It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:23 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:05 pm 
I most recently played World of Warcraft after an almost 2.5 year run with Star Wars Galaxies. WoW simply wasn't for me, luckily I tried it out playing a friend's alt account. SWG was great until SOE started changing everything around to instant gratification, carebear style. Eventually I lost almost all of my guild to cancellations and when faced with just the game and no community left I realized there wasn't anything of interest left to do.

So, I've got a few questions about this game that hopefully you guys can answer for me.

Can you play just a 10-15 minute session and accomplish much? How about 30 mins, or an hour?
Is there much of an "economy" for player crafted items, or are most things found as loot?
How big is the gap between a n00b and a vetran?
Can a new player compete at all or do you have to build it up over many months?
What sys requirements are there for the client? Processor/RAM?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:31 pm 

Website: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Leylah
Yahoo Messenger: habiba_87
Can you play just a 10-15 minute session and accomplish much?
Not really.

How about 30 mins, or an hour?
Depends, crafting stuff, perhapes, pvp shizzle or building a character? No.

Is there much of an "economy" for player crafted items, or are most things found as loot?
There could be an economy, but most ppl have this thing called a friend. most loot is just weapons and such. The only good way to get rich is to fish.

DUno.

Depends what your tryin to accomplish. No real dungeon runs like on WoW, mainly just pvp and thats only a few ppl.

If you could play WoW and Star Wars Galaxies your comp is just fine, i dont know the exact specs but i know my shitty vaio was running it grrreat.

This is a small community, everyone knows everyone, and tbh, you'll get bored. Building up a character training and wutnot is pretty tedious and repeative and boring...and i duno what else to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:58 pm 
Quote:
Can you play just a 10-15 minute session and accomplish much?
Not really.

How about 30 mins, or an hour?
Depends, crafting stuff, perhapes, pvp shizzle or building a character? No.

There could be an economy, but most ppl have this thing called a friend. most loot is just weapons and such. The only good way to get rich is to fish.

DUno.

Depends what your tryin to accomplish. No real dungeon runs like on WoW, mainly just pvp and thats only a few ppl.

If you could play WoW and Star Wars Galaxies your comp is just fine, i dont know the exact specs but i know my s****y vaio was running it grrreat.

This is a small community, everyone knows everyone, and tbh, you'll get bored. Building up a character training and wutnot is pretty tedious and repeative and boring...and i duno what else to say.
Thanks for the info :).. I'm sure my main comp can run it just fine, was mainly concerned about my laptop which is only a P3-700 with 192megs of ram.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:00 pm 

Can you play just a 10-15 minute session and accomplish much? How about 30 mins, or an hour?

imo, you could do some decent training on a warrior in 15 mins however other chars prolly not, 30 min good training on warrior and decent for crafters or most anything else, hour well yeah good alround.

crafter items are usually sold easy enough a good smith or fisher and even alchy can be good money gm tailors can make some money off the dyes as well... the main loot off monsters that sells is weaponry.

that is truely only determined basically on how you act... and some on where your skills are at if you get most of a chars skills in the 90s your not really gonna be considered a noob if you dont act like one :p

you can really start to compete in events as little as a week on a warrior if you do some constant training. biggest thing is to get your main fighting up to gm asap and healing as high as possible if melee then also work with your parry. for a decent starting warrior id start with 50pary 50 healing

if you were able to even start to play WOW with out much lag or little lag then obs shouldnt be a problem

Hope that helps... its not as slow and difficult to become a "vet" as abib makes it sound i dont consider myself a vet yet but a very experienced noob lol i dont make the big bucks yet yet i have alot of fun

Dinoparc
Natural Chemist
Quote:
thank god, I realized I have no f****** use for a kryss..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:30 pm 

Website: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Leylah
Yahoo Messenger: habiba_87
Quote:
Quote:
Blah Blah Blah
Thanks for the info :).. I'm sure my main comp can run it just fine, was mainly concerned about my laptop which is only a P3-700 with 192megs of ram.
Well my old comp was a sony viao p2 300mhz and 100 something ram, and ran it fine. Ping'd about 40ish, i currently ping 8-12 but I think its because I bought a decent router :p

And Minazul how long would you say it takes to become a non shitty warrior/mage in obs. Day wise?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:31 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Blah Blah Blah
Well my old comp was a sony viao p2 300mhz and 100 something ram, and ran it fine. Ping'd about 40ish, i currently ping 8-12 but I think its because I bought a decent router :p

And Minazul how long would you say it takes to become a non s****y warrior/mage in obs. Day wise?
Hrmm You can be a decent warrior\mage who pvp/pvm depends your goal, in like 2-3 weeks if you are serius at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:30 pm 

Quote:
for a decent starting warrior id start with 50pary 50 healing
Nah, do 50 resist and 50 poisoning.
Quote:
Hrmm You can be a decent warrior\mage who pvp/pvm depends your goal, in like 2-3 weeks if you are serius at it.
I made Static in about 3 weeks..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:38 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Noones gonna get that done the first time theyve played the game though of course. You need money ect..

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:50 am 
Game Admin

The skill gains are slow there's no debating that, sure you'll get bored at some point - everyone does, yet there's still some people who have been here for 3+ years and they still enjoy the game.

If you know what you're doing or had people show you exactly how to 'become good', you could make a gm fisher/cook and a decent warrior in around 3 weeks - and you can have a fun time doing it. Every person is different so they'll enjoy different things. (if you enjoy fishing though - you're just crazy :P)

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:37 am 

Quote:

Sure, when you got all the Bandyes, Poison pots, Armor, Weapons and Regs you need..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:56 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Sure, when you got all the Bandyes, Poison pots, Armor, Weapons and Regs you need..
bandies* :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:02 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

terek got his spelling corrected by rmx...LMFAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:14 am 

haha cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:03 am 

Quote:
for a decent starting warrior id start with 50pary 50 healing
actuly start with resist if ur a pvp warrior so mages cant own u in like 2 secs

i r still a noob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:20 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

bandies* :)
I've said it once and I'll say it again.. HAHAHAH foreigners correcting foreigners!!!

and uhh Terek, I bought all the bandies I used from the store, I wore iron armor (bought from a store) I used normal weapons (bought from a store) and oh guess what.. YEP I bought my regs from the stores..

God, hard to imagine I actually used the vendors in game hey..

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next