Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: 3/11/04 Patch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:59 pm 
Site Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
  • [--New Features--]
  • No Town Looting - You can no longer loot corpses in guarded areas
  • Re-Smelting - Blacksmiths can now resmelt iron armors back into ingots. They end up with less then they started with however you gain skill when resmelting.
  • Blackrock and Bloodrock - Both ores are now mineable. Blackrock is +25 and has extra durability so it won't break as easily and bloodrock is +20 but it auto repairs itself slowly when you wear it.
  • Exponential Karma Loss - The lower your karma is the more you'll lose when killing an innocent.
  • Karma Gain Lowered for Murderers - Monsters no longer give as much karma to evil players as they do to good ones. This is to prevent blue playerkillers walking around.
  • Bounty System - There is now a bounty system in effect. Go to the "Shard Manual" section of the forum to read more!
  • **NEW TAMING SYSTEM** - The old taming system had so many exploits it wasn't funny. The new one removes alot of the bugs and will eventually allow you to tame monsters when we implement. You need a tamer stone to use the taming skill now. You can find one in the runestone chamber via the animal dispener. Because animal taming is now more skill based and less luck based we have double the rate of skill gain.

[--Balancing Changes--]
  • Reagent Stock - Because of the huge demand, some shopkeepers have begun ordering additional orders of reagents.
  • Blacksmithy - The gain on this skill has been slowed a little since we added resmelting. Resmelting an item does a check on your blacksmithy.
    Mining Slowed - Skill gain on mining has been slightly slowed due to the addition of new ores
    Healing Increased - The healing skill should now increase a little faster
    Dagger Price - The supply of dagger in obsidian has been so overwhelming compared to demand that vendors everywhere are dropping prices to get rid of these things.
    Fishing - Fishing is just as profitable as mining/blacksmithy however requires 1/2 the work to make the final product. Because of this the chance of getting special items has been reduced. Additionally the skill gain is now very slightly slower.
  • Daggers - All classes can now equip daggers
  • Necromancy - Jorus tweaked the skill gains and also adjusted the effectiveness of drain mana.

[--Bug Fixes--]
  • Healing Delay Bug Fixed - For once exploiters worked out to our advantage. They found a way to make people die from healing delays whenever they wanted which made tracking and fixing this bug a breeze!
  • Meditation and mana - Meditation will no longer give you more mana then you have intellegence.
  • Anti-res Regions - Jorus managed to track down and fix the issues we had with some regions not allowing resurrection. Thanks man!
  • Magic Crossbows - The magic crossbows no longer break easily
  • Poison Fixed - When you heal naturally from poison your heath bar now goes back to green.
  • Secure Containers - The secure container count has been adjusted and fixed for 90% of homes in Obsidian
  • Water Elemental Weapons - Useless and removed

Last edited by Broadband on Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:19 pm 
lol.. superior iron ingots by katrina ramsey ... coooool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:28 pm 
Wow thanks a lot for the re-smelting BB. I did get a crash though when selecting a catergory for which I did not have an item to smelt. I clicked shields and it crashed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:45 pm 
bout tim eposon can be healed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:56 pm 

BB.. the is a bug with meditation. I have died twice by meditation delay... the latest being earlier today. like 10 mins after the new patch was implemented. Also, when you medi right after u cast a spell.. the spell reflects and it hits you instead of the original target. It doesnt hurt you but it drains mana.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

the patch didn't say it fixed that :) I'll look into it tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:13 pm 
you say magic-crossbows have been fixed but bows are still breaking on first hit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:14 pm 
can you look into making attack last macro work so someone can hit me while i train healing without them having to double click alot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:20 pm 
Thats a good idea slug.. i was thinking that earlier when i was training.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:17 pm 
No looting in guarded areas doesn't work. Had 4 asses loot me not long ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:29 pm 
Same here, thought I was 'safe' in britain but I was not to my dismay...
It was probabably the same people that looted me that did Mordenkainen. Would that be considered bug abuse? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:45 pm 
Yes it was the same ppl Lakini, I saw it when it happened to you.

There's a way around it and imo yes it's sort of a bug.

edit:
"Can I be looted in town?
No. If you happen to be killed in town your body will be protected by the guards for up to and hour so you can reclaim your items.
"

Copied from the shard manual on pvp and basically the reason why I told them I will have my crap back one way or the other. For me it's not the value of it, it's how it's done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:52 pm 
BUG EXPLOITATION BAN THEM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:07 am 
Site Admin

I didn't take into consideration that people would cut up the corpses. Corpses now can't be cut up in guarded towns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:30 am 
about the meditation bug mentionned above in the thread

i never died to that bug. if you happen to die to it, try to take notes on how much health/mana/stamina you had, your skill, if you healed at the same time and any other thing that might be of interest

and the spell doesn't reflect back on yourself, it targets an item in your inventory, i suspect it to target the meditation hat itself, though i'm not sure. what i'm sure of is that it doesn't bounce back but changes targets instead --- preventing mages from meditating while casting

the same thing happens with grt mana potions (possibly other potions but i didnt test it out)

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next