It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:36 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 37 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:33 pm 
If I recall properly...

Around 6 months back orns suddenly decided to become non-tameable.
After that, it became cheifly irrelevant wether they spawned or not.

Although what happens behind the curtans stays a guess,
If it had been fixed, then I would expect a lot more orns in game.
So I would guess this is why they apper to no longer spawn.

But horses look a lot better anyways.

Rather then getting orns back, how about [0]nightmares be made to spawn in fairly accessible places & be tameable?
Or something better then grizzly bears.

[0] http://www.dxgaming.com/obsidian/skills/monsters.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:53 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Nightmares are to powerful in attack and would be used to pk plus the fact that they are monsters so you wont beable to tame them, Black stangs on the other hand is a different matter :wink:

Orns look better then horse's and it would be nice to see all 3 different types in game again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:17 pm 
Quote:
Nightmares are to powerful in attack and would be used to pk [...]
That's precisely the idea. Why should PK'ing be reserved for mages?

At the moment, the best a tamer can get is a handfull of grizzlies.
But even if they're superhumanly agile, grizzly attacks are very easy to evade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:29 pm 

just curious..what about drakes, is it possible to tame them(dying a non issue) or is taming of drakes disabled?

and if it is, anyone tried it before?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:53 pm 
Iv' tried taming drakes of several colors, tried feeding them, getting killed by them with a red char so they become blue...

No se work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:57 pm 

Because drakes are monsters not animals or somethink, CyberVic is best at this, but yeah I only made my tamer because I wanted a drake.

And a nightmare could prolly take on 5-10 people thats why its not a pking tool......lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:39 am 

Website: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Leylah
Yahoo Messenger: habiba_87
tamers arent obligated to use grizzlies to kill stuff, theres plenty other animals out there that would be good to tame to welll....kill...stuf..

white bears are quite fantillyastic, lots faster than grizzlies and take and give more damage(i think). even if they take a while longer to tame.

But obviously theres no comparison between a bear and a drake,nightmare.

tamers should be able to tame drakes and black kitties and other stuff that they cant tame! It'd make it a lot more interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:00 am 
Game Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Nightmare's and Drakes/Dragons are likely to never be incorporated into the list of tamable creatures, purely because it will completely change the dynamics of the shard.

Eg: Tamers will become hugely popular and make the majority of the money selling shrunken dragons/drakes.
And then there's PvP.......imagine someone unshrinking a blue dragon inside an e-wall. There'd be no real fun - it would just be to see who has the bigger dragon.

Black cats would be a cool thing to be able to tame and maybe small monsters/weak monsters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:02 am 

You could all ways make it so dragons/drakes cant attack a player...

EDIT: i think tamable dragons/drakes would be kool for the people who only want to pvm and not pvp.

ANOTHER EDIT: And could make it so you need gm taming to be able to control them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:19 am 

How much taming skill does it take to tame an orn?......... just wondering in case they ever get fixed :P and also I have tamed panthers b4 when they are red....but if they see you and attack you you cant tame them cuz they are "too angry to tame."

Last edited by belgarion on Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:20 am 

99% I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:25 am 

u can incorporate mares and drakes etc. first off a drake or mare would not be shrinkable and would have to be stabled at a stabler, brit serps etc. Second of all u would have to make it so only a gm tamer could use those animals/ride them. u could transfer the pet to a pk or whatever but the drake would just roam free cause the players taming is to low to control the animal, if it was based on taming like that it wouldnt be that bad, if a tamer used a mare to pk people he would get kills, and a tamer cant make much money when hes red and cant go into vesper to sell his goods :P

edit: also a mare isnt that fast and has a limited amount of mana wouldnt really be good for pking as long as u get through its initial magic attacks hes just a horse chassing u, pking with a mare would only be able to kill noobs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:36 am 

Nightmares pack a punch, when we fought some in a monster bash they didnt take it lying down even with 6-7 people pounding the shit out of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:36 am 

taming monsters is a nice idea but not for this shard.

bards/tamers hunting makes for a very boring pvm it kills it instead of making it better. its fun for a little while then youre just standing there watching your pets own everything with no risk to yourself. sounds too much like your generic uo gateway random shard shit to me. one of the reasons i love obsidian is that the cheap skills are disabled. just my opinion.

and who would want to win a fight by throwing dragons onto a player who is loads more skilled in pvp than you, worked twice as hard as you did, but cant defeat an unstoppable force, so he leaves the shard. hmmm its very interesting yes but doesnt fit in here. maybe the higher staff can find a way to make it work, i dont see anything but negative in the long term though personally.

go play one of the 500 or so shitty runuo generic bard enabled shards that makes you a pvm god and get it out of your system. we will be here next week when youre sick of it.

and orns requirements are random i think. or based on their randomly spawned stats somehow, cause ive seen them take 99 and ive seen them take as low as 90. i want to say i even seen a higher 80's one. all you have to do is try to tame it with a character that isnt high enough and it will tell you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:56 am 

I agree with Drizzt no taming drakes or any monsters but I think making black stangs spawn would be a cool thing for tamers to go after.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 37 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next