It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:25 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: The trek to PDXLAN
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:32 pm 
While some of us were very close, and some very far. All our jounerys were long.

Mine was particularly long, a 26hr bus ride from San Diego, CA to Portland, OR to make matters worse I had to deal with bus drivers that had no personallity or sense of customer service. In fact one bus driver barked at everyone talked to them like they were stupid, nearly left 3 people at a lunch stop, and threathed to leave a mother and child at the next town if she didn't keep her baby from crying. While my trip was just extremely annoying and raised much bloodlust in me for bus driver scalp Blinker's trip was purely horrifying as his plane fell rapidly when they struck hard turbulance, quickly stablized the pilots made a rapid desent to avoid further mishaps.

I got in on tuesday morning spent the day with some family, and then went out drinking with Broadband and CyberVic. Blinkers got in lastnight, and we made him get to work on some things immediately cause he's our bitch and won't drink.

Well it's Thursady, and PDXLAN5 is only hours away, and we were up until about 5am some of us drinking, well really just me, but I'm some. We'll be heading out later today to get our registration done, and hand out install CDs and I'm sure you'll get updates on the front news page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:01 pm 
Wow nice story.

I'd love to see you guys drunk, make sure you take piccies, drunken ones are worth 10x reg ones :)

Sounds like it will be a blast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:07 pm 
Drink a few for me and above all else make sure you guys have fun. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:10 pm 
Quote:
Wow nice story.

I'd love to see you guys drunk, make sure you take piccies, drunken ones are worth 10x reg ones :)

Sounds like it will be a blast.
the pic of me that is in the players list is when i am wasted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:48 pm 
jorus what pic of u isnt when ur wasted..? i mean u have ur own brewery....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:14 pm 
Well I got back from my trip a few days ago, and my trip back was a little more pleasant thatn my trip up, no really insane bus drivers, and no. Lots of late arivals which really didn't give me any time to stretch my legs too often.

A little bit about my stay in Portland, I don't think blinks got any pix of all of us, even though he was the one with the camera the whole time, and while I did alot of drinking, it was mostly light, and no one else was really drinking too much. It was kind of hard to get to some of the good places in town as Blinks is 20 and well we didn't feel like ditching him, well I didn't anyways. However we did goto some of the more upscale places in town he could get into and I think we all had a pretty good time. Even with Vic bitching for a whole day straight when the server when down. I'm glad it's finally working at any rate, and hope my bro BB can chill for awhile, and get in some relax time.

Maybe next time we'll see some more peeps from Obsidian there, and I'll bring my own system.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]