It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:35 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Downtime? :(
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:43 pm 

I know that Obsidians runnin on some older parts and shit while you guys are fixing the normal server, but damn, this downtime is getting ridiculous. The past three days the shards been up maybe a combined time of like 5 hours.

Now if it's a script or whatever that's causing the lag, maybe remove it until you figure out why it's lagging us so bad and causing it to crash, and if it's due to parts, then all I hope is you guys get some time to put the real server back together.

Obsidians got a good chance of getting a lot of players back, if only we can keep the shard running and free of lag. There's barely even any bugs left in the game, so you guys are doin awesome, just.. the downtime sucks :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:57 pm 
Yah its getting out of hand, im sure if it keeps up we will lose alot of players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:02 am 

Shit, even if we lose a few it's still a lot to us at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:45 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
i stopped drinking one evening so i could reinstall everything on my pc to play obs and its not even up. I had to drink twice as much the next night to make up for this fruitless endevour. Cmon chaps sort it out i wanna see mrs clause strutting around ves again this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:18 am 
please fix it for the poor romanian.

MUST... HAVE... OBSI! arghghghghgh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:27 pm 
Down again today, thanks for the " early Christmas present" bb. This is getting old very fast and its becoming bs, am sure in a lil while bb will come back with an excuse and it will be fine for a month or so, then the shard will go down constantly until we get another excuse. BB has made probably the best UO shard there is, he is an awesome scripter, but it doesn't really matter if the shard is down and around 10 people are on at average. I'm sure every ones patience will run out eventually

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:36 pm 

It's not like BB doesn't know about the downtime. I'd just be nice to see something done about it.

We all know when BB wants to, he f***** OWNS at scripting. I've got nothing but respect for him, but I agree with LP, the downtime is killin our playerbase, this IS the best UO shard out there, and I know that if it weren't for Obsidian 99.9% of us wouldn't be playing UO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:38 pm 
Quote:
but I agree with LP.

!?!?!?!?!? OMGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:39 pm 

Yeah.. don't get used to it. You still suck..

.quote 120

<LegendProdigy> i suck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:20 pm 
i'll never grow tired of waiting for obsi to get back online.

and...

Merry Christmas, boys and girls! Ho Ho Ho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:24 pm 

Quote:
i'll never grow tired of waiting for obsi to get back online.

and...

Merry Christmas, boys and girls! Ho Ho Ho
I feel the same. I remember hearing in one of the podcasts that aslong as Obsidian has ONE person it'll remain up. Well guys, I know for one, I AM THAT GUY. I won't ever leave this shard until forced to, and you can hold me to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:21 pm 

Quote:

I remember hearing in one of the podcasts that aslong as Obsidian has ONE person it'll remain up. Well guys, I know for one, I AM THAT GUY. I won't ever leave this shard until forced to, and you can hold me to that.
Make that two!!

I'll only leave if BB shuts the whole thing down forever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:24 pm 

Quote:
It's not like BB doesn't know about the downtime. I'd just be nice to see something done about it.
Do we know for sure that he knows??

I only ask because it would be easyish for him just to reboot - which makes it one of two possibilities

1) he doesn't know - he's not staying at home over the Christmas period, and after the last reboot, he got in his car and went to his folks.

2) he does know, but doesn't want to put the shard up just to have it come down in 10 minutes time again - and because he is pretty tied up with Christmassy things, he'll work on it after!

Either way - have a good Christmas BB (and all) - and I'm looking forward to the shard coming back in a slightly more stable form!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:36 pm 
The downtime will do you all good.

Christmas comes but once a year, and it is this time that you shoukd spend with your family. With the shard down you can now do it. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise, go enjoy christmas while its here.

Merry Christmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:12 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Do we know for sure that he knows??

I only ask because it would be easyish for him just to reboot - which makes it one of two possibilities

1) he doesn't know - he's not staying at home over the Christmas period, and after the last reboot, he got in his car and went to his folks.

2) he does know, but doesn't want to put the shard up just to have it come down in 10 minutes time again - and because he is pretty tied up with Christmassy things, he'll work on it after!

Either way - have a good Christmas BB (and all) - and I'm looking forward to the shard coming back in a slightly more stable form!
I know BB is aware the shards down, because for one, he DID reboot it twice, and for two, CV told me he talked to BB about it.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next