It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:15 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:47 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
grow up children. And quit dragging posts offtopic, i mean seriously... i'm suprised some of you aren't forum banned already for your distructive behaviors.

In any event, the anual christmas celebration that i do will still be held when the shard is up, even if it's in 2006. :P
we still need to do something while obsi is down :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:17 am 

Cant we even have a CHRISTMAS thread without bitching? :roll:

For those of you so nerd-like and socially deprived that you can't be civil at this time of year...

Please, STFU.

As a couple of you may have noticed I am going to be revisiting the forum more frequently from work until my PC is fixed, at which point I will be back in full swing.

Yes, guys - that means BANNINGS if you fall into my 'a$$hole' camp. Currently Ashes is huddled at a fire just outside, whereas Necrowarrior has pitched a tent in the middle. :wink:

You have been warned. :twisted:

I hope you all had a great christmas. Be nice :)

PS. Those of you that remember how pleasant we got the forums previously will know that this is not an idle threat. Both BB and CV have threatened stronger action and it has obviously fallen on deaf ears. The other moderators will be reporting back to me any incidents and we will clamp down on it once more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:58 am 

Quote:
Yes, guys - that means BANNINGS if you fall into my 'a$$hole' camp. Currently Ashes is huddled at a fire just outside, whereas Necrowarrior has pitched a tent in the middle. :wink:

You have been warned. :twisted:

I hope you all had a great christmas. Be nice :)

PS. Those of you that remember how pleasant we got the forums previously will know that this is not an idle threat. Both BB and CV have threatened stronger action and it has obviously fallen on deaf ears. The other moderators will be reporting back to me any incidents and we will clamp down on it once more...

*shrugs*

I haven't been the one in search of flames. I've responded when it's been directed towards me. Sorry to let ya down Thass, but you won't get to forum ban me this time around, I only attack when attacked, kinda like a bumble bee!

Besides, you're not the only person watching over these boards. I know for a fact there 1 and a 1/2 (yeah a half cause he's sorta active) active forum admins besides you on here, yet none of them find it nessicary to make a post telling "POSTERS TO BEWARE"

There's a fine line, but a line none the less, between flaming and having an opinion, and I generally (yes, generally, cause I know I DO flame from time to time) like to think my responses are in the latter.

Honestly though, the shards down, we get bored with nothing to do. Maybe lighten up abit and have some fun till we get the shard back.

I KNOW YOU WERE COOL AT ONE TIME THASS!! I STILL REMEMBER!!

EDIT: You forgot to make one of those sweet ass references to Dracula, where exactly is he in your little story? lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:32 am 

Dated 1st December:
Quote:
- Forums pruning. Removed a lot of negative posts and once again promoting positive communication in the community. We want to see people enjoying themselves again in Obsidian, not bitching at each other. Likewise going forward we are going to be a lot more sctrict about banning people from the forums for being racist and overly abusive to other players
Perhaps you missed this, huh?

Maybe you also missed the countless times BB has threatened stricter action?

At the end of the day, I am simply asking you not to be childish and flame. Sure, you may consider it harmless now but I am merely reminding you of the fine line you have crossed on many times and still exists between you and bandom.

I've never been quick to ban and I'm not about to start now, I've simply noticed from recent forum behaviour that certain individuals are reverting to old ways and this is not acceptable. To be fair I don't think you are doing anything serious, I am just hoping to nip this in the bud after past experiences which I am sure you can appreciate.

We all want everyone to get along especially at christmas time :)

As for other forum admin perusing the forums, this was always the case but the moderator system was gradually evolved by Cybervic and myself to become an effective unit for tackling forum problems to leave said higher staff to do more interesting things with their time for Obsidian.

BB making me forum admin was and is merely an extension of this ethos so I like to think that we can keep the boards harmonious and trouble-free without intervention from higher staff, don't you? That is what me and the other moderators are here for.

I dont think its unreasonable to point out that countless players, moderators, staff and forum admin have all taken exception to your conduct both ingame and on the boards - boredom is not an excuse.

Lets draw a line and start as we mean to go on :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:01 pm 

Im kool, i cant help it :(

EDIT: Im all so British and i cant help that either ashes so STFU :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:32 pm 

Ha ha he's british!! get him!!

BTW Thassius, most of what you might consider negative, or flaming, is also alot of harmless joking between friends. As I'm sure you know, Obsidian has an extremely tight social group here. Everyone knows everyone, hell it's nearly impossible to even keep a char secret. My point is, there's no one on the shard that I would actually MEAN any harm to (mainly cause they're all banned lmao..) most of what I say is jokingly, and a HUGE part of what I do is get in peoples heads and f*** with them, I know you enjoy that aswell and can appreciate the art behind it aswell, Vlad.

Anywho, I see no reason for this matter to go any furthur. I haven't done anything wrong yet, nor will I, so no reason to draw attention to me Thass, you're just giving me the attention that I'm apparently drawing with flames, right? :wink:

OVER AND OUT, CAPTAIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:00 pm 
...heh... Necrowarrior has "pitched a tent" in the middle of Thassius's "acehole camp"... hmmmmm....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:13 pm 

.. hidden messages? this scares me :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:29 pm 

Quote:
I dont think its unreasonable to point out that countless players, moderators, staff and forum admin have all taken exception to your conduct both ingame and on the boards
Right on brother.

Quote:
most of what I say is jokingly, and a HUGE part of what I do is get in peoples heads and **** with them
Which is almost as annoying as the fact that you talk too much, just like NW did... and it has a negative effect on the community. The only time I've had Echo and Cybervic jump on me around here was when I questioned the lack of holding everyone to the same standards as some of those who have been banned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:37 pm 

Listen. All persona's aside.

I play this for what it is, a game. If you read the rules, it says role-playing is encouraged. All I do is play my part as the pker. I enjoy f****** with people, it's part of who I am here.

You may not like the way I play the game, but does that mean I'm gunna stop playing it the way I do? Nope, because, yes, i AM an asshole, saying it over and over to me is doing nothing but continue helping me to be one.

BTW, I talk too much? Wow.. sorry for having an opinion and voicing it. Sorry that I don't enjoy playing a game while passively watching everything going on.

That's how I feel, and that's who I am. You don't like it, don't talk to me, but don't be a bitch and flame me, cause you're doing the exact same thing you're saying is annoying, and besides, I want you to flame me back, gives me reason to continue :wink:

Last edited by Emo on Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:40 pm 

Looking foward to it Duo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:41 pm 

Quote:
Looking foward to it Duo
Likewise.. actually I'm just looking forward to the shard being up at all :cry: :cry: :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:34 pm 

Quote:

i AM an jerk
That's bad grammar. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:12 pm 

Quote:
BTW, I talk too much?
Well, you did add the remainder of that posts text after this statement once you originally posted that you are just a jerk...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:26 pm 

Quote:
Yes, guys - that means BANNINGS if you fall into my 'a$$hole' camp.
Please, if you are going to insist on me cleaning up my behaviour and following the rules, maybe you could do the same?

Might I remind you.. In the words of teh ownz0r.
Quote:
8.) Deliberately circumventing the censor filter is prohibited;

P.S - Mann, it wasn't bad grammar, just the filer censored when I said bumhole is harsher terms.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next