It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:30 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, so i've FINALLY finished the most tedious part of this.... annoying little patch.
See i force myself to censor too. It's not just asking you guys to keep it pg-13.

Anyway, I've finally finished the bulk of the patch, which invovles insane amounts of number crunching, in-game testing, and bots running 24/7 gathering data on resource speeds, crafting rates, etc.

What this means it the new lists for what's craftable, what rate it's due at, resources, skillgain etc is all done.

The final part of the patch should actually be finished up relatively quickly, which is putting in the new crafting system itself. There are lots of reasons we're making a new system. The biggest two are the fact that the old system interface is rather tedious, and that it does not have as much flexibility as we'd like.

So, here are the features most requested over the years that ARE going into the new system.

1. When crafting items, having them automatically get put into a container of your choice.
2. Making mass amounts of a given item.
3. Alchemy potions will now stack better and be less variable.
4. Some GM made items will now gain an actual bonus. (Despite all the rumors to the contrary, a GM armor in the old system was the same as an exceptional or normal for all intensive purposes due to how obsidian worked. Same with GM Weapons.)
5. You will now have the option to append a makers mark (your name) to items of GM quality.
6. GM Marks will now be done by chance, once you are of a skill to make an item. The higher your skill, the bigger a chance you make the item perfectly. As such, highest skill items will not have masterwork quality very often.
7. All items will contribute to gaining, however the farther below your skill the item is, the less it will contribute. You can gm off daggers, but it will more than likely take you a LOT more resources, and time, than doing it off of items closer to your skill. This applies to CRAFTING ONLY. Magery will get it's own patch later, as i said earlier. Likewise, masterwork items for items close to your skill will contribute more to gaining, since you made it perfectly once and learned something.
8. The crafting system will go on a cumulative gain system. Meaning that each item will add a precalculated amount(with some randomness) to a counter on your character, and at a certain value it will give you a skill point. This will reduce the annoyance of the bad RNG in obsidian, that gets you 3 gains in 5 seconds one minute, and no gains for an hour the next.

Now that being said, what additional features do you all feel you want that i might have missed?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:26 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i cant think of any features i want besides that off bat but, i do have a question

when mass producing items, do you get a chance to gain from each of those items...
and is this 'counter' to skill gain visiable or is it just code that we know is there?

O and is this in effect now? because i cant mass produce shizzit lol!

EDIT: also, every time it says its to easy to gain off of, it fails the item qhich dont make alot of sense :/

Last edited by chips LL on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:35 pm 

Make random stuff happen?

Fun additions?

Sounds good though.

Thx Bubba!

Eshmaki

http://www.youtube.com/user/IloveJesusY ... ature=mhum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:41 pm 

O i am sure this system isnt in yet tho lol, cuz i just got those train an hour and get 3 in the next 5 min situations lol

and ALSO it would be nice for you to gain of each individual ore,,,,

i dunno if that makes sense SOOO lets say you have guy(a) with 200 ore
and guy(b) with 5 ore,,,,,,
that guy with 200 ore would have 200 small chances to gain (or toward that counter thing)
and guy (b) would have 5 small chances..
instead of having to separate each and every ore you would have the same chance to gain as if u did separate them,,,,

cuz currently, guy (b) could smelt 5 ore separated and have mroe chance to gain than guy who smelts 200 ore singlarly, separating, everyone knows that trick already, and its rather annoying doing it,, SOOOO why not take out one of the most tedious things in crafting

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

smelting for gains is going to get removed the same time most ore smelting gets made to rarely fail and take low skill (it's smelting ore, not hard and not very different for different ores). It's tedious and serves no real point, and yes mining gains are getting adjusted because of this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:27 pm 

sooooo when is the patch being implemented (crafting patch)

or does the crafting patch disclude black smith?

if it does what skills are effected (and when)

and when will the lag stop!?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:38 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Holy crap Bob, thats a lot of complicated stuff to script.

Speaking of complicated...can you give us a little hint how (or if) skill cross utilization will be implemented?

For example, lets say a character is a GM Alchemist, GM poisoning, and a GM smith...can that character DP weapons?

Or a GM mage, GM Blacksmith, and a GM Taylor could incorporate metal into cloths that give mages more AR without more Fizz.

you get the idea.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:42 pm 

lol the naming system would sure be unique LOL

a a +5 silver woven robe of defense LOL

or aa magical silver woven robe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:31 am 

NICE NICE this is what we need ......

and i dont think skill cross should be like that...

Iori Yagami - The Old Fisher Of Obsidian
Yashiro - From Old School
Saga - Golden Wizard
Orochi - The Vamp Stoned
The Sorrow - In The Darkness were he belong
[ Merovingian's Dynasty ]

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!
Get your own at Flyffables!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:47 am 

Quote:
thats cool.....it was just a suggestion.....I'm sure you have some ideas about what it should be like, so lets hear them.

A Gm fisherman, Balcksmith, and carpenter could get the title of "shipwright" and make small 1 person vessels.

A GM fisherman and Taylor could make fishing nets that when thrown into water brings in lots of small fish or something special to be determined.

A Gm warrior and GM Blacksmith could make weapons in his fighting skill that are vastly superior to what a normal GM marked weapon would be (combine this with the DP skills, and colored ores, and you have one hell of a weapon smith, with a title to match). You can take this a step further and combine tinkering and magic for precise balancing of weapons, inlaying gems in the hilt, and attaching magic properties.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:29 pm 

Quote:
3. Alchemy potions will now stack better and be less variable.
Does this mean no more lesser cure, cure, and greater cure? etc? Not sure what you mean by "less variable".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:09 pm 

azi,, then umm what would happen to normal weps? lol and magic weps from hunting for that matter.....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:24 pm 

Quote:
NICE NICE this is what we need ......

I agree 100% with this. It would be a different story if the shard was new but seeing how most people already have their builds and like the the way they are changes like that would be unfair to those who have stuck around.

Love the new idea on smelting tho for sure, nothing makes mining suck more than losing have the ore you worked for.

Question: How does taming fit in with this new patch pr does it at all?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:50 pm 

Maybe allowing Elven bows to be crafted again?
Adding new clothes dye colors for taylors?

Even though rides are not craftable, maybe GMbob can craft some new rides for the Obisidian tamers :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:04 pm 

Quote:
azi,, then umm what would happen to normal weps? lol and magic weps from hunting for that matter.....
Normal GM weps would still be as they are...just the first stage of a crafting character that can be built up

I'm a firm believer that the strongest weapons should be craftable rather then drops. Put the game in the hands of the players rather then a random number generator.

These are just suggestions to get ideas going...brainstorming...nothing will happen from them directly, but hopefully, indirectly, they will spark something from someone that will turn out great.

Lets hear it.....

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next