It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:14 pm

Forum locked Post a reply Page 4 of 6   [ 89 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:59 am 
i think this no weapons in town issue started because there were too many corpses in vesper if i recall corectly. and i remember seeing bb say that this decision is irevocable or something like it.[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:14 am 
irevocable? well i woud jus say that at this point that would be a very foolish move.. i dont remember him saying that but i can say that anyone in their rite mind can see it is a total mess...
u kno... its not the no fighting in town that bothers me... its all the other stuff.. i tell u what.. u know what why stop at that.. u know what fuk it all ill be happy if this is done take away all GAINS away from town and we will call it fair. and done.. town only ment for banking/shopin/chating.. and nothing else... there ya go.. that makes more sense... least that way i cant get wrestling gains in town by mistake...

u know what i doubt this will be fixed and i dont care... just like this there has been many issues that should have been redone that hasn't.. its all pride... and ppl not wanting to redo what they done.. thats all it boils down to... otherwise... u tell me the positive side of it... or better yet... have BB tell me the positive.. or point of the no pvp in town.. no wepon in town.. whatever u to call it....
want
Shard was fine and was fun back before all these changes...whats it now? Nuff Said... Count rests his case...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:20 am 
well i remember him saying that if people want to fight they should go outside and that the town is not a place to fight but a place to rest, bank and what not. at that time there were massive complains about people being killed in town and that made bb sick. i don't really see any benefits from this, at that time it was thought that new players won't quit because of being killed in town and that they won't harass the staff with pages. i don't know, it seems that new players quit nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:39 am 
well for one... u cant take a mild problem and a rush of complaints and worry about it that much to go and cause this many new problems that i listed! with trying to fix what wasn't a problem.. for one... i cant take pages as a logical excuse to do something to the town thing..... nah.. umm.. the page thing is always gonna be like that with soemthing.. and that staff will have to get over... thinking they are to high and mighty to answer a page.. sure it gets annoying but sh.it fire..... i mean damn yo.. u get a page.. "i just got killed in town" ok.. umm wow.. oh no what do i do now... hmm.. im so f*****' confused.. ummm oh yea.. i could just say lol "sorry.. dont worry u cant loose your stuff go back and loot your stuff and dont worry about it.. and next time call guards"

u want to kno the real problem
ppl like Ageis... he used the bug i guess u could call it... to kill ppl based on guild alignments... being aligned.. allowed you to not call guards on the attacker so umm say who attacked u was green to you.. u could not call guards.. and u wouldnt get a kill.. i know he killed my lil brothers Tamer several times doing this... over and over.. that was the only problem i saw.. and that was a simple fix i mean damn.. fix it so u can that order/chaos alignment did not effect guard calls... there that would have simply fixed it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:49 am 
still, when you get 100 pages with the same problem you get sick with it. maybe this was the fastest and easiest solution, i know nothing about scripting. maybe it could be reverted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:55 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
the new players are still playing. The f****** vets are who left! and if u Can Equip Weps in Town, YOU CAN CUT CORPSES! This was a huge problem which BB got very pissed at and it will never be changed back. even vets like urza and sht, people who respect rules usually were using this to loot people in town. We coulda had town pvp but the players f***** it up for themselves already (vets & noobs included).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:15 am 
Dracula wtf are you talking u f*cking freak. You CANT cut a corpse in town. Have you ever tried? Dumb f*cking fool if you dont know what ur talking about then stfu? And the guild alignment thing is NO bug Crox. If people wanted immunity from being killed because their guild was aligned they had to make their guilds Neutral like I did for KoN and there aint no f*cking fool who came attacking me and my guildmates because for 1- They would gains un-necessary kills since they cant loot in town, for 2-They would get guarded the f*uck out be me and my guildmates. The simple solution for those f*cking noobs who complained was to hang around in cove, not to join an aligned guild, bind a key to Say Guards macro. But moaning is more easy then moving ur ass. Besides when the vets were still part of obsidian they would rez most the dead players in town if not all.

