It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:09 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:04 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
ok, any idea / frame of time when this thing is going to come to existance?

any idea (in general) of what is going to be change / whats going to be nulled and whats going to be strengthened, wepon and ability wise,

will the pvp patch still be kinda unfinished until the race patch is implemented,? or does the pvp not count in any part towards the race patch, but the race patch be based on the pvp patch, or neither?

and for the players to answer.... what do you think needs to happen just in general?

PS. first post bitches!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, i wasn't clear. That's my fault.

This is for discussion of what people think is wrong, what they think will fix it, etc. I.e. Discuss what you think the patch SHOULD have, and WHY (most important).

Race patch is completely seperate from the combat patch(not just pvp since pvm is affected too). It also is a "minor" patch, meaning it can get put in while big patches are being worked on. Since each race is discrete (an individual unit not relying on other races).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:21 pm 

Quote:
Ok, i wasn't clear. That's my fault.

This is for discussion of what people think is wrong, what they think will fix it, etc. I.e. Discuss what you think the patch SHOULD have, and WHY (most important).

Race patch is completely seperate from the combat patch(not just pvp since pvm is affected too). It also is a "minor" patch, meaning it can get put in while big patches are being worked on. Since each race is discrete (an individual unit not relying on other races).
Is race not an important factor in pvp balance tho? I mean i haven't really been trying it out but to me i would think a human warrior is about the most powerful on the shard right now pvp wise. You can use both melee weps and bows and racial warriors have basically jack at the moment. Not trying to be an ass but i don't see how you can talk about combat balance without including races.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Is race not an important factor in pvp balance tho? I mean i haven't really been trying it out but to me i would think a human warrior is about the most powerful on the shard right now pvp wise. You can use both melee weps and bows and racial warriors have basically jack at the moment. Not trying to be an ass but i don't see how you can talk about combat balance without including races.
That's exactly right, races are not an important factor in combat balance overall. They don't get discussed in this subforum.
If you'd like more explanantion on why, we can discuss this in pm so we don't clutter up this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:32 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

In all honesty, it seams more productive to make small changes and fixes to PvP as you see fit then a massive over haul. This holds especially true right now with the smaller player base. Not many people are currently PvPing and much of that has to do with the lag. Once more people are active and become more familiar with the system we will be in a better position to make more informed suggestions on how to change it.

But in the meantime...to begin getting things like they were....
I'd like to see mage fizzes removed, archery or magery limitations removed on warriors (I don't care which one, but one penalty is more then enough)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 am 

i thought that u need races to make a WAY BETTER FIX in combat ... but well ...

Iori Yagami - The Old Fisher Of Obsidian
Yashiro - From Old School
Saga - Golden Wizard
Orochi - The Vamp Stoned
The Sorrow - In The Darkness were he belong
[ Merovingian's Dynasty ]

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!
Get your own at Flyffables!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:16 pm 

I definately agree that the fizzle rate is way too high, and i really never thought that it was all that uneven before, alot of people cried when they got owned by mages and said they were to strong but there was some good warriors that could hold their own. I always thought things should be tested as we go instead of just number crunching and saying there it is balanced. Because what happens usually is you get things that look good on paper but not so good when they are tried out in game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

k... I think i'm just failing at explaining what i'm looking for. I'm trying to avoid the braindead/stonewalled discussion that's been going on and instead try to hit the things that people know is wrong, but no one really talks about. The little stuff, as drizzt pointed out. The stuff that doesn't "Feel quite right".
Yes there are some big changes from the old system, and yes most are here to stay. Some might get put back or put in a new way, dunno yet. But for now focus on the stuff that hasn't already been discussed.

I'm going to put up some starter topics to try to help discussion along, then gtfo out of the forum for a few weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:18 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
um, maybe this would be kidna to powerful, but it would sure be convient,,

the ability to make macros for potions, like Gheal pot macro and G mana macro

this would of course apply to warriors also, but mages have a few more pots to sift through...

also if you make that available (dunno if its even possible) but make stone walls macro-able, only if all pots are macro-able tho lol

and EDIT:
I think BoB that there saying, race has to do ALOT with pvp, so obviously races aren't feeling right lol, the scope of your vamp warrior abilitys aren't feeling right,, (thats what there saying Lolz

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]