It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:26 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 5 of 8   [ 118 posts ]
Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:41 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
How about an adjustment to the jail system. For people who like to bug abuse, use forced labour as a deterant. Say they have a week in jail.....during that week their character must perform a certain number of hours or days doing labour. A pile of rocks will be provided and they must hammer at that until it is gone. The pile would be set with a certain HP and as the offender hammers it, it drops HP until it is nothing. To avoid afk serving of time, have the pile move randomly more than 3 spaces from the prisoner every 2-3 minutes.

This would be a more severe measure but some people never learn. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:55 pm 

Good vs Bad cities/realms

There could be two distinctly different realms. One would be a floating city or palace that only characters with 9000 plus karma can visit. It could be recalled to or visited through a portal in the RC. This city would be made of all bright glass or marble and would boast the tallest towers and the most bueatiful creatures. These cities would also have the regular shops and such.

The same would go for the Evil realm. -9000 or more karma to enter. Shops are here etc as well.....the shop keepers dont call guards. However, the guards will work vs other players if you are attacked. This will be a guarded area still and guards would jail someone attacking another. No looting in towns either. This town would be covered in radioactive ooze and molten magma spewing from gaping maws of volcanoes. Chained to the walls will be hideous denizens of the underworld not to be seen even in the deepest dungeons of Hythloth.

Perhaps there could be a Crafter and New Player town as well. This would be a nice town but less of an eye grabber than the other two extreme towns. Only characters with less than 50 total combat skills and less than 70 magery can enter. A character can bypass these limits if they have 2 or more crafter skills over 80. This town would have many areas for training and some nice spots to sell and purchase crafting goods. It would have a medium guarded mine and fishing docks as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:03 pm 

Better combat effects.

Sound effects could use a bit more zest. In a warrior fight, why don't we hear yelling, grunting and cursing? Could we have some random taunting? Perhaps when injured they scream in pain and trail blood?
When mages cast, it would be cool to hear them chant the arcane words. Different voices could be chosen in the option menue and could range from a youthful woman to a haggard old man. Each voice would carry different nuances and attitudes. As the character becomes more evil, so do the words he says in battle. As they become more holy, they speak of valor and justice in the middle of battle.

Such sayings could be:

I cast thee down!
Thou art a fiend!
Argh!
Into Hell!
For Britania!
To battle!
You are weak.
I will kill you until you die from it!
and so on.....

Sure would ne neat. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:04 pm 

Quote:
Better combat effects
add screen shakes on critical hits aswell, that would be neat!

I game on Ubuntu!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:43 pm 

Adjustments to HUD etc.

Add to the health bar indicators for reactive and protective buffs. It could simply be coloured dots in the corner or a hue surrounding the box.
Also, when targeting an opponent or creature it turns red or grey atm. How about getting rid of that and placing an arrow pointing down at the target? This would make the realism better(I know arrows don't really point at people from the sky). It will however show the monster in all it's splendor and also make PvP a little more vivid instead of fighting a grey statue-looking thing.

Also, a polymorph timer would be nice. A simple digital countdown in the corner of the screen would suffice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:52 pm 

An ingame screenshot utility.
Have a hotbutton for screenshots in Obsidian. It will only capture the ingame screen even if other windows overlap and it would not capture your START bar at the bottom of the screen.
These screenshots would be automatically transfered to your personal online Obsidian folder or could be made to be deposited in a specified folder on your PC.

I would also add that as screenshots are taken, they be sent to a streaming video of continuous screenshots. This would be exhibited on a webpage supporting Obsidian. Along with the screenshot video updating as ss are taken, it will also explain upcoming events and past quests. It would also have a section for player of the week Bios. These bios could either be a ficticous play on the char or it could be a real bio of the player behind the character.

*contemplates building this page*

who thinks we should try and do this anyways? Have screenshots sent to me or someone else and then keep updating manually. Also update it frequently and use it for advertising?

