It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:33 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Next Patch
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

The next major patch will be a combat balancing patch. A lot of people have been comming up with issues with the current method of combat, and i'll be the first to admit it's not exactly like our old system. It works, but it's not the best. However figuring out exactly what is missing is what takes a lot of work and effort.

So there is a new sub-forum in the bugs and suggestions forum. All discussion related to the patch is to be there. This will make it easy to keep track of.

Talk amongst yourselves for a week or two. Staff will make no comments or direct any of the discussion for at least that period of time. This is to establish not only what the vocal people feel, but to give them time to weed through their own ideas and see what everyone thinks. However, pointing out what's wrong is easy. Figuring out how to fix it is the hard part.

So go nuts. PVP, PVM, PvPets, all topics of combat go in there.

In other news the server is still a little wonky, i still can't do patches, and crafting is still getting worked on. Yay craziness. But it's getting there, i have a meeting with broadband sometime this week to try to sort out the rest of the server stuff. However lag seems to be a lot better, yes?

Post subject: Re: Next Patch
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:14 pm 

Last week, lag was almost non-existent. This week, its very laggy for me.. Could either be my connection, which I doubt because I'm still downloading at 300-500kb/s, or something that you added in the last couple of days? Perhaps there is a memory leak, the longer the uptime the worse the lag. At 10-15hrs uptime, no lag, now at 40+ hrs constant lag.. The server just went offline, when it goes back online I'll report on lag. If memory leak IS the case, perhaps you can debug / trace / log output and see what is constantly being instantiated?

I watched the status for 1 hour. After 30 min memory went up by 2000 which suggested a memory leak, but then after 45 minutes dropped by 4000-5000, so there is no memory leak. The uptime now is 0 hours, the server just crashed and restarted.. lag is nearly non-existant again, much better.. seems like something funky is going on.

RIght now it's at
Code:
Server Status Last updated 2009/03/30 19:17:06 NPCs 18297 Items 612540 Guilds 52 Active Accounts 8018 Players Online 2 Memory Used 428056 Uptime 0 Hours Prediction of Doom Any day now...
So we'll see what it is in 40 hours from now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:18 am 

Well for me lag has been much better. Got to do some hunting for a change. :D And wasnt to bad locked up a few time for a few seconds. But much better Keep up the good work staff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:31 am 

well is not like wOot ! the BEST !! but its better then before and i still feel that some times like u laggy for a sec and then go normal

should be nice if mage can wear armor again for start

Iori Yagami - The Old Fisher Of Obsidian
Yashiro - From Old School
Saga - Golden Wizard
Orochi - The Vamp Stoned
The Sorrow - In The Darkness were he belong
[ Merovingian's Dynasty ]

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!
Get your own at Flyffables!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:59 pm 
I love how this is taking over a year to do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:53 pm 

Well i use to post gripeing post 1 they do no good at all. 2 Its all about time my friend some of us work and kids and just rl in general. 3 The staff who are working on patches and what not has to work with bb and he works a ton. Not to mention the hours of scripting and testing they have to do befor the can put a patch in. At least they are trying and giveing their spare time to make the shard better for us all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:35 am 

Quote:
I love how this is taking over a year to do.
wtf at least they r trying to make this shard a better place, if u dont like it go away, gosh :x

Iori Yagami - The Old Fisher Of Obsidian
Yashiro - From Old School
Saga - Golden Wizard
Orochi - The Vamp Stoned
The Sorrow - In The Darkness were he belong
[ Merovingian's Dynasty ]

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!
Get your own at Flyffables!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:33 pm 
I wouldn't mind if they shut it down, spare the grief of what is already going to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:05 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
lol so why do u even post here? you just sound like a tool bre :/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:08 am 

Quote:
lol so why do u even post here? you just sound like a tool bre :/
Damn right.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:19 pm 

I'm thinking the skeletons may be a bit much for total noobs. Not having things like mongbats or headless ones readily available to kill, the skeletons with axes in particular can do extreme damage. It used to be I could go into the Britain GY and wield off many skeletons at a time with ease... now it can be more of an battle for intense me, especially noobs. I recommend you turn down the damage a bit on the skeletons. I'm not talking about the "special" skeles which should provide a challenge for the higher loot, but the regular skeles, specifically any skele with a weapon is hitting too hard.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]