It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:09 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Using animals.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:56 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Alright so basically warriors cannont use a shrunk animal... because you need either magery or taming. We should be able to use a skill like tactics or somewhat that will allow us to use one aswell..

Post subject: Re: Using animals.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:21 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
or train animal lore to 20?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:19 am 

Mages can summon and control, bet a warrior with no magery or taming/lore can't unshrink and control. That swings things out of balance...

Also, same warrior dismounts and commands ride to stay. With no taming/lore/magery he can control -0- animals, and your ride becomes one when dismounted. Does the ride go wild and possibly attack?

I'm not saying that we need to put it back, but a minimum controllable level of 1 or 2 for zero mage/tame/lore may correct the second issue.

Nash Fisher - Fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:27 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

horses do not count towards your limit, unless you give them an order, which you can't really do when your riding them...
but I don't know how this will play out in events where we have to stable our horses....something should be done here.

Summons DO count towards your limit, so a mage can't unshrink a bear, and summon a bear without being over his cap, unless he takes up some taming.

a mage using anything more then 1 bear is risking a lot, and Bob effectively made bears only viable for true tamers.

A mage using a bear is an advantage, but how much of one? how much damage does a bear do to a warrior with 50 ar? 1 bear is more of an annoyance then anything, IMO...it's when mages start stacking 2 shrunk bears and a summon or 2 that things get overwhelming....and that can't happen anymore.

And who knows, if some critters start taking up more then 1 control spot, we could end up seeing a true tamer class as a viable option. A tamer riding a nightmare with a drake in tow would be a fun class to play.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:49 am 

Quote:
I'm not saying that we need to put it back, but a minimum controllable level of 1 or 2 for zero mage/tame/lore may correct the second issue.
agreed.. we should have a free one without having any of those skills..

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:15 am 

agreed. anyone can keep 1 pet irl and have them be nice and stuff to ya,,, so ya xD
warriors should be allowed one..... like they said with tactics,
above 70 tactics = bear
in warrior school when they teach PvP tactics im pretty sure they taught them how to use bears xD or an assistant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

i'm going to throw this out there.
The assumption is that mage = warrior, mage + bear = warrior + bear.
The way i see it, mage + summons = warrior.

Mages have summon creature, summon elemental spells for a reason. It's part of their balance structure.
Warriors do not have an innate summon creature ability, and as such their balance doesn't rely on it.

You give me data that shows a warrior can't beat a mage who can summon without using bears, and i'll consider it.
But as i stand to see it, yes it would be nice for warriors to have pets, it is not part of their innate balance, and so if they want the extra ability they need to spend the skill points on it.

And i like the idea on some creatures using up more than 1 slot, i'll look into it. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:12 pm 

well the warriors having bears werent limited b4 like 2 weeks ago so umm... is that data enough? lol
all the complaining was about people summoning/shrinking lots of bears at once .. which was sorta fixed with the 20 sec delay (should be higher) and the amount should be 1 universal, like people said

when u hop off ur horse and tell it to stay as a warrior ur risking losing ur perrrty stang

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:31 pm 

pvp is too slow as is if u take away the bears for warriors then need compensation same with mages (casting speeds) i like the idea as it makes pvp more skill required but pvp cant afford to be any slower with gm anat as it is

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:03 pm 

well.. now i tested warriors against mages.. at first i thought that warriors won't be able to handle mages because they won't have bears.. but i forgot that mages wont spamm bears too.. lets go back few days ago.. mages were spamming alot of bears against warriors by summoning and unshrinking.. but now mages won't have alot of animals to controll.. so its just got balanced.
if anyone doesn't believe it just test it..

but i wanna know.. what about rides?! i think that rides shouldn't be counted!! i really want to know.. cus warriors would lose their rides

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:17 pm 

A warrior can handle 1 summon from a mage. No problems. I just think we need to bring back instant fizzling with poison pot. That will balance things. So, if the mage tries to summon... fizzle him. Then he won't be able to try again for 20secs.

'And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:24 pm 

yeah this change is needed to balance pvp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:30 pm 

bob should get a medal for those good updates.. lol :P
i will also give him a crown if he enabeld dark elves race stone :lol:

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:20 pm 

The summoning timer is no longer needed, now that we have a better way of handling followers, so can we remove it?

IMO horses should count towards followers, otherwise spamming horses would be the new thing in PvP....but, something should be done so wariors can tell their horses to come and stay.

I don't know if this can be done easily, but maybe..something like this oversimplified example:

IF total followers = 1
AND follower npcID = equestrian or llama
AND control spots = 0
THEN set control spots to 1

This way warriors can control a single ridable animal, and nothing else, unless they have the required skill.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:58 pm 

ok, i misread the section on magery and control. Thought it was 1 for each 30 magery instead of 1 for magery overr 30. 1 bear or animal is not going to put things out of balance.

That leaves the issue of a warrior and his ride. Maybe a single mount could be allowed for all chars without counting against the follower count. That would allow the mage and crafter the same ride priveledge as the warrior.

The other thing I didn't think of right off is how summoned monsters, such as elementals and deamons will count toward the follower count. But these may be candidates for the multiple slot creatures.

Nash Fisher - Fisherman

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next