It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:16 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject: Can we buy walls?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:08 pm 

Can we either start buying walls or remove the ones that exist? I have always found it unfair that some people have gm built walls but for some reason no one else can have them.

Post subject: Re: Can we buy walls?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
1. Enable people to wall of peninsulas with a wall 5k a tile , might not be vital but its a nice feature to have.

No. The existing walls are rather silly to begin with just I have yet to be able to work out a proposal that will get broadband to approve a system of refund that will properly reimburse players if/when we remove all player bought walls.

I'm open to suggestions, but there is already a way to wall a peninsula, buy houses and pay the taxes on them to form a wall. This is covered in the rules under lockdown area blocking.
Posted in another thread found via search function, search for "buy walls".
As i've said multiple times over the past two years, the gm bought walls were from before me, and while I am partially the driving force behind not selling them, i am also the driving force behind not selling any gm placed stuff. (anvils, especially those ATM chests, guild hosues, etc ). Note that most of this is because those things are becomming craftable(anvils/forges/guild houses/etc).

BUT, that does not mean I get to take away the ATM chests/etc from the existing playerbase until there is a proper compensation setup. Feel free to suggest one, i run a new one past broadband every meeting or two because it's one of the things that makes the world seem weird to have existing. So far none have been successful.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:01 pm 

How about just nuking it? Sounds fair to me.

'And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:03 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Everyone should be able to have or achieve to have the same thing. If its not possible than I agree
with Judas....nuke it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

yeah i tried that proposition first with the big walls and the ATM chests. Got a flat out no. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:15 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
well, if you remove all items like that then you wont have any custom colored clothes no rare dye tubs and such,
would make the shard boring. imo
I dont have ANY of these items but i still let the people that do have them keep them.
but as the shard goes on offer other different rares such as the halloween white bones / these snow buckets (they have gone on to long imo)

and different periods of play would equate to having different rares

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:57 pm 

The hell does broadband know? Nuke it and don't tell him about it, he'll find out in a year or two (if he gets on then) and probably won't do anything about it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:59 pm 

If he nukes it wont he have to pay back the cash for the wall/ATM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:05 pm 

Okay then,

keep the walls that are there atm and begin selling the again? Fixes the whole problem.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:39 pm 

Ya we need more rares. I mean at first I was like "OMG I gots a snow bucket" and had the shits and
giggles while I colored my first robe. Now Ive gotten like what, at the most 10+ snow buckets and have
dyed plenty of robes (some of which I gave to people as gifts).

So like Sub mentioned, possibly consider providing newer rare items (either obtained through events or
recieved through various hunts).

This may be the runescape talking, but why not have monsters drop parts of items (besides armor) and
have the player collect all the pieces to complete the rare? Just a thought....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:18 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
ya and make them more rare then those damn snow buckets

or the same as snow buckets buckets but keep them in for like only a month or even half a month
or maybe even only a week out of the month u can collect rares and each month there different

so 12 rares a year, that doesnt sound bad
and not everyone will have everyone of the rares because they would have to log on like every day of the year AND hunt or do w/e enough to collect the peices to get the rares.....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:46 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I don't see why gold would have to be paid back...I mean, all gold was nuked anyway, right? ...And that gold nuke was long after walls and chests and stuff were placed, so in essence players were able to give their gold to staff to hang on to for a few years, in exchange for a temporary wall?

IMO, if walls are going the way of the dodo, then no compensation should be given to people who have them currently. The rest of us were not given compensation when our gold was nuked.

If I had known that I could use walls as an investment to keep my gold safe from the nuke, I would have bought the Great Wall of China.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:29 pm 

Agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:05 pm 

Exactly we didnt't get any compensation for the tons of stuff we have lost due to bugs and changes and whatnot if it is for the good of the shard then we sho0uld all be prepared to take a loss. And with dye tubs and all the rest i believe it should be the same either it is accessible to all or none. It can be rare meaning there might be only a few that are accessible but anyone regardless of time spent playing should be able to access it. Otherwise it should be deleted. This is a new shard now, time to get with the now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:34 pm 

The people who own walls had gold too don't forget. I paid about half of the gold for the ancient's guild hall (which was around 1 mil) and I never saw any compensation for that and I'm not going to ask to see it.

But I think stripping people of their guild lands/houses/walled areas without any kind of compensation is just a vindictive jab in their side. You guys are just looking at it from your own selfish perspective.

EVERYONE suffered from the gold wipe - Hell i lost more than 700k in it which is more than most people and I hunted for every single bit of it. Compensation for the walls doesn't have to be paid in gold - it could be paid in a rare item? or two depending on the size of the property/wall?

Sure those people were lucky to have those walled off areas but no need for you guys to be so jealous of them as to suggest that they lose it purely because you cannot access and are a little bitter about losing some gold.

PLUS Walls were paid for LONG before half of you even started playing.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next