It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:01 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 44 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:30 pm 
oh... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:50 pm 
some of th ere stuff is ok but htey still a commercial punk band and not a real punk band

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:18 pm 
they've definitely sold out; just notice all the advertisements they're on lately

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:36 pm 

Quote:
oh, and I have a vagina....
prove it 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:41 pm 
....no? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:36 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
oh, and I have a vagina....
prove it 8)
...is this in topic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:43 pm 
no.. but this whole section of the message board is labeled "off-topic chatter"... soooo... where you gettin at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:54 pm 

Quote:
no.. but this whole section of the message board is labeled "off-topic chatter"... soooo... where you gettin at?
your vagina :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:07 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

i like nekkid wimmin and cinnamon krunchers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:46 pm 
jesus of suburbia is a metaphor, they're trying to say that there is no jesus for the poor, that redemption has been taken over by rich people bla bla bla targeted message, clichee, crap. i hate thezist songs. especially *commercial* thezist songs.

tyger, there are some lyrics worth analyzing - but mostly from old bands like pink floyd or from the eclectic/trip hop/ambiental/nu jazz scene. I wrote a 4 page essay in wich i analysed from a literary point of view the lyrics from bjork's "vespertine" for a cultural magazine - some of those texts stand for themselves as poems - although the experience of enjoying the whole album is much better than the sheer pleasure of reading the poems/lyrics. unfortunately i don't have the essay translated and i doubt you can understand my language otherwise i would have sent it to you if you were interested. the discussion on the balance of lyrics - melody in a song is a long - and interesting - one, but i doubt this is the place for it.

enjoy the songs as they were intended - as a whole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:54 pm 

Quote:
jesus of suburbia is a metaphor, they're trying to say that there is no jesus for the poor, that redemption has been taken over by rich people bla bla bla targeted message, clichee, crap. i hate thezist songs. especially *commercial* thezist songs.

tyger, there are some lyrics worth analyzing - but mostly from old bands like pink floyd or from the eclectic/trip hop/ambiental/nu jazz scene. I wrote a 4 page essay in wich i analysed from a literary point of view the lyrics from bjork's "vespertine" for a cultural magazine - some of those texts stand for themselves as poems - although the experience of enjoying the whole album is much better than the sheer pleasure of reading the poems/lyrics. unfortunately i don't have the essay translated and i doubt you can understand my language otherwise i would have sent it to you if you were interested. the discussion on the balance of lyrics - melody in a song is a long - and interesting - one, but i doubt this is the place for it.

enjoy the songs as they were intended - as a whole.
yea i agree most of old band have good world
and pink floyd indeed 1 of them
and tayger some weird ppl like me enjoy to listyen to what they say and not just hear it is a part of the fun
yea i dont realy give f*** about what new band say cuz it full of shit
but some still have a song of 2 that he more then the money
anyway if i want just the music with out word i just trance music :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:01 pm 
okay, you guys didnt get what I was saying.. maybe I said it wrong. Oh well, dont wanna write about it anymore.

And that jesus of suburbia thing...
lmfao.. that is f****** hilarious.
So you're saying that Green Day, WHO HAVE MADE MILLIONS FROM THEIR PROFESSION.. are trying to defend the poor, as if they have room to speak about the poor?

If that's true, then that's f****** HILARIOUS. I f****** loovveeeee when rich ass musicians speak about how evil the rich are.. ah god... goooooood shit, wooo go Green Day, you're my savior WOOOOHOOO! ROCK ON! WOOOO YEAH THEM RICH BASTARDS ARE SO BADDDD.. WOOO!

f***** lammeee...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:04 pm 
yeah, i know, it's hilarious. they're loaded with money yet still want more while exploiting people's prejudice, stereotipies and what not. they figured: "hey, there's more poor people out there than rich ones, so we should sing something for them, maybe they'll buy our albums". Hence the "commercial" part of my sentece. Where's the "punk spirit" in that, I ask you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:10 pm 
haha.. god that is f***** low...
Oh well, they arent the first one, and defiently not the last. Shit loads of musicians/actors/etc... have all done this shit.. grabbing pity from a class of people they have never been apart of, or grabbing pity for their semi-shitty childhood, in which they constantly go back to how hard that was for them (while flashing their 1.5 million dollar diamond necklaces)... f*****' low ass pieces of shit.
Woooo go famous people!
Now lets interrept these shitty, fake lyrics more, cuz it's sooooo important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:28 am 
this is a complete guess but i think they are talking about how kids in surburban areas have changed the view of jesus and act as if it is no big deal. in most parts of the country religion is a very serious and special matter and people actually worship their saviors, while here in surburban america it's different

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 44 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next