Conclusion - Taking weapons and casting out of town was mother f*cking stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:27 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Yes I too think it should be brought back into game. It's real boring if everyone hides in town so they dont die. I dont real care if you can loot or not in town but I remember not long ago when we have a good a$$ order/chaos war to see who could control Vesper bank!!!! Man that $hit ruled!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:27 am 

OMFG URZA WHEN YOU READ THIS NEXT OR THASS OR BB OR VIC TELL THIS FUKING NEWB ABOUT WHEN THERE WAS PVP IN TOWN AND WE ASKED PEOPLE NOT TO LOOT< THERE WAS JUST NO LOOTING CORPSES ANYMORE SO PEOPLE STARTED CUTTING THEM INSTEAD. AND BB GOT PISSED ABOUT IT. This Was Like 2 YEars Ago You jerkoff and its How IT happend@! You people Who Think You Know Everything Thats Ever Happend Here Piss Me Off.! --- the reason you ahve to let people cut corpses then is because You Cant Have Guards and Have PVP. I mean think for half a second next time nature and youll come up with this yourself.

Last edited by Dracula on Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:30 am 
Ya was f****** funy. Primal got pwned thinking he was so cool while Duck and Count Croxton where bows out shooting my necro the f*** out. The never managed to kill him :0. I was trying to make those wirms understand that they were too weakkkkk 4 meh. But I never managed to kill them either exept on ganks. :cry: Necros suck vs warriors :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:36 am 
You dumbass Dracula,
First off dont post with caps stupid fool,
Second off read the Title of this topic. Does it seem to you like WE ARE TALKING ABOUT OBSIDIAN 2 YEARS AGO? If so go back to school and take that finger out of ur ass. We are talking about the RECENT removal of PVP in town where people count NOT cut up bodies in town dumb idiot. And yes next to you, I do know much more than you even though u've been here longer ur IQ is clearly overwhelmed here. I say Henessy's IQ is higher than yours dumbass.

NOT 2 YEARS AGO BUT NOW -----> We want PVP back in town for multiple reason that don't just include PVP but blacksmithing, chopping trees, weapons ID, showing off cool weapons and many many more reasons discussed in this thread.

PS: Dracula, check ur calendar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:38 am 

Hmmm, Funny thing to me is that I have only been here for about one and a half years but I remember you could loot bodies in town at the time I started and it was a few months later when they took that out! And as far as the not cutting them up thingy I can log on to Elven and see how old he is and tell you when they stopped the cutting of bodies in town out because I almost got banned for that! Seeing how that char was bugged and I was thee only one that could cut them up in town. Ask Angle from BOF he is the one that page to tell on me and the staff that came was sonnie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:03 am 

yeah i was there when looting and cutting was legal, i was there when elven cut up corpses too lol. but after that...

nope you couldnt loot or cut corpses yet we were fighting in town fine. i think maybe what happened was a few necros went nuts with df and killed everyone and i mean everyone one day and vesper had like 30 dead bodies . if the decay on bodies wasnt like half a freaking day it wouldnt have looked like that anyways. the necros that did it were wrong to do it because at the time they werent going crim at all they could even kill guards or any other npc if they had the mana. i still dont understand how making no fighting or equiping weps in town was a feasible fix for that though.

but adam there was no need to fix the tamers problem if he didnt want to fight he should not be in an aligned guild period. there are a lot of reasons why you should be able to attack or loot your own guildmembers without going crim. training is one. or say your guildmate died and cant get back to his body but you can so you loot for him. be crappy if you went crim for that eh. being in an aligned guild should mean you are ready for the consequences at all times from either side. chaos could easily war with chaos for example. not all same aligned guilds get along.

and yeah 100 pages probably didnt help.

Last edited by Drizzt on Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:08 am 

At first when i came there was pvp everywhere but cove. looting and all, then guards were introduced to stop looting, so people said F that and cut up the bodies to loot anyway, and so then weapons were taken out. then i left. after that i dunno. and xkill a 1 1/2 years 2 years not a big diff there theres no wierd thing about it.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 4 of 6   [ 89 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next