It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:57 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:57 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Poisining is fine in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:58 pm 

Perhaps we take out 90% fizzling caused by weps and have poison pots land on target. The Fizzling rates should balance out and have a more skillful poisoning system in place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:53 am 

Bob will argue that "it will make poisoning compulsory". Well, a lot of skills have to be compulsory, magery for a mage, for instance, or melee for a warrior. But, I don't know what else could fix the current system except for that: poison landing on target (even if they didn't, Bob).

The whole PvP system is just becoming something which is definitely not Obsidian.

'And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:09 pm 

When I first started playing poisoning was a pretty useless skill and not many warriors used it. I think warriors used a poison potion their weapons, then hit the opponent to poison. I was a super newb back then and did not pay much attention to PvP, so I may be wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:04 pm 

I think the thing here is no matter how you try to have a variety of builds for pvp there will be one for each that works well and everyone will use it other than trying to find their own. I think this like alot of other things i am finding are just way more complicated than they have to be.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:04 pm 

So we agree then that poison potions are to be accepted as a necessary skill. The issue being that we cant fizzle opponents needs to be fixed by having poison potions land on the target, as they appeared to in T3A.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:53 am 

The only amount of poison i would consider "necessary" is like 20-30 pts. You dont need to GM it, and actually yes there does seem to be quite a bit more variety in character builds than before.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm 

I suggest making throwing pots be to a tile until poisoning is up to a certain percentage, then after that percentage is exceeded the pot is thrown at the target.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:20 pm 

Quote:
I suggest making throwing pots be to a tile until poisoning is up to a certain percentage, then after that percentage is exceeded the pot is thrown at the target.
I agree, maybe 80-90 poisoning?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:50 pm 

This is something that i have never agreed with, everyone whined and said poisoning was overpowered b4 and do you know who it was? The ones that were either too lazy or didnt have the resources to gm it. Why would you not want a slight advantage for people who spent the time and resources to gm a certain skill? And anyone who did take the time to Gm it knows just how long it takes and how expensive it was. But now since it can be cured b4 it actually does any damage at all having GM poisoning is about as useful as having GM forensics. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:29 pm 

Belg, quit giving opinions, you dont PvP, yours dont even count. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:14 pm 

No it shouldnt be that poison becomes instant hit at a certain percentage because then it becomes mandatory and demands that you reach a certain % in the skill. anyway I think its fine, it was overpowered back in t3a and was the only technique any pvp mage would use was harm and poison.THATS LAME. At least we see new builds.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:41 am 

I never said instant hit, as in instant damage. Just it won't miss like it does so often when it targets a tile, but will still be able to fumble. Think about it, when you get good enough to throw a dodgeball, you learn to lead the target instant of throwing where the person is standing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:39 pm 

mages in t3a could 1v3warriors at a time.. no?
they used to just poison them all so they will NOT xheal eachother and will only heal themselves.. cus warriors used to have only 60 anatomy.
i like the way it is now but i only dont like when ppl can avoid poison potts so easily..
actually in my own opinion.. i think that if we couldnt be able to avoid poison potts.. it will totally balance poison./?

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:08 pm 

If any mages killed warriors 3v1 in T3a it was because the warriors sucked period. The only drawback really from warriors in t3a was the healing fails, you would sometimes fail 7 or 8 times in a row. Any1 who doubts that warriors were pretty closely balanced to mages in t3a obviously never saw BM vs Azi or people that could actually pvp back in the day. The ones who cried were the dexxers cuz they put all their stats in dex and got owned when they failed to xheal.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next