It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:20 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Obsidian aut patcher
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:40 am 
i have a problem with the patcher, everything seems to be working fine but when i launch the game i log on etc.. its lagging for me all the time, which aint normal for me as i have 1.3 mb connection with average ping 220-250, anyway after a while it shows me info that Obsidian Auto Patcher has encountered a problem and needs to close.W are sorry for inconvenience. I may add that thise happenedfor the firs time after the vesper quest was implemented/power surge lightening problem, oh yea and when the patcher shuts down the game works fine but with BIG lag.
HELP!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:16 pm 

I would suggest running a virus scan on your computer. Obsidian can usually run lag free and very well on even medium to low end computers and internet connections. If your game is slowing down that much, it sounds like there is something eating your memory and/or bandwidth. If that does not work, try running a trace route using a program called “UO trace”. If you use that program, use www.obsidianshard.com as the destination. If you notice any major packet loss between your computer and Obsidian, please let me know, and we can work from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:43 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Defragging your computer usually helps cut down on computer lag if what Eros said doesn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:09 am 
ok so i did virus scan with kapersy, avast and norton antivirus, so no viruses here, did format, defag and reg cleaning.UO tracer tells my connection is extremly poor ,LOL!

as-0-0.mp2.SanDiego1.Level3.net 4.68.128.149 11 239ms 0%
so-10-0.hsa2.SanDiego1.Level3.net 4.68.113.42 12 240ms 0%
webhop.everydns.net 64.158.219.5 13 241ms 13%
the last one is slowing me down as hell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:21 am 
bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:24 pm 

I think the destination I gave you might be for the old forums before BB switched hosting companies. The Obsidian server itself might be on a different address. I'll have to look into further to be sure. If you are indeed pinging the forums rather then the game server, then that 13% packet loss is not a big deal.

One thing that does interest me though, is what the hops are doing before it gets to Level3.net (the first one you have listed there). Send me a PM with the full listings of the hops including your own. (You can block out the IP if you like, I'm just looking for packet information.)

Before you send me that information, conduct a "poll' test using UO trace. Let it run for a few minutes (at least a hundred pings) and see if any problem shows up somewhere down the line. Send me the results of that poll, rather then a single ping, as it will give a better idea what’s going on.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]