It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:19 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next

Are you at all happy with the direction in which the shard is heading?
Yes  69%  [ 29 ]
No  31%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 42
 Post subject: Here is a poll for you
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:35 pm 

This will most likely be removed but i just wanted to see for myself if the majority of the players felt the same way I do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:27 pm 

Personally I voted on NO. I mean Im not saying that everything is wrong with the shard atm, but there are things that Ive noticed since coming on have issues. Hopefully, they are addressed (and I surely pray) that they are put to their original stand points they were around maybe.....4 years ago?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:43 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I'm of two minds on it. I love the fact that we have an active scripter who knows what he's doing with code and not afraid to make the tough changes. Unfortunately, I don't think that Bob understands that video games retain players by having aspects of the game stimulate the same parts of our brains as crack(this is scientifically true...look it up). He's systematically, but unknowingly, removing those crucial parts of Obsidian that make it so addictive.

I'm going to hold off on voting until I see the races and crafting systems working correctly. Once again, I'm giving the benefit of a doubt, and waiting to see if Bob pulls a rabbit (or crack) out of his hat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:44 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
no, i hate the way it is going

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:37 pm 

I personally think is going in the right direction even though I agree with some of you that some things are screwed. The good thing I have seen so far is that GMbob actually listen more to us than any other high staff has ever. I have seen things that we have complained about to get fixed in less than a week, I have seen a consistent active staff member(Bob) checking forums and replying to posts at all times and that can actually go and script and apply the changes.
As example, I agree with you guys that mages are screwed as of now, and you know the reasons. But this doesn't mean it will stay like this. After things are implemented we test them and we give feedback on what is good and what is bad, and I'm sure Bob will try to fix what we dislike. I know how frustrating it is to have spent so many hours on a pvp character for example and all in a sudden because a new patch is put in, your character sucks, but here is where we come in and say this is not right and staff will tweaken things.

Anyways, we will see how things go with new patches, however I don't expect everything will be 100% right and the way we want it to be.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:07 am 

Quote:
I personally think is going in the right direction even though I agree with some of you that some things are screwed. The good thing I have seen so far is that GMbob actually listen more to us than any other high staff has ever. I have seen things that we have complained about to get fixed in less than a week, I have seen a consistent active staff member(Bob) checking forums and replying to posts at all times and that can actually go and script and apply the changes.
As example, I agree with you guys that mages are screwed as of now, and you know the reasons. But this doesn't mean it will stay like this. After things are implemented we test them and we give feedback on what is good and what is bad, and I'm sure Bob will try to fix what we dislike. I know how frustrating it is to have spent so many hours on a pvp character for example and all in a sudden because a new patch is put in, your character sucks, but here is where we come in and say this is not right and staff will tweaken things.

Anyways, we will see how things go with new patches, however I don't expect everything will be 100% right and the way we want it to be.
Well I can agree with u to Dynamite.....I can actually understand a little more. Having a active staff is a plus, but it would be a lot better with more. Im having major issues in the game, and if Bob is the only active one then it causes problems.
However, I done mind staying until everything is finished and I can help get things fixed. The only things that I want fixed now are fishing (to go back to the TA3 standards) and mining (to go back to the same standards).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:53 am 

Its been quite awhile since i logged on, but when all the patches first started I was very active and liked most of the changes and what I wasnt keen on I told bob and he told me his reasons for the changes and I understood why he done it.
I think dynamite hit the nail on the head with his post saying how its great we have a active scritper and he fixes things fast. Nothing like it used to be.
I get the feeling tho that either way Bob cant win. We used to have people complaining about invul bug and other things that was wrong and how they would never get fixed, and now they do get fixed people complain and hate changes :P
I say we all just sit tight untill bob is finished with everything he has to do because if u sit back and think about it things are going in the right direction and things we dont like get adjusted/changed.
Great work bob, i thought Obsidian was on its last legs but now i have hope that we will get back to a high player base once things are all finished and the shard is promoted and we get new players.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:01 pm 

Hopefully we also get some old players.....I would really love to see some of the old players I used to hang out with when I played. Voldermort, Kranium, Ice, and another one of my close friends whose name escapes me....:D

Would be nice to have PvP where it used to be before I left :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:09 pm 

Miraculously there are 28 votes on here but i highly doubt there is even 28 accounts that have logged on and tried stuff out recently. :?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:04 pm 

Quote:
Miraculously there are 28 votes on here but i highly doubt there is even 28 accounts that have logged on and tried stuff out recently. :?
All you do is complain and whine about this or that. If obsidian has hurt you feelings that much, just quit playing obsidian, go play some other 3D games that are the shit at this moment. I dont see you much online anyways, so one less whinner won't make any difference.
:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

I think it expresses the state of the shard pretty well. A Lot of people play without really voicing their thoughts outside of in-game comments or occasional bugs or suggestions, in forums or PMs. The discontented are the most likely to have something to say, since very rarely do people feel like saying "hey things are alright, posting for no real reason".

