It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:14 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: Dracolitche
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:25 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

i really enjoyed being able to head into the dungeons and solo some hard stuff and come out with 5 or 6 vanqs in a few hours. granted, I would die a lot, and most of the items I got were useless...but if I found 1 vanq a week that I was able to use, it was a good week.

Now, it's very much impossible to get the same level of enjoyment from this game that I got years ago....I tried, but I find myself spending more time in disagreement with changes then I do enjoying the changes.....which is not how I want to spend my time.

I'm gonna go play dragon age.....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:41 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
yeah it feels like shits gonna get way too hard the way its going to the point that its just frustrating instead of fun. i feel like kid icarus on the NES is even easier than this

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah well, look at it this way:

You now have something that takes work, but is also something you can be proud of.
Power is the new vanquishing. You're still equal to 99% of people if you don't hunt bosses, and can build up your weapon arsenal.
If you want vanquishings, go fight the bosses. As i said soon there will be a lot more, so it's not gonna be the lameness it is currently.
Also, don't hold me to this, but vanq weapons will probably have a method of being character bound (newbied but can only be used by that character), so you don't risk your super ultra rare axe you worked hard for on some 5 v 1 pvp gank.
This is something broadband's wanted to implement for a long time (newbied/insurance on expensive items so they can get used properly), and i think i've almost figuerd out the balance for it to get in on high end weapons/armor.

Also keep in mind, each boss will have special loot as well, so yeah it might be easier to hunt 9 elementals for the same gold, but 9 elementals won't drop vanqs or special loot. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:25 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
to bob-
that just sounds like the cover up for basic annoyance lol

and to judas
Quote:
Do people forget that Obsidian is not a brand new game? BB and Cybervic set the system the way it was for a reason. Oh wait! Maybe it is a whole new game, but in that case, it's not nearly as good.
stop bitchin?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

Call it what you wanted, but with literally every other age 20-25 char running around with a chest of the "best weapons in the game" seems rather silly to me. I'd rather bump power up to the standard equip everyone has, and make having vanqs a little more special. Plus this way i can add some extra abilities that are vanquishing only, without too much power creep.

People complained it was too easy to max out and had nothing left to do, so i've given them something. The only thing really making vanqs that hard to get is that there are only 6 bosses in the game. Which will change with the boss patch to a much more reasonable number.

Also king goo's are now considered bosses.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:50 am 

Quote:
Also king goo's are now considered bosses.
ahh ok :) this is what i wanted!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:15 pm 

OMG who said it was too hard to max out? the only reason it isnt hard is becuase they are already maxed. its not that easy to max out.

i am ok with the weps to a point. i agree it should be harder to get vanq....but when a hard monster drops a ruin and a might or one peice of blue armor and one red armor that is what stinks. instead of drakes dropping ruin and might, they should drop between mmight and power at an equal rate and GOLD ARMOR is NOT a good replacement for a good wep. someone said they got one bag of gold chain off a shadow drake which are quite hard. that armor is NOT that good, +12 over plate? thats nothing really, not in place of a good wep. just my thoughts.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:52 pm 

well givin what bob just said in his previous post it makes since the way it is now,
not that i agree but,,, it does make since

he wants + 7 weps to be like vanqs b4.... and as you know b4 u couldnt get vanqs off of drakes, u had to go to ettin lords or w,e
(which you no longer can do) but now instead of ettin lords or dragons in lvl 3 destard you have to do monster bosses in levels with puzzles (which i HATE and think its stupid gay annoying and unneccissary, seeing as when you solve it one time, its just a basic routine after that,, just replace some variables. after the firsttime all excitement of solvingit is taken away, and it just becomes a hassle)
but ya, now u might even have to wqait till a boss to go shadow to have a shot at getting a vanq wep :roll:

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2