Man I wanna do this now! Suggestions would be cool as well as expertise. I have soooo many ideas for a page like this! hit me up! We will get it done!

Happy Gaming :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:09 pm 

It would be neat if someone made a full length novel tracing the history of Obsidian and it's players. Remaining in character and keeping it totally fictitious, this could be cool. Take an in depth look at some of the most prolific battles and battlers and go into the inner workings of the greatest PvPers minds and where they may have come from and where they are going. End it with an epic battle of good vs evil, add some sweet cover art and we are rocking.

Post this chapter by chapter on the Obsidian websites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:49 am 

Wouldn't it be neat if there was some sort of quest, object, or moongate to get you into a "dream land" "Outer Space" or "another dimension"?

Here in this strange alter-map, players could use things like telekinesis to manipulate strange puzzles... floor tiles would appear and disappear at random... Strange objects and monsters would be found here. Perhaps a moving diabolical "time machine monster" of some sort as a "boss". Maybe even have boats with solar-sails, floating through the void of the cosmos to find different "islands" in outer space for the quests or rare items.

The typical space void tile could be used for the background, but new objects would need to be made or colored funky for the new, alien look. This may be a bit hard to picture in your mind, maybe I could work up some illustrations or find some reference picture similar to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:37 pm 

Alright i m coming back on gores idea,but maybe more historical point of view,You know how bak in the days they thought that the earth was flat,and if u got to the end ud fall into hell,well maybe somthing like that,like a quest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:44 pm 

i like alexanders idea of hosting screenshot/vidcaps.

i'm a bit too tired to discuss stuff right now but...

i'm with drizzt. many cool ideas!

if i can form a quick one before bed here (and since it actually pertains to my own situation) it would be this:

for whatever reason, you missed your last tax payment and you lose your house sign. damn! now your place is ripe for the coming of the dreaded "house wipe".

i say make those empty signs still usable by the orignial owners. double-click it and the only option presented would be to regain full control of the house which would entail 1) pay at least half of the original value of the house + 2) pay any unpaid taxes up to that point. if they pay that then everything is back to normal.

scary part: if, say, after 2 months or so, said house still lies unpaid then let "the bank" take it over and anyone could click on the sign and pay half of the value of the house + any unpaid taxes. intsant ownership (and lockchange) plus whatever goodies are in the place (vendors/atm chests/secure chests and their contents). maybe even an auto-wipe of any marked rune locations inside the house proper.

this might give some people a bit more of an incentive to maintain their homes and take the heat off of the GMs having to deal with the "can you save my house" petitions. i say let the people police their own. if you can't muster up the time or the money to save your home let someone else have at it. also, maybe give the uber-rich an option to demolish said house for a 1/4 of the selling price if they wish to use another house deed to build over the decayed one.

if that's too complicated, give people an option to overpay their house taxes at least. got tons of cash and want to take an extended break? pay off your house for a year!

as a side note, please send donations to the vendors outside of The Steel Fish large smithy on the coast just East of Britain and say a good word for us to the powers that be since we like our house and don't want to lose it. any help or advice would be appreciated. cheers! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:05 pm 

I say we fix the shit that is needed to be fixed right now b4 we start getting ahead of ourselves..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:12 pm 

^^ True that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:34 pm 

It is simply a 'wouldn't it be nice contest' not a 'what will be done contest' so keep it in your pants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:18 am 

wouldnt it be nice to ve a integrated voice chat as ventrilo , teamspeak or anything like that . so people can talk to each other without using another program , but make it that only players on yer screen can hear you .

i have not seen it on another uo shard, i doubt gm`s can make it. Not won't, not don't want to, but can't.

Imo it wont unbalance anyhting atm.

only downside it may ve is players going to rezzkill to hear the dead one actually cry .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:03 pm 

I would like to see the guard system changed to where if you call on someone more than once after they attack you without them attacking you again you are the one to go to jail.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 5 of 8   [ 118 posts ]
Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next