It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:30 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 5 of 6   [ 87 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

How should we deal with kill counts?
Poll ended at Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:33 am
Have them slowly decay  45%  [ 30 ]
Allow a player to repent and remove kills by paying large sums of gold or stats  13%  [ 9 ]
Remove kill counts and base the entire system off karma  42%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 67
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:11 am 
More like 3-4 real weeks per kill. 24 hours of game time takes about 3-4 days in real life. I think the karma system should just be used otherwise you'll have half the shard just standing in their homes, doesn't matter if they get jailed for afk macroing since they still log hours on in jail. The paying system seems pretty useless since you can get money off of whoever you kill and not to mention I could make 100k in a day easy if I want which would mean I could probably kill many people and then get away with it, and I know many otheres like me. At least with the karma system you have to be actively hunting in order to become blue again and this means not killing others since one kill will remvove ur hard earned karma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:24 am 
Oh, i?m sorry Anadie - Did some n00b kill you again? *Sigh* Must be hard to live with when you such a great and fair player *Cough* *Cough* - I?m sorry, must have catched a cold...

Post subject: A newbies viewpoint.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:23 pm 
Just a perspective on this from a new player.

Making some sort payment to lose kills dosen't seem really smart if you use stats or money as the payment. As the rich players can afford to buy fish or lose large amount of money without to much excitment, this really hurts the newer players. Be smarter to make it something that you have to work for like actual skills.

I am having a lot of fun but the thing that I really find hard is high level players picking on the newbies like Me :) ), once you loose poof it pretty much goes like this.

1. Put on really cheap equipment and kill weak monsters forever, until u have another money to buy something decent.
2. Put on some decent gear and go exploring around is like waving a red flag for ever pker, lose all your stuff and go back to step 1.

What about something like this.
It would be nice if there was like a protected guild that if you were in it you coundn't get looted. This would let players that want to explore the shard and work on their characters instead of forever sneaking around. Of course you would have to something like if you looted you got kicked out of the guild automatically. Make it hard to rejoin like a time period of a couple of weeks so people didn't abuse it. Put all new chars into this guild automatically, as newbies tend to know nothing about pking. There would also have to be a rule so that people in this guild didn't get cheeky to pk players because they are protected, something like a screenshot of abuse etc would be good enough to force them out.

Just an idea ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:32 pm 
You still get kil counts if BOTH parties are NON NEUTRAL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:32 am 
As taken from the ServerStatusFrame....

Players with Karma under 8000 are no longer welcome in towns.
If a player has a guild alignment of "00" or "0" that means they cannot be freely killed without karma loss.
Only players with a guild alignment of "1" or "2" will can kill another player with a guild alignment of "1" or "2" without karma loss.

Before BB changed the status page, the guild alignment 00 or 0 was neutral... 1 was order, 2 was chaos...

If this is the case... then OvC kills should never be counted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:35 pm 
you dont lose karma.......you get a kill count....which will eventuall turn your karma to negative 10k if you get 10 kills

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:55 pm 

ive killed over 20 people and it still says that i have 4 kills... :P little off topic i know :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:42 am 
read the latest news and it says you dont get a kill if you are defending yourself, they are crminal red or grey and they and you are of a non neutral guild. That is way more recent than the server status page.

Last edited by slug on Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:13 pm 
I hope you meant the exact opposite of what you wrote...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:20 pm 
[Edit] Double post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:01 pm 
lol yea i reread that and something seemed fishy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:07 pm 
Quote:
Oh, i?m sorry Anadie - Did some n00b kill you again? *Sigh* Must be hard to live with when you such a great and fair player *Cough* *Cough* - I?m sorry, must have catched a cold...
that sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:22 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
that sucks.
I don't believe we asked if he caught a cold? and who the f*** is anadie?! wow f****** mexicans shut up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:23 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
that sucks.
I don't believe we asked if he caught a cold? and who the f*** is anadie?! wow f****** mexicans shut up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:24 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
that sucks.
I don't believe we asked if he caught a cold? and who the f*** is anadie?! wow f****** shut up.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 5 of 6   [ 87 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next