It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:28 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:22 pm 

Quote:
Macro stones were designed by BB to catch people 'suspected' of macroing AFK or training a skill AFK through other automated means. This for example could involve a bug (I'm not going to list any here) or something as inane as Anatomy.

If, however, a staffmember has evidence that you have been training a skill AFK, then they can apply any punishment at their discretion that befits the crime. If a GM or Admin catches you then you can expect a more severe punishment if this is not your first offence.

There is no concrete rule that states a staffmember has to give you a full macro stone countdown before punishing you for AFK macroing. If a staffmember does not receive a verbal response within a suitable timeframe then you are considered AFK. A Macro Stone is 300 seconds, that doesn't mean that you have to AFK train for 5 minutes before you get punished.
[/b]
I have a hard time with training, I find it too damn boring. So I have been advised my many to just turn on a macro and go afk, but afk/macroing is cheating. I agree with you Thassius (for once lol) sometimes the macro stone is not an option. I have seen too much afk/macroing lately and it makes me angry to see all of these players who have GMed everything in a few days and I have to work my a$$ off to get anywhere with my players, today I deleted three of my chars because I am getting frustrated at the amount of ppl asking me what my problem was they gmed in a week and my chars have been around for a month or more.

I would just like to know why staff drop stones or drop in themselves when it is quite obvious that the player is niether afk or macroing. I get more staff drop in on me when I am wondering around than I do when I am standing there doing nothing. lol

But its still fun to watch them
fall down the stairs.
-------------------------------------------------------
Whisper Hunter- Tank-Mage (sort of lmao!)(GWAR)
Saga Hellfire- GM Tamer (TLC)
Raine- GM Macefighter (KoDR)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:24 pm 

Yeah.... I get rather annoyed when I'm running out killing spawns and I'm stopped and have to "explain" that I'm not AFK - use common sense..

I understand that macro stones can only do so much, and that some staff like to deal with it then and there, if this is the case, atleast make yourself visable and speak a few times to give us a chance to see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:22 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
......and dont put macro stones on/under yellow flowers...took me like 2 minutes to see where it was....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:30 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I won't answer staff if they are invis, It really annoys me when they are invis in my house, that's just plain rude. If you wanna chat, show yourself!

Also when I was training resist, echo use to stone me a few times a day sometimes it was once, but I would never have to reply or click the stone within 30 seconds. If you think someone is AFK IMO you should let the stone run it's time.

Also IMO you should never stone any of my chars because of how elite I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:43 am 

Quote:
I won't answer staff if they are invis, It really annoys me when they are invis in my house, that's just plain rude. If you wanna chat, show yourself!

Also when I was training resist, echo use to stone me a few times a day sometimes it was once, but I would never have to reply or click the stone within 30 seconds. If you think someone is AFK IMO you should let the stone run it's time.

Also IMO you should never stone any of my chars because of how elite I am.
I think even being hidden is silly, as it gets stuck with the text on the left as an "Event" and events disapeer from their in a MILA SECOND when I have a macro going.
So either .unhide, or drop a macrostone BLATENTLY infront of some one, if your going to hide it, let it kick them, if your into removing skill, drop it infront of the player, and wait about a min, and before the macro stone kicks them, delete it, and .unhide, say are you their, if no, then drop their skill.

But if your going to be tricky, and have the 2 things that players cant see when macroing(talking while hidden, putting macro stone some where not obvious. both when typing show up on the left of the screen, weather its staff saying "YOU BETTER NOT BE AFK MACROING" or the stones auto message of "you have ### seconds to click the stone" as those dont stay in the screen), UNLESS the player is using UO loop with a delay.
The in-game macro is their, and is good to use, but holding it down makes to many events fly through the screen, and staff should take this into account.

No one ever say "its a stupid excuse", staff should blatently place the stone under your nose, or .unhide... cause if your AFK, those are the two things that can 100% confirm it!
Theirs no point in being tricky, its not like where 1337 hackers with a "Macro Stone Scanner" running, if their even was such a thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:46 pm 

stop cheating and you wont have to worry about it hackers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:57 pm 

Quote:
Drizzt taught me how to hack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:06 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Then you hacked your own account? LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:19 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Then you hacked your own account? LOL

Let's not even start talking about who hacked who's account. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:29 pm 

No staff member should be applying jailtime unless (as specified above) they have evidence that you are actually macroing whilst AFK.

Being AFK is not illegal in itself under our rules. However, AFK macroing is!

Basically it depends on whether we 'suspect' or have 'evidence' you are rulebreaking:

> If we suspect you are macroing, and you are AFK, then we will macro stone you.

> If we've evidence you are macroing, but just suspect you are AFK, we will check - generally verbally. If found to be AFK, you should expect jail.

> If we've evidence you are macroing, and we've evidence you are AFK, you should expect jail.

I hope that clarifies.

... and if any staff member is abusing macro stones (beyond the odd occassion) to annoy players who are blatantly not AFK - or indeed if they are placing macro stones in unattainable places, then of course this is a separate issue that will be looked into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:57 pm 

I can honestly say that I have never had too many prob. with this. I think staff as a whole do a good job, but I havent been training skills latley. I will say that one time I actually got a macro stone from a staff and it was placed outside my house and I was inside. He latter said it was a mistake but it did take me about a solid 2 minutes to find!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:35 pm 

Quote:
I can honestly say that I have never had too many prob. with this. I think staff as a whole do a good job, but I havent been training skills latley. I will say that one time I actually got a macro stone from a staff and it was placed outside my house and I was inside. He latter said it was a mistake but it did take me about a solid 2 minutes to find!
Only once that i can think of when i was training my PvM mage in cove gy. I answered a message on msn talked for like maybe 15 seconds and when i came back i was in the timeout room. Couldn't even tell you who did it but really not a big deal i was there for an hour then i went right back to cove gy again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:38 pm 

Quote:
IMO, "the journal was flooded" is a piss poor excuse. Just because you want to make your life easier by putting pennies on a button, fine. But you better be extra alert. If you're watching the game, you can just as easily press the button at the time it needs and not flood. That's like complaining that you can't read what staff says because you have set text to dissapear after .1 seconds on screen, or that you didn't hear thassius saying something because you ignored him(it's under options, go check). It's a self-induced problem and is not a valid excuse.
Agreed, 110%
If staff pops up next to you, no matter what they say, you should respond, you do not have to know what there saying, any response signaling your not afk would do.
Also, location of macro stone should have no relation anyway, If your not afk you should notice it and have way more than enough time to lay down a rune to runestone chamber, than click on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:48 pm 

Quote:
Also, location of macro stone should have no relation anyway, If your not afk you should notice it and have way more than enough time to lay down a rune to runestone chamber, than click on it.
For people that don't get this. If you can't find it just leave the area. It will not dc you if you rune or leave the area it is in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:12 am 

i didnt know that:/

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next