Do you have a 360 or Ps3?
Xbox 360  50%  [ 6 ]
Play Station 3  50%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Re: Xbox 360 Slim
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:34 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
my samsung led cost $2400 and is worth every cent.
damn bro.....I wish i can afford that shit....Im good with the 50 inch plasma i bought last year for 1k.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:29 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
my samsung led cost $2400 and is worth every cent.
damn bro.....I wish i can afford that shit....Im good with the 50 inch plasma i bought last year for 1k.

Watch out for plasma tv's tho i hear it is really easy to get screen burn.

The main thing i don't like about wii is all the games are too cartoony, i mean Mario Bros? Really? Mario Bros was a good game back when all graffics sucked. Now it just sucks period.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:49 pm 

Quote:
i have ps3 360 and a decent gaming pc. as soon as sony releases the motion controller stuff they have planned it will make ps3 do everything wii does but better and in hd. wii gfx are shitty.

360 actually streams good it just isnt as flexible with formats as ps3. and in case someone doesnt know never stream wirelessly it works ok but wired is way better esp for hd. ps3 is simply better than 360 in most every way but i will say that xblive gold is a really great solid stable experience and worth the small fee imo. ask ur friend if he has tried tversity or ps3 media server both are must have imo for streaming.

god of war 3 looks fng great on ps3 with my setup. for me the difference in gfx isnt as big as it used to be since i got a decent hdtv. pc still looks better of course but not the major difference it was when we all had shit standard res tvs.
And what about 360's kinect? Itll be WAAAAY better hen the ps3's motion control, it captures your whole body, not the light on the end of your wands

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:41 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

It's all speculation right now...no reviewers have gotten their hands on it yet. It might work like crap...all we have from Microsoft is their word that this new product is great, and I've heard that from them too many times to be fooled again.

It might work great, but I can't justify spending money for something that might or might not work as advertised.

On a side note, I bought my 46" LCD for 1300 a few years ago. At that time LEDs were still priced as any new technology is...really high. Look at what we have now....for the price I paid for my TV you can get the same size, but an LED at 240Hz with an infinite contrast ratio and 5 HDMI inputs. According to http://www.tomshardware.com the price of LEDs will drop below the price of LCDs within 2 years, and within 2 years after that LCDs will become altogether obsolete. At that time the latest and greatest will be the organic LEDs with their inherent touchscreen, 1/2 thick profile, ability to flex to display a concave surface, and of course...the really high "new tech" price tag. in 10 to 15 years people are predicting that TV screens will be able to be simply painted onto any flat surface, effectively turning any wall (and every wall for the people willing to spend the money) into a TV. Your resolution will be purchased in a can, the more variable the resolution the more expensive the can.

ok, I went off my tangent......

anyway, my Wii graphics look like crap, but the games are fun.

PS: I's shocked they still make plasma TVs.......

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:49 pm 

Quote:
It's all speculation right now...no reviewers have gotten their hands on it yet. It might work like crap...all we have from Microsoft is their word that this new product is great, and I've heard that from them too many times to be fooled again.

It might work great, but I can't justify spending money for something that might or might not work as advertised.

On a side note, I bought my 46" LCD for 1300 a few years ago. At that time LEDs were still priced as any new technology is...really high. Look at what we have now....for the price I paid for my TV you can get the same size, but an LED at 240Hz with an infinite contrast ratio and 5 HDMI inputs. According to http://www.tomshardware.com the price of LEDs will drop below the price of LCDs within 2 years, and within 2 years after that LCDs will become altogether obsolete. At that time the latest and greatest will be the organic LEDs with their inherent touchscreen, 1/2 thick profile, ability to flex to display a concave surface, and of course...the really high "new tech" price tag. in 10 to 15 years people are predicting that TV screens will be able to be simply painted onto any flat surface, effectively turning any wall (and every wall for the people willing to spend the money) into a TV. Your resolution will be purchased in a can, the more variable the resolution the more expensive the can.

ok, I went off my tangent......

anyway, my Wii graphics look like crap, but the games are fun.

PS: I's shocked they still make plasma TVs.......
Actually I was shocked as well..plasmas to lcds to leds to 3d tvs can't help but wonder whats the next big thing technology will sell us...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:04 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
actually, wii will be coming out with games for 'hard core' gamers through the next cycle... oldschool games and shit! actually made me want a wii.. i almost cried watching coverage of E3

games that are coming out that shocked me the good way-

donkey kong country 0_o looks soooo cool
kirby
metroid anther m or some shit like that. side scrolling game like old one.. looks greeeat
i want anther metroid prime tho :(
and i think there was anther side scrolling mario coming out.. but no one gives a shit about mario any more........

theres also a micky mouse games that has been getting alot of thumbs up... but f*** that lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:42 am 

I'll be getting that new Tron game for Wii and PC, as the Wii version has a different mode than the other versions. I'll probably at least get one of them used though after the price comes down.

Metroid other M does look awesome I think, but I still haven't gotten around to beating the 1st Prime lol

Haha Mickey Mouse.. I say f that too. Although, Mickey Mouse in the Castle of Illusion for Sega Genesis was actually a cool game back when it came out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:06 pm 

u guyz really need to trade that shit in for a ps3. its sad really. :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:24 am 

Quote:

It might work great, but I can't justify spending money for something that might or might not work as advertised

IF you watched E3, you would have seen them use the Kinect, it works amazingly, and itll be well worth the money, they advertised a bunch of games, and we got to watch them all in actual gameplay with someone using the kinect. Interwebz more.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:23 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i dun have a wii.. was gonna buy it to play donkey kong tho

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:07 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

It might work great, but I can't justify spending money for something that might or might not work as advertised

IF you watched E3, you would have seen them use the Kinect, it works amazingly, and itll be well worth the money, they advertised a bunch of games, and we got to watch them all in actual gameplay with someone using the kinect. Interwebz more.
I'm still not going to decide to buy until I hear some word of mouth from people who already own it. It's a lot of money to spend for an addition to a game system that's closer to the end of it's life then the middle.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:43 am 
I currently have a PS3 and a Nintendo 64.
I prefer PS3 because a friend of mine has gone through 3 Xbox 360 due to them breaking for various reasons.
I still think N64 are great (Goldeneye and Mario Kart)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:39 am 

Activision is remaking goldeneye as a wii exclusice.....that will probably be the last wii game I buy before the next gen platforms come cout.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:25 am 
Yes that is correct, It will be interesting

Shaturu :!:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:56 am 

I'm normally not a sucker for this sort of thing.. but I MUST have that Wiimote:

They are releasing Tron keyboard and mouse for PC as well but the price will be too insane for me. 130$ for a KEYBOARD?! Ha!

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next