It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:45 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:41 pm 

Or you could make it just like dropping a runestone if you are not fully healed it wont let you through. Also i don't think the moongates really keep you from having to run through the map as they are only placed in certain areas. The moogates are most useful in getting to places you can't run to like Moonglow or Jhelom.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:14 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
and yew*

Just make it so that if you choose a location, that location will be stuck on it for like a few minutes or so.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:27 am 

sounds good to me ... it's what I said in my thread. I agree with Bob I think we need to promote more over world travelling... I don't like using the RC much but since the moongates were changed I pretty much have to...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:10 am 

How about we change it so that blues can access the Moongates, but not reds? That way there is no timer and crafters (or blue players in general) can access the gates without any restrictions. Idk if everyone would be up for that, but I think its a good suggestion.

I mean I like traveling on horse and just exploring Obsidian, but Jhelomn and other places such as that can only be accessed through the gates. So putting a timer (even a little one) is pretty discouraging IMO.

But as always it's up to Bob to decide how the Moongates operate in the world.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:32 pm 

Quote:
Or you could make it just like dropping a runestone if you are not fully healed it wont let you through. Also i don't think the moongates really keep you from having to run through the map as they are only placed in certain areas. The moogates are most useful in getting to places you can't run to like Moonglow or Jhelom.
Thats a bad idea imo.
I hate that after i die, and i cant access my body to heal up and what not, im not able to rune out, so i use a moon gate, but thatll make that useless aswell...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:24 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Dear Traveller,

Any of Lord British's subjects who has voyaged through the lands of Sosaria is undoubtedly aware that a long journey can be perilous for the unprepared traveller. Only the hardiest and most knowledgeable of souls should venture alone into the wilderness, for strange creatures and unsavory bandits await the unwary. It is a foolish traveller who ventures overland without a strong sword arm, mystical defenses, or a party of true companions.

Unfortunately, the perils of travel stifle the economic progress and cultural interchange created by inter-city trade. To relieve this hardship, Lord British has encharged the most powerful sorcerors of our land to create the moongates. Timed by the transit of Sosaria's twin moons, the moongates serve as magic portals between the busiest regions of our fair world. These portals can be used freely by all; no longer must the skills of a master magician be contracted to provide such transportation.

Although the areas immediately surrounding the moongates are patrolled by Lord British's guards, one must take care not to be ambushed by the ruffians and rogues that atimes lay in waiting near the gates. However, as the gates lie near the major cities of the realm, a quick dash to safety can be made once one gains familiarity with the proximity of the gates to their corresponding cities.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:28 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
what he said ^^^^

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:46 am 

nosympathy, the whole point of this change was so blues could not escape pks...so ur idea is counter productive

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:46 pm 

Quote:
nosympathy, the whole point of this change was so blues could not escape pks...so ur idea is counter productive
Oh sorry, must have skimmed that part :(

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:18 am 

LEARN 2 READ!!!!

L2P!

L2TLD (LEARN 2 TALK LIKE DIS!)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:25 am 

:) I like Drizzt's post...

And agree with the dislike of the new way the gates function. I don't understand though why if somebody did ever use the gates to escape a pk, why that would be a bad thing? Are you not then only left with the options of either running to the nearest guarded area or confronting your agrressor - whether or not your char is pvp or a crafter?

Granted you could say 'don't venture out of town then'...but that is to much of a narrow view in my opinion.

My vote therefore is not to implement any proposed changes, but to simply revert it back to the way it was.
Quote:
Alright, lets get alternative ideas then.

The reason for this change was two-fold.
1. is to prevent the pk escape situation...
2. To promote actual travel in the overworld...
For your second point - I agree with the need to prompt travel around the world. This may belong in a different topic may be, but my suggestion for this would be to limit where the Rune Chamber can go i.e. just Brit and/or Vesper for people to stock up on basic necessities - and further transport after this should then be left to recalling, by foot, mount and boats :)

All just my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:39 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
or rune stones :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:19 pm 

Quote:
Here's my Idea:

Once you step into the moongate it brings up a menu and you choose your destination. Don't put in some ridiculous timer... maybe like 10 seconds or so should be good but the only stipulation is if you're being attacked, the attempt to travel fails and you'll have to try the whole process again. Sounds reasonable for people just wanting to explore and rely on moongates to take them to towns not accessible by the rune chamber and will end pk escapes.
this idea seems the most resonable, but instead of the, if your being attacked option, why not like the deathstone in deceit, everyone within so many steps of you is transported with you. so the fight can continue.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:17 pm 

I just think the simplest idea is " If it ain't broke, don't fix it." This time could be spent on fixing things that really do need the time invested.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

Oh this was a 45 second patch, so it was hardly time out. I did it when i was modifying the weather and moon system. That being said, it is needed, as the fact is most players use only 5% of the playable area. Heck i doubt if i held a footrace between vesper and minoc if people would make it in a timely fashion.
I just wanted moongates in a solved state before the runestone chamber blows up.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next