Most people are happy with the direction things are going. There are quite a few unhappy, for various reasons.
I say to them what i say to the happy people. Watch how things go, say what you can, and remember this is not quite a finished product. Especially when you consider that tons of systems inter-relate on each other, so changes in one (or lack of a patch) will make others appear silly, and so on.

I'm not saying some of what's going on isn't broken. And i'm definitly not saying that some of it doesn't look like complete playerhating madness (it does). I'm just saying is when all is said and done, 92% will be balanced and make sense, and the other 8 percent we can fix and rebalance and discuss more.

On that note, races will be in relatively(a month maybe, depends on timeline) soon, and so a lot of the racial stuff will start to fall into place as well. The crafting patch will also make the gain system make a tad more sense as well, not to mention giving a much needed boost in usefulness to MANY skills(fletching i'm looking at you), as well as making things less boring (fishing bites, lumberjacking is a hackjob, and not many people really dig mining).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:45 am 

Yeah fishing's like... Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash "I want a boat" Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Bother Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish "Were'nt there notes in bottles in this game" Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash "Maybe this time something new" Nope.. Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash "How the hell am I fishing through wood" Splish Splash Splish Splash Bother Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash Splish Splash... Gather Gather Gather Gather Gather Gather Gather Bother Gather Gather Gather Gather Gather Gather..

Mining's like... Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Bother Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch "1 BR ingot? WTF? What am I suppose to do with this? Why did I dig this up" "What a fuggin tease!"... Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Bother Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch... Gather Gather Gather "Oh I'm too weak am I!?" Gather Gather.. *move ore, walk 2 steps, move ore, walk 2 steps, move ore, walk 2 steps, Bother.. Gather Gather Bother Gather Gather.. Smelt Smelt Smelt Smelt Bother Smelt Smelt Smelt Smelt Smelt.. Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang "my head against a wall" Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bother Bang Bang Bang Bang..

*You have failed to produce anything"... Wahh Wahh Wahh.... =p

A few KaPoW!'s and WhaBang!'s or Wiiiiizzzzz's would rule!

Maybe I'll GM fishing for the 3rd time on me new guy Horacio Teh Fishamen..

Eshmaki

http://www.youtube.com/user/IloveJesusY ... ature=mhum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:40 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
All you do is complain and whine about this or that. If obsidian has hurt you feelings that much, just quit playing obsidian, go play some other 3D games that are the shit at this moment. I dont see you much online anyways, so one less whinner won't make any difference.
:wink:
I've never whined about anything i hjave expressed my opinions about what i liked and didnt like and that is what these forums are for. Just because I don't agree with some of the changes does not make me a whiner at all. I have my opinions and I am not going to change them for anyone. And as far as quitting, for someone who logs on every so often to bank sit and has made no real contribution what soever to this shard you have no reason to speak about anyone or anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:47 pm 

Well I have not seen one positive "opinion" in any of you threats, all you do is bring bad "opinions" about the server. I'm not saying the server is great at this moment, but what you do with your head, you destroy it with your foot. Any new player that reads most of your posts won't feel like even giving a try to the shard and I'm not refering to this post, but to your general negativism. If you call that a cotributor, we both have a different concept of it.
You wanna be called a contributor, then you should report bugs, which I know you have. But then don't scare new players when they read some other crap you write about the shard.

About me not contributing? I probably have contributed more than you, I just don't brag about it.

Anyways, I'm not planning to keep on posting on this matter to make you more or less famous, i'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:59 am 
Site Admin

Alexace, i think you missed part of the point of my listing out teh skills.
It was supposed to be a very punnishing elaboration. :P

And both of you stop it.
You both contribute in different ways.

Yes belgarion does have a hard head about some things, but he does voice his opinion and backs it up with reasons. That's what i ask of any player. Just because i don't agree some of the reasons are valid OR i know that it's something that needs to be done for greater balance even if some dislike it, it doesn't mean he's always whining. :) He has put forth some valid concerns or ideas over the time.

Everyone's input is important, whether they are agreed with or disagreed with. I'd even merit saying that sometimes the people who put forth the questions that staff have to say no to are even more important, because it gets questions asked that no one wants to ask, so that everyone can see the logic behind it.

Now lets stop saying who contributes more or less, and just focus on hurrying the shard to it's final form so everyone can have fun. :)

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next