It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:46 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Help with my character
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:43 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

With the rebirth of Obsidian, I'm also considering a rebirth of my fighter. Not a rebirth exactly...more like some serious tweaking.

I'm considering dropping GM anatomy down to 60...poison is my Achilles heals, so to speak. Lower anatomy would solve this....the only problem is that I would not be able to rez friends, or heal for as much..

Another major change I'm thinking about is to drop fencing and take swords. I only got fencing for the enchants, and with that on (what seams to be) permanent hold, I'm stuck with a melee skill that really sucks vrs RA. I take more damage then my opponent does when he/she has Reactive on…fencing just sucks ass.

The last skill I'm wondering about is the poison skill. Do higher level poison pots fail a lot? If I get my poisoning up, I don’t want to use lesser poisons anymore, but I don’t want to fail throwing a pot either. Is it worth it?

As for stats, I'm debating to get 140 dex and 140 str, or a lower combination of dex....

Any thoughts on these changes I'm thinking about would help make up my mind.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:52 pm 
i have a 176 str 104 dex warrior and it kinda sucks. sure, i can deal damage but i can't swing that fast and the heals just plain old suck. i have anato at 60 and i advise you to do the same, with lots of dex you can outheal anything. i'm thinking of getting my dex up to 130 and str down to 150, that should work out pretty fine - for pvp, at least. pvm was great with 100 anatomy, 178 str and 104 dex. 100 anatomy makes you heal shitloads of hp (especially with gm healing) and deal a lot more damage. so i really dunno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:33 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
well if we could just get a way for warriors to cure besides bandies itd all work out.... like um friggin put a stone dispenser somewhere that gives a cure stone that works every however long like a pot did or somthing. i dunno really... just an idea.

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:38 pm 

TBH, Dex over 120 shouldn't be effecting healing delays, it just gets way too fast.

Post subject: lol
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:00 am 

ya but my goal is to get 180 str 100 dex kinda sux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:47 am 

Try for the 140/140 combination - would be a cool test, and if it didn't work out you would only have to lose dex and not str, so it's not too bad a deal. Gm anat is nice to have for the heals but I just checked the stats for healing and gm anat compared to 60 anat isn't that different.

Gm poisoning rapes though :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:10 am 

I am 140/140 str/dex myself, and can say that this works quite well for me. With 140 dex, i do pretty well as a supporting archer/ healer. And with dex pots added, i can normally heal 2 fighters and shower the foes with arrows in between.

Downside is of course lack of strength, and my poor chances when standing toe to toe with the largest of foes. A bit more str would really help here. Prot fish and good armor normally saves my ass tho 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:15 am 

I've been using 140/140 for a few days now. So far it works well. If you look in the buying and selling forums, you'll see I made a list of some of my fencing gear for sale, so that should give you an idea about what I’ve decided for that. I also have a lead on a few FF of anatomy. If I really miss being able to rez, heal for a bit more, and get a little damage modifier, it won't be hard to get to GM again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:23 am 
to be super fast, dont forget to drink your lesser cures.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:35 am 

Quote:
to be super fast, dont forget to drink your lesser cures.......
Why drink lesser cure pots for +11 dex when you can drink cure pots for +22 dex? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:42 am 
drink what u wish when u wish, 1 ga per pot, and can be made easily, cough cough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:17 am 

Hmmm, somehow i've been believing that 150 dex = 140 dex in terms of speed. Or that only increments of 20 meant any difference. Which is why i've used cure pots for 22 dex to raise from 140 -> 162.

Please explain. I might have to go 150/130 str/ dex otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:37 am 
umm if ur a warrior id go with low anat.. and i only say this because the case as far as cure pots are concerned is that the delay on them is to damn high... the cure pots need a delay of like 1 sec.. and shouldnt be linked to the delay of any other pots.. the current delay is like 6+ so no mater what way u go with current setup.. if u get poisoned and use cure pots u will take dmg each time because of delay in system so yes.. untill this is corrected i would go with low anat..

healing threw the poison is quite nice.. mages do this as well.. by having gm magery and no-low anat so they can have one last chance for life if they get low and heal threw the poison.

droping fencing for swords sounds wise i suppose (only because of instability with reactive armour)

poisoning is a nice skill count has prolly the highest poison skill of a warrior on here maybe.. im not sure he is like 80.. but this isnt important.. i think at like 70 u can toss greater poison pots just fine.. and thats all u really need.. it may even be lower than that i cant remember.. reason i say this is.. thta greater poison pots is the strongest in existance atm... there is no deadly pot.. and unlike the spell.. the poison type is based on what pot u use.. not ur skill in it..

this is why i have said many times.. that Poison Pot dmg should be based on skill and there be only 1 type of pot.. i say this for several reason and here they are listed
Regs.. Nightshade is the most commonly use attack reg there is prolly it is in severl dmging spells and used prolly most frequently.. the amounts requrired to make pots is rediculus.. when considering most times u poison someone mage for example.. a cure takes place via spell that instantly does away with any dmg.. greater pots cost about 8 ns each i do believe to make.. in a fight i can use somewhere around 30-40 poison pots.. if its a heavy battle... do the math on that 240-320 ns in poison pots which would be used.. whre as a mage that has the skill up can cast if for 2 regs and even do deadly... now lets say we were having a pyrimid and i fought in 4 rounds.. that pyrimid event would cost me 1000+ ns in greater poison pots..

this is just silly and gives no benefit to a non magic user gainin skill in poison as u can see clearly...
i remember use to.. anyone could use the stronger pots no mater what skill and whatever.. ppl still didnt use them so much because it costed so many regs to fuk with em ... and not to mention an ass load of time mixing them... thats a big one and time consuming 8 regs.. take forever to mix alot..

my answer to this would be to make "Poison Pot" alchys make it for 2 regs and also can be bought at shop.. this poison pot does dmg based onyour poisoning skill thus.... this would do away with all lesser normal and greater poison pots....

this would even out the benefit of gaining the skill on both chars.. using pots is already shittier because they are delayed... adn have a Range where u have to be to damn close to use them.. why make it the more expensive route also.... it just dont make since

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:41 am 

Man sometimes I wish I was still around as a Warrior to teach you young'uns a thing or too...but I guess being back as staff will have to do! How are you all anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:10 am 

yo Thass, we are all fine tho! How's you?

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next