It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:19 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: New Taxes
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:34 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
I have about 1.75 million worth of property. That is 175k per month at 10%.

Ok, taxes are good and all, but taxes are also implemented to serve a purpose. At this point, there is no real purpose to add taxes. We all know that taxes irl are to help pave roads, water lines etc. This is not the real world. On a server like this, there are several reasons why there should be taxes:
1- Keep housing space available for more players instead of people like me taking all the prime real estate
2- Avoid an excess of decayed houses by using taxes as a deterrent
3- Taxes force players to play more to pay them
4- Taxes could be collected, counted and used as prizes or contribute to an in game lottery system for those who paid them
--Just a suggestion :)

These are all great reasons to HAVE taxes...when the game has a sustainable player base.
At this point, that is not what we have. Let us further examine points 1 to 3:
1- More space is not needed for new players because there are none
2- Once houses decay due to inactivity they should be deleted before taxes are implemented...although taxes should be implemented when the player base recovers and new players are being recruited on a more regular basis.
3- At this point taxes on housing may entice players to come back and hunt a bit....for a while. This will soon change to having to work on an empty server with no fun to pay for taxes. This will probably push people to question if being taxes for lack of fun is worth their time. Then it becomes a stay or quit situation that I am sure everyone would rather avoid.

So, what I would suggest, in my humblest opinion :roll: is this:
A- Implement any vital patches that are left
B- Mass mail everyone on the forums giving an update and a link tot he change logs and the download link
C- Recruit using the top 100 list and a recruitment drive that would reward the player who refers the most new players
D- Fully staff the game with player GMs etc. PAY THEM with ingame gold to their player accounts. The more events, the more pay they get. Simple as that. Add in performance reviews to keep them honest and effective.
E- Add taxes now.
F- Work on major team/guild quests and other cool things that will keep players logged on.

So what I am saying is that adding taxes too early can be shooting ourselves in the foot. While taxes are a vital part of our game, they are not going to help in the short term.

Sorry, it was a long post.
I agree with everything, except paying the staffs player account. That is unfair, I would be staff for free, and there getting payed for it!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:27 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
what todd said lol

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:40 am 

the only good reason ive heard for not paying taxes yet is becuase of gold wipe, even though that was years ago, and you should have played enough to have some of your cash to pay for taxes by now.

the only reason its a good reason though is that if you want some of the old players to come back, and they have some BIG houses(little ones dont apply), then the taxes would be pretty heavy to pay right off the bat with low funds, and it would stink to have house decay for that reason.

how about we offer the option that you can "winterize" your house through a gm and it would not decay, but you would have to pay like 20% of the value of that house to get it "unwinterized" and you could NOT access the house while it was in this condition. this may allow a little more flexibility for some old(used to be rich and have alot of real estate) people to come back a little easeir.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:52 am 

I like that idea Falin. Now that being said, the only problem I could see with it is people like Aleksander. They have a lot of houses, and they are space consuming. Sure if he winterives a house it will make taxes easier on him, but that big house is still there, taxes are not being paid on it. It can stay there forever. So people would have a bunch of frozen houses.

How about instead, make it so that if you have a house frozen, you can not place another house untill that one is un-frozen. Still keeping that 20% un-freeze tax, thats a good idea. :D

Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:59 am 

i cant take you seriuos untill you put your dress back on!

Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:26 pm 

Well I am use to being overly and heavily and extremely and entirely taxed to death(I live in NYC)......I did move so for some reason I get alot of lag couldnt even log in last night. I got 15k maybe in my entire account. How about when we craft items make it sell for a much higher price to npc vendors?.....hopefully I can sneak some power time this weekend and just hunt for 5 hours straight and maybe get to 50k..

P.S Is there a option to sell the house in game?...

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:39 pm 

Hunting aside there is still the matter of crafters having noone to sell their stuff too. Player base has a huge affect on the economy and that should affect how high taxes are put as well. Some people just don't have the time to hunt all the time to pay taxes.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:04 pm 

Quote:
i cant take you seriuos untill you put your dress back on!
Does it make me look pretty :oops:

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:09 pm 

Falin, your idea sounds good at first glance to a player. Imagine what staff would feel like having to implement it. Imagine with so few staff online when needed, trying to get a house unfrozen. Good luck with that lol.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one.
That being to delay taxes until the player base is high enough to warrant them.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:21 pm 

Quote:
Falin, your idea sounds good at first glance to a player. Imagine what staff would feel like having to implement it. Imagine with so few staff online when needed, trying to get a house unfrozen. Good luck with that lol.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one.
That being to delay taxes until the player base is high enough to warrant them.
well its like ive thought for a long time and i beleive letholdus said well recently, if all you "old" players that are always commenting on forums that we dont have players, would actually play the game...we would have players AND you would have cash to pay your taxes.

Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:57 pm 

Perhaps when an effort is made to add new players and active staff as well as having everything function as it should, then players might return and play more often.
Some people, unlike yourself, dislike wasting their time. That is what it seems like until things get moving. I still hold that taxes should be implemented at a more suitable date. However, for people with masochistic tendencies such as yourself, I suggest a voluntary taxes box should be left at the bank. That way, you can hunt all day...alone...and when done, drop the profits into that box.
Everyone is happy now!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:24 am 

I agree with Alek.. Falin can pay our taxes!

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2