole point of this game is to interact with other players. We need buddies to swap stuff with. We need smiths to repair our broken crap. If we start adding features that allow us to distance ourselves more and more from the (sometimes) few players online then...well...what's the point of Obs or any other free shard?

I think once this new patch gets going and we get a new wave of blood in to help and/or pk issues like this will be a thing of the past.

Since I'm such a big talker...I guess I have some fishing to do... :P

Peace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:05 am 

Well if players made smithies in town for their smith characters (and that the smithing process earnd you enought money) we wouldnt have to think about launching npc vendors...

anyway: I go for riding animal shops... perhaps even launching a riding skill or athletics that effects peoples speed at foot or on horseback, so that players could chose to remain on foot (for increased rollplay of course) and so that players wouldnt be running around casting spells/throwing poison bottles on you and you have no chance of catching up... And yes I am a warrior :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm 

stop exploiting minor http bugs emo, we know how l33t and how much total inter 0wnage u have but cmon... stop being a script kiddie....

The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes preferred, since the right is not confined to verbal speech but is understood to protect any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:24 am 
Spiffy...Look to your left theres a window...Jump out off it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:33 am 

Quote:
stop exploiting minor http bugs emo, we know how l33t and how much total inter 0wnage u have but cmon... stop being a script kiddie....
Exploiting bugs? Just launch in a new skill, dont use an outside program to let your char move faster.

Do some resarch before you start acting like an asshole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:04 am 
Quote:
Quote:
Exploiting bugs? Just launch in a new skill, dont use an outside program to let your char move faster.

Do some resarch before you start acting like an jerk
JERK lol love that word

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:58 am 

I wrote a s s h o l e, but it was apperenty not allowed, and therefore it was transformed into "jerk"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:25 pm 

I am so bored... :P

Even though I think this idea falls under the NPC Smiths/Item Transferers that I said might discourage community interaction :oops: how about being able to purchase an Auctioneer Deed?

You could then place an item in their stock, set the starting bid price/increment amount/auction length (in days) and then just alert everyone on the boards where your house is. Also, the Auctioneer would have a custom "shout out" that is different from standard player owned Vendors.

Perspective buyers could view the auctioneers stock (by saying "auctioneer bid" or "[auctioneer name] bid"), double-click on the desired item and then bid based on the amount of gold in their bank account via the same sort of slider control used when splitting up gold piles. Should the winning bidder not have enough gold in their bank at the time the auction ends then the sale would go to the next highest bidder. The winner would have the item directly deposited into their bank box. Conversely, players that lost the auction could be notified by having a book deposited in their bank box with the auction info using the native book format (Title: [the item] By: [sellers name] Text Body: [character names and their bid amounts]).

Auctioneers should probably cost more than a simple Vendor to buy and maintain each day. In fact, it might even be a good idea for the Auctioneer to permanently *poof* should his or her daily maintenance fees run out. Also, owners should be able to purchase Auctioneer Runes in the Vendor Area to help facilitate potential buyers to locate them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:28 am 

A little spin-off to Cybershamans idea:

Why not place an auction house in a town?, you can set the starting price and the length of the auction. You place the item/items in the auction house (a vendor that holds it for you no less), then when the auction is finished, the Winner just takes the newly won Item from the auction house (a little scripting required of that I am sure) as it would seem it should not be allowed for the "seller" to withdraw the auction item once the set length of the auction is over.

No offense to the selling/auctioning thread on the forum said with this post, I just feelt like writing the idea down after reading Cybershamans post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:49 am 

Wouldn't that be neat if Rob came back after all these many months???

Rob - GM bank sitter/self-preservationist[Restless]
Ichigo - GM miner/blacksmith/ider/philanthropist[StoneD]
Cedar - GM Lumberjack/Master Tailor/Master Carpenter [Crafters]:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:12 pm 

I think yes that would be neat :)
Same as it would be if ALOT of ppl came back :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:09 am 

I'm assuming the contest is now officially closed

Anyhoo! I hope that at least some of us were close to providing both a challenge to the Gods o' Obs and something that everyone might like to see but hasn't seen elsewhere.

Good luck to all! But I hope this contest doesn't detract from working the last few bugs out first! ;)

Peace!

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 8 of 8   [ 118 posts ]
